UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And by that, you caused the NI issue. It is really that simple. 

Brexit was your choice. All the consequences are of your own making, and you were made aware of it before. You either ignored it or you didn’t believe it; you still own it. 

He certainly has a track record for not honoring agreement, and it certainly wouldn’t be the first time where Brexiteers have to learn it the hard way that their actions have consequences. So keep it coming. 

The NI problem was there before we had a Brexit vote, but from what I am reading from your replies is we cannot have anymore democratic votes in the UK just in case it upsets the terrorists, you cannot be serious!

He certainly has a track record for not honoring agreement, and it certainly wouldn’t be the first time where Brexiteers have to learn it the hard way that their actions have consequences. So keep it coming. 

If you think that UvdL lasting a month before she invoked art16 is in anyway honourable, I would seriously have a re-think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

The NI problem was there before we had a Brexit vote,

No, it wasn’t. Not during the time of EU membership. 

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

but from what I am reading from your replies is we cannot have anymore democratic votes in the UK just in case it upsets the terrorists, you cannot be serious!

You can do whatever you like. And you learn that there are consequences. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, it wasn’t. Not during the time of EU membership. 

You can do whatever you like. And you learn that there are consequences. 

Like there will be consequences when art 16 gets triggered without any reason.

Anyway it has been an immense pleasure engaging in dialogue with you but you have totally obfuscated me out. 

On 2/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, CG1 Blue said:

The UK was not a member state in December. We left in Jan 2020. 

Hungary only has a 6 month authorisation to use the Russian vaccine. The European Medicines Agency has to license any vaccine for use in EU countries, but they allow countries to license vaccines temporarily (how generous of them). 

The EU should be bending over backwards to help ease the the export issues for the UK. After all, our Oxford scientists produced a vaccine that is cheap and easy to store and therefore easy to roll out globally. The EU should be thankful for that. Plus if the EU do the decent thing we are more likely to help them out of their own self inflicted vaccine crisis. 

The UK was still subject to EU regulations when it approved the vaccine, and any EU state could have done as it is allowed under EU regulations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

That is a stretch even for you! You know full well UvL's position is hugely more prominent and significant than Simon Case's position. That's a ridiculous comparison and just highlights the lengths you'll go to to win an argument ????‍♂️

Both are heads of their respective political master's bureaucracies.

So if your really believe your statement that "UvL's position is hugely more prominent and significant than Simon Case's position" it must logically also mean that you believe the same of their respective political masters; that the EU is hugely more prominent and significant than the UK!

Although I do believe that Brexit has damaged the UK, I certainly cannot agree with that!

Edited by 7by7
typo

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Brexit was not a crime and there was provision for leaving the EU by triggering art 50, we chose that choice, it is really that simple, if I can be so bold, I would assume that you would be none too happy if the Russians started building another wall to split Berlin down the middle again, I am sure you would have plenty to say about that, would that be a fair and just statement? It is no different to the EU expecting us to split our kingdom up just to appease the EU. Hopefully Boris will remove this rediculous border down the North Sea and the citizens of NI will be treated in the same fashion as the rest of the UK.

But it's much more similar to the demolition of the Berlin wall. A foreign power built a border splitting another country  it had occupied years before. Remember there used to be watchtowers and armed soldiers guarding the Irish  border too.

The GFA demilitarized that border, the North Sea border is the first stage in reunification of the two half's of the divided country of  Ireland  

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Von der Leyen has been cleared of the allegations from when she was German defence minister.

German governing parties clear von der Leyen in contract scandal

Using unproven allegations to discredit someone is dangerous ground for a Boris fanboy. Such allegations have been levelled at him from his days as Mayor of London through to allegations of cronyism over the supply of PPE to the NHS last year!

O J Simpson was cleared the first time around, that does not mean to say that he didn't do it now does it, or did you believe he was innocent too.

The report you showed seems very wishy washy and dare I say it could be a cover up so that she can get the top job with as few scratches as possible, as your link even suggests?

Green Party MP Tobias Lindner said that the government parties had done an “ultimately very simple” assessment of the findings. “A former state secretary and a retired general are being named as the sole responsible parties for the consultancy affair, so that an EU Commission president can act in Brussels with as few scratches as possible,” he said.

