UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

8 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I so much like what this stand up comedian (sit down comedian?) does with his glasses.

It must have taken him years to reach this level of perfection. Maybe he got inspired by Cleese's "How to irritate people"?

I laughed so hard that I did not pay attention to what this joker said - probably of no consequence anyway.

Nice to see you're more interested in a mans appearance than his words of wisdom. 

When Andrew Neil speaks everybody listens, when UvdL speaks everybody laughs and grimaces. 

Did Monty Python actually do a sketch about the EUs Ministry of Unfunny Gaffes? ????????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

That’s a bit bold when you have clowns like Boris or Farage, don’t you think? 

Not really wolves, you may not have realised this but Nigel Farage is not a MP, and UvdL & her contemporaries makes Boris look like Abraham Lincoln. 

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

Very amusing, but putting up repetetive photos is not going to save the EU, in retaliation I could put up a video of JC Juncker having to be propped up because of his serious 'sciatica' condition but leavers tend to be more grown up than the Euros.

Well you were the one who wanted to talk gaffes and grimaces.

Not that your Boris would look much better if we were talking contents instead. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Well you were the one who wanted to talk gaffes and grimaces.

Not that your Boris would look much better if we were talking contents instead. 

Never judge a book by its cover, you just have to look at UvdL, the lights are on but nobody is home.

You do know that the two points we are talking here bare no relation to one or the other, you are showing us a photo of Boris stuck on a zip line and I am saying that Mrs Leyen could have restarted the troubles in NI, which one do you think would go the highest on the EUs Gaffometer?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Never judge a book by its cover

Totally not, Boris is a comic book in the cover of a comic book. 

I am saying that Mrs Leyen could have restarted the troubles in NI, which one do you think would go the highest on the EUs Gaffometer?

Well, if she “could have” done that, then she definitely has something in common with Boris and the Brexiteers. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

No. It’s was so that we would officially be free of the EU clutches and their extended membership disguised as a Transition Period. 

Exactly, like I said, slogans and symbols matter more than being well prepared, the result being that you’re still a quarter in and have to ask for another quarter more. 

Once the contributions have stopped negotiations can continue to resolve these issues. 

At least you’re finally admitting that that “clean Brexit” doesn’t exist but turns out to be just another hollow slogan once reality hits.

Good job he’s catering to Leavers and not those who would pander to the EU. Sorry Fritz but you are so obsessed with trying to claim we should have stayed that you cannot see our result. 

Don’t worry Ahmed. It became a great source of entertainment to do a Google news search on “Brexit” every other day to read about your great results. Try it sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Totally not, Boris is a comic book in the cover of a comic book. 

Well, if she “could have” done that, then she definitely has something in common with Boris and the Brexiteers. 

Getting through to some Euros and remainers is like talking to a cult, nobody will take responsibility for their leaders actions, they just deflect instead of facing the grave mistakes the EU is making. 

However which way you want to look at it UvdL has opened a can of worms now. There is total distrust of the EU from both sides of the Irish border, she has basically given the UK carte blanche to do whatever they want with the NI protocol, not a smart move on behalf of the leader I would have thought.

It would be in the interest of S Ireland now to leave the EU Bloc, certainly would solve a lot of problems and then the EU could not use the Irish problem as a pawn. They have already proven that they have no concern for NI and its citizens and that being the case the UK must do all in its power to make our citizens be treated just like the rest of us and if that means putting borders where borders are supposed to go, well so be it.

But I know you will defend what ever action and foul deeds the EU has in its armoury, but UvdL latest action is going to take some defending. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It was Brexit that caused the issue in the first place, not UvdL or the EU; and it was Brexiteers and the UK who have constantly demonstrated their total disregard for the Northern Ireland issue, so no one is taking your acting seriously, not more than all the other lies and desinformation Brexiteers are known for. 

Brexit didn't cause anything, Brexit happened because our country voted to leave the EU and you can't get over the fact we have left and have sent our cash cow to pastures new. The bitterness that is displayed by some of the Euros and even some of our very home grown citizens is totally astounding, stop trying to pass the book, the NI protocol was not designed to blackmail NI, the EU have screwed up, why don't you just admit it, but I cannot help thinking that their will be huge repercussions through the actions of a politician who cannot work out the difference between right or wrong.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The fact that “your country” caused Brexit doesn’t change the fact that Brexit caused this issue, it’s just another piece in a cause-effect chain in which UvdL and Article 16 certainly aren’t the root cause but stand at the very end of it. 

You understand I hope that you cannot start a war because a country had a democratic vote. I reiterate Brexit was not the cause of Mrs U v d Leyens actions, she was, however hard it is for you to accept.

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You could, however, admit and own the consequences of your democratic vote. With great power comes great responsibility. 

I’m not going to say that I agree with her statements; I think it was wrong. It still required Brexit in the first place, however hard that is for you to accept. 

Brexit was not a crime and there was provision for leaving the EU by triggering art 50, we chose that choice, it is really that simple, if I can be so bold, I would assume that you would be none too happy if the Russians started building another wall to split Berlin down the middle again, I am sure you would have plenty to say about that, would that be a fair and just statement? It is no different to the EU expecting us to split our kingdom up just to appease the EU. Hopefully Boris will remove this rediculous border down the North Sea and the citizens of NI will be treated in the same fashion as the rest of the UK.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Brexit was not a crime and there was provision for leaving the EU by triggering art 50, we chose that choice, it is really that simple, if I can be so bold, I would assume that you would be none too happy if the Russians started building another wall to split Berlin down the middle again, I am sure you would have plenty to say about that, would that be a fair and just statement? It is no different to the EU expecting us to split our kingdom up just to appease the EU. Hopefully Boris will remove this rediculous border down the North Sea and the citizens of NI will be treated in the same fashion as the rest of the UK.

What if they dont want to be treated as the rest of the uk. What if they wanted to join eire and be part of the eu.

• Like 2