Biden moves to reverse Trump immigration policies, too slowly for some

webfact

12 minutes ago, J Town said:

As always when confronted with cold, hard facts:

Deny, Ignore, Lie, Deflect, Obfuscate

Post it on an oan or newsmax site, then link to it. Trump supporters will then see it and it will confuse them.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 12:50 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

The immigrants from across Europe were almost entirely the ‘underclass’ of the countries they left.

and the ones from Africa got a free ride from the Brits and Portuguese..

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/british-transatlantic-slave-trade-records/

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Post it on an oan or newsmax site, then link to it. Trump supporters will then see it and it will confuse them.

THIS is the crux of why we can't come together to an understanding. "

"If anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in thought or deed, I will gladly change. I seek the truth, which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance that does harm." ~ Marcus Aurelius

I have NEVER had a 45 supporter be able to share concrete facts, and we have all seen how showing facts to 45 supporters has them running in the other direction.

Until they can swallow their pride and admit they are wrong, we'll go around and around in senseless circles. I welcome anyone to convince me I am wrong.

Edited by J Town
grammar

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

let me ask you.  You live in Thailand.  I am from the USA a first world country but to enter Thailand I have to be 1. Over 50 years old, 2. Show I have no criminal background  3. Have to prove I have the financial resources to live here  4. Have to have health insurance so I do not run up a bill and not pay  5. I can not vote, I can not buy a single family residence, 7. I have to report my location every 90 days.  8. I can not work here. 9. I certainly am not entitled to any government assistance program and I doubt if I had non Thai children they would get free schooling. 

Compare that to the USA. 

Why is it that you have no problem with a third world country protecting itself by imposing standards for entry but seem to have no problem with a first world country having any standards for who enters the country and not only can live there but also is now entitled to benefits.  

The USA needs immigrants.  There is a shortage of people in the medical profession, nursing profession, welders, plumbers, pipefitters, computer programmers, engineers.  

Why should the USA have to accept every indigent who wishes to come and not be selective in terms of who it "invites" to live there. 

Calling these people immigrants is like calling a person who breaks into your home an "undocumented guest." 

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

image.png.6ee19b9197d96055dba0dbfbb33fc843.png

The Center for Immigration Studies is a notoriously dishonest organization. 

One way CIS distorts the figures is to compare households rather than individuals. So even if only one undocumented alien is in a household and the rest are legal residents or citizens, that counts as a non-Citizen household. Obviously this is nonsense. The valid way is to compare individuals. And this is, in fact, how the DHS measures them. For a far more detailed expose of the dishonest methods of CIS here's a link:

https://www.cato.org/blog/center-immigration-studies-overstates-immigrant-non-citizen-native-welfare-use

40 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The US is not a first world country.

Well given it has the world largest economy.  Ranks 6th in income per capita.  Ranks second in net worth per adult.  What do you use to rank 1st world versus 3rd world. 

1. Luxembourg - $52,493
  2. Norway - $51,489
  3. Sweden - $50,514
  4. Australia- $46,555
  5. Denmark - $44,360
  6. United States - $43,585
  7. Canada - $41,280
  8. South Korea - $40,861
  9. Kuwait - $40,854
  10. Netherlands - $39,584
    image.png.4ed86207ae675abe9daf17055e222c6a.png

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The Center for Immigration Studies is a notoriously dishonest organization. 

One way CIS distorts the figures is to compare households rather than individuals. So even if only one undocumented alien is in a household and the rest are legal residents or citizens, that counts as a non-Citizen household. Obviously this is nonsense. The valid way is to compare individuals. And this is, in fact, how the DHS measures them. For a far more detailed expose of the dishonest methods of CIS here's a link:

https://www.cato.org/blog/center-immigration-studies-overstates-immigrant-non-citizen-native-welfare-use

Yes it is a garbage source.

Thanks for pointing that out.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center-for-immigration-studies-cis/

12 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Well given it has the world largest economy.  Ranks 6th in income per capita.  Ranks second in net worth per adult.  What do you use to rank 1st world versus 3rd world. 

1. Luxembourg - $52,493
  2. Norway - $51,489
  3. Sweden - $50,514
  4. Australia- $46,555
  5. Denmark - $44,360
  7. Canada - $41,280
  8. South Korea - $40,861
  9. Kuwait - $40,854

I suspect evenkeel is referring to the changing complexion of the American population.

21 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

1. Luxembourg - $52,493
  2. Norway - $51,489
  3. Sweden - $50,514
  4. Australia- $46,555
  5. Denmark - $44,360
  7. Canada - $41,280
  8. South Korea - $40,861
  9. Kuwait - $40,854

You changed "You stating the USA is not a First world country says it all, The USA is the most giving nation on earth."   to my post reading "The US is not a first world country."

Typical.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Excellent well thought out post, thank you.

You stating the USA is not a First world country says it all, The USA is the most giving nation on earth.

Your assertion that the USA is the most giving nation on earth is fundamentally suspect. Maybe if you compare by nations, but that's only because the USA has a large population and a fully developed economy. On a per capita basis it's not even close to being #1. Many countries give far more in foreign aid than does the USA. It donates .16% of gross national income to development aid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_development_aid_country_donors

And if you include its level of  generosity to its own citizens, it should be pointed out that, unlike the USA,  most nations with fully developed economies manage to provide universal health care and better social benefits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Credo said:

You might want to read your link.  They haven't been let in and they will be let in slowly.

EVENKEEL

Here you go san Diego, 25,000 allowed to enter

https://apnews.com/782c8495f29d9d73f2ffc80d5b2a2aef

i wrote allowed to enter, as opposed to staying south of border to wait. What the problem is?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

EVENKEEL

Here you go san Diego, 25,000 allowed to enter

https://apnews.com/782c8495f29d9d73f2ffc80d5b2a2aef

i wrote allowed to enter, as opposed to staying south of border to wait. What the problem is?

The problem is with  the verb. It should be the present: are allowed to enter or being allowed to enter. Past participle signifies it's over and done with.

• Haha 1