"“The real question to be asked is whether [von der Leyen] could have known and should have known. That must be answered affirmatively,” he added.

Despite the report absolving von der Leyen of direct blame for the scandal, one SPD member of the committee, Dennis Rohde, stressed that she “carries the political responsibility” for the deficiencies at the defense ministry.

“She opened the doors for the advisors in the ministry. Under her leadership, a disregard for public procurement rules developed,” Rohde wrote on Twitter.

Von der Leyen has faced criticism during the investigation of the parliamentary committee after it turned out that two of her mobile phones, which she used during her time as defense minister and which could have been used as evidence in the inquiry, had been wiped."

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Like there will be consequences when art 16 gets triggered without any reason.

Von der Leyen did not trigger Article 16. It was threatened and a reason given. Not that I agreed with any of that, and obviously as head of the Commission the buck stops with her.

Just as I don't agree with Foster, Paisley and Johnson when they, too, threaten to trigger Article 16. Do you? 

As you're a dyed in the wool Boris fanboy, I suspect that you believe it's bad when the EU do it, but good when Boris does the same!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tebee said:

But it's much more similar to the demolition of the Berlin wall. A foreign power built a border splitting another country  it had occupied years before. Remember there used to be watchtowers and armed soldiers guarding the Irish  border too.

The GFA demilitarized that border, the North Sea border is the first stage in reunification of the two half's of the divided country of  Ireland  

Why are you bringing armed soldiers into it, I never mentioned anything about armed soldiers. Having a border between the N & S of Ireland does not contravene the Good Friday agreement, do we agree on that. I know from your past posts that you have history with the South, but I think it would be fair to say that the South is not a big fan of the UK. The North are our citizens and we cannot let them become pawns, they must be treated exactly the same way as the rest of the United Kingdom.

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Von der Leyen did not trigger Article 16. It was threatened and a reason given. Not that I agreed with any of that, and obviously as head of the Commission the buck stops with her.

Just as I don't agree with Foster, Paisley and Johnson when they, too, threaten to trigger Article 16. Do you? 

As you're a dyed in the wool Boris fanboy, I suspect that you believe it's bad when the EU do it, but good when Boris does the same!

Calling me a "dyed in the wool Boris fanboy" is a personal attack, no more please!

• Haha 1

Brexit : " take control of our borders ....etc ...." , i still hearing it echoing  ....????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1395342/UK-borders-coronavirus-south-africa-latest

'Disgrace!' No border virus checks as South Africa traveller goes unchallenged - EXCLUSIVE
THE lack of border Covid checks were branded a "disgrace" yesterday when a traveller from South Africa entered unchallenged.

By EXCLUSIVE BY SHARON FEINSTEIN AND MICHAEL KNOWLES
PUBLISHED: 09:32, Tue, Feb 9, 2021 | UPDATED: 09:53, Tue, Feb 9, 2021

The passenger got through Heathrow in just 10 minutes, only 20 hours after leaving South Africa, where a mutant variant is running rife. Sharon Feinstein had all her documents ready – including her Covid test result and locator form stating where she would be self-isolating – but not one official asked to see them. Sharon, who lives in Islington, north London, said: “I was in tears. I just couldn’t believe what happened. I could have had Covid, they don’t know where I am staying, they didn’t ask.

more...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

<snip>

O J Simpson was cleared the first time around, that does not mean to say that he didn't do it now does it, or did you believe he was innocent too.

So you must also believe that the allegations against Boris must be true because of O. J. Simpson!

Plus the dubious reports into those allegations, such as the Jennifer Arcuri affair when he was Mayor. Boris Johnson Avoids Criminal Inquiry Into His Dealings as London’s Mayor

A police watchdog did find evidence, however, that Mr. Johnson and an American businesswoman may have had an “intimate relationship” and that the relationship helped her secure money and networking opportunities.

