Tree care advocates

The Thai Arboriculture Association and the Big Trees project are working to promote good tree care in Thailand.

TAA has associated with the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture). TAA and Big Trees are now training and certifying tree workers and consulting arborists. 

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiArboricultureTAA

Big Trees are A Big Deal for Cities | Oraya Sutabutr | TEDxChiangMai - YouTube

Even in Switzerland where the knowledge is freely available, trees get wrecked by 'guys with chainsaw bought in Walmart'. 

Still, it's a start, I do despair at what I see every day, even ancient trees that have received protection from the temple get ravaged. 

A child in first grade has more about what a tree should look like than many of these guys: It's trunk, branches, twigs, not 'cut bits of it until it is on the verge of death' and then get annoyed because it grows back stronger than ever, but no longer stable.

Never mind, they grow again. 

Not going to happen. 

I spent over 40 winters in trees, 20 of those in big trees, and I found that my expertise was rarely appreciated, "why don't you cut off more?" was the usual comment. AND "it'll fall over if we don't 'prune' it".