As I said before; using unproven allegations to discredit someone is dangerous ground for a Boris fanboy. Such allegations have been levelled at him from his days as Mayor of London through to allegations of cronyism over the supply of PPE to the NHS last year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

The North are our citizens and we cannot let them become pawns, they must be treated exactly the same way as the rest of the United Kingdom.

Hence May's statement to the effect...... 'No PM of the UK would ever allow a border down the Irish Sea'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Hence May's statement to the effect...... 'No PM of the UK would ever allow a border down the Irish Sea'

Well now that the purpose that it was put there has been abused by UvdL the wet border will have to go.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Calling me a "dyed in the wool Boris fanboy" is a personal attack, no more please!

Odd that you consider it such, considering how much you've been praising and defending him and his actions!

But, ok; I'll accept that you're not actually a fan of his.

Addendum:-

You dodged the question: "Just as I don't agree with Foster, Paisley and Johnson when they, too, threaten to trigger Article 16. Do you?"

Will you answer or follow the usual Brexiteer tactic and ignore it?

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1

Just now, 7by7 said:

Odd that you consider it such, considering how much you've been praising and defending him and his actions!

But, ok; I'll accept that you're not actually a fan of his.

You haven't a clue who I am, so most people in that circumstance would keep their personal attacks to themselves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You haven't a clue who I am, so most people in that circumstance would keep their personal attacks to themselves. 

I am basing my remarks on your posts here; just as you do when you attack members for their views.

BTW, I edited my previous while you were typing; so will ask it again here.

You dodged the question: "Just as I don't agree with Foster, Paisley and Johnson when they, too, threaten to trigger Article 16. Do you?"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

Brexit : " take control of our borders ....etc ...." , i still hearing it echoing  ....????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1395342/UK-borders-coronavirus-south-africa-latest

'Disgrace!' No border virus checks as South Africa traveller goes unchallenged - EXCLUSIVE
THE lack of border Covid checks were branded a "disgrace" yesterday when a traveller from South Africa entered unchallenged.

By EXCLUSIVE BY SHARON FEINSTEIN AND MICHAEL KNOWLES
PUBLISHED: 09:32, Tue, Feb 9, 2021 | UPDATED: 09:53, Tue, Feb 9, 2021

The passenger got through Heathrow in just 10 minutes, only 20 hours after leaving South Africa, where a mutant variant is running rife. Sharon Feinstein had all her documents ready – including her Covid test result and locator form stating where she would be self-isolating – but not one official asked to see them. Sharon, who lives in Islington, north London, said: “I was in tears. I just couldn’t believe what happened. I could have had Covid, they don’t know where I am staying, they didn’t ask.

more...

Plus 300,000 HK Chinese and 150,000 Indian students and 10,000 a day from God alone knows where in world........what is happening to our borders......we urgently someone to control our borders........ NOW!

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I am basing my remarks on your posts here; just as you do when you attack members for their views.

BTW, I edited my previous while you were typing; so will ask it again here.

Seeing it's you, yes.

23 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Both are heads of their respective political master's bureaucracies.

So if your really believe your statement that "UvL's position is hugely more prominent and significant than Simon Case's position" it must logically also mean that you believe the same of their respective political masters; that the EU is hugely more prominent and significant than the UK!

Although I do believe that Brexit has damaged the UK, I certainly cannot agree with that!

The presidency of the European Commission is a higher profile role than the Cabinet Secretary for the UK or any other country. By your logic Evan Ryan ought to be a household name as US Cabinet Secretary. You can't be this pedantic (surely?).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Well now that the purpose that it was put there has been abused by UvdL the wet border will have to go.

The customs border in the Irish Sea was Boris' idea; or at least so he claimed when he announced his WA.

Put there as an alternative to May's backstop in order to appease hard Brexiteers like the ERG.

See Brexit: Five steps that led to an Irish Sea border

If it goes, what would replace it? Something must, otherwise there will be a hard border between NI and the RoI; which will break the GFA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The presidency of the European Commission is a higher profile role than the Cabinet Secretary for the UK or any other country. By your logic Evan Ryan ought to be a household name as US Cabinet Secretary. You can't be this pedantic (surely?).

I accept that you believe the EU has a higher profile than the UK.

After all, Brexit has made that true.

• Like 2