VIDEO: Green space in Bangkok! Huge new forest park to open in Thai capital

webfact

2 hours ago, steevjee said:

Great start, now just dump the subs and the moon shot and rapidly supply the crop provinces with enough crop clearing machinery, that they can be loaned free to farmers, so that they dont have to burn off.

The big cities like Chiang Mai and Bangkok will boom and the flow through tax profits will pay for this machinery very quickly

which tax please?

25 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wow, it's almost 1/8th the size of Central Park in NYC.

I'm guessing to you Farangs from Europe with your sad, little postage stamp sized parks in your cities it must appear....big. ????

Hyde Park (London) is 350 acres (885 rai). It is the largest of 10 Royal parks in the city.

From Wiki:

Birmingham (UK) has 571 parks totalling over 3,500 hectares (14 sq mi) of public open space

Not belittling the Bangkok park, which is splendid.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I too have lived just across the road from Benjakitti park, I used to cycle round the 2.2km track regularly (a little bit hazardous that with people blindly wondering on to the cycle lane !).

I think you missed the sarcasm and cynicism of my post. 

Regarding your question... What happens along the way we cannot control so why mention it? - You are aware this is a forum designed specifically for discussion, right? 

Of course, I don’t believe there will be a dual charge - the ‘dig’ at Thai Dual charging was purely a that, just a dig - hence my comment about having too much coffee this morning !!!  

Priceless comment. You just covered it all. ????

They built a nice park on what was the Meteorological Department land and TTM land has been promised as parkland for 25 years or so. The lake was done some time ago after Queen Sirikit Centre was built and it is pleasing that Bangkok will get another lung at last. A large area of Mackasan SRT land is "city jungle" where it wasn't used for the Airport link, and that could be tamed into a green area too.

Thank Buddha it didn't go the way of another Mall, hotel or condo and since Covid the BMA should stop further development of that kind for the foreseeable future. 

My apartment is near benjakitti Park and I love to walk there around the lake and occasionally rent a boat to paddle around the lake . It's a nice place in a great part of the city. I just really hope all goes as planned sounds like a great idea and plan .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Hyde Park (London) is 350 acres (885 rai). It is the largest of 10 Royal parks in the city.

From Wiki:

Birmingham (UK) has 571 parks totalling over 3,500 hectares (14 sq mi) of public open space

Don't bother replying to the troll who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.  Thinking NY has the biggest and best parks is just laughable.  He's probably never even been anywhere else.   Sad.

Anyway, this is a great development and well done Thailand.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

On second view, what are all those building?

They must be new because the a small street and the highway is next to the area. Currently there are trees were the new buildings are on that plan...

1294485492_ParkinsteadofTabaccoMonopoly-Copy.jpg.f870a98ee9e3ed0dfd3a87a46c376774.jpg

What are you talking about, those are existing buildings on the other side of the road.

You can see them on google maps today.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, fangless said:

So according to you one little park is going to stop Bangkok from getting flooded.

PS;  My comment regarding the trees was meant in jest! get a life!

you read what you want to read, I said nothing of the sort.

As for your "jest" it seems some people just arent funny.

Nice to see you trying though.

• Sad 1

On 2/5/2021 at 9:43 AM, hitext said:

This is great news! I live right next to the park and cycle there every day. 

Over the last year, they have really ramped up the development activity, but it wasn't clear what the outcome would be. To know that the whole thing is going to be a big park is fantastic.

They've already done a great job on the smaller area that is currently open as a cycling route (adjacent to the lake area). Possibly the most overstaffed park on the planet, with gardeners and security guards everywhere, but very green and pleasant. 

If they take the same approach with the rest of the development, this will be a real oasis in the center of BKK - great job!

The new cycling route is awful, flat, too short. No shade, closes early. the original was a thousand times better.

27 minutes ago, n00dle said:

What are you talking about, those are existing buildings on the other side of the road.

You can see them on google maps today.

"The road" is the highway. I don't see any highway in that picture.

This is the satellite view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7283768,100.5529176,1749m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, chickenslegs said:

From Wiki:

If you really want to go there, stanley park in vancouver puts you all to shame. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"The road" is the highway. I don't see any highway in that picture.

This is the satellite view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7283768,100.5529176,1749m/data=!3m1!1e3

Im sorry you are having difficulty understanding what is an artistic rendering, but you just made my point.  The buildings you circled are clearly on the sattelite image

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Im sorry you are having difficulty understanding what is an artistic rendering, but you just made my point.  The buildings you circled are clearly on the sattelite image

Do I have difficulties or did the artist decide to change reality?

A highway is a highway, a road with trees around it is a road with trees around it. Not same - different!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

Wow, it's almost 1/8th the size of Central Park in NYC.

I'm guessing to you Farangs from Europe with your sad, little postage stamp sized parks in your cities it must appear....big. ????

The largest park in London is in fact Richmond Park - 2500 acres - which is three times larger than Central park...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

The largest park in London is in fact Richmond Park - 2500 acres - which is three times larger than Central park...

Ridiculous boastful claim obviously made by an American who has never been to Europe.  Best he just sticks to New York with its quaint little postage stamp Central Park.

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do I have difficulties or did the artist decide to change reality?

A highway is a highway, a road with trees around it is a road with trees around it. Not same - 

You just keep on arguing, ill settle for understanding the obvious.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:28 AM, jaiyenyen said:

Coming from Sukhumvit road. Where is the best entrance?

I looked on Google maps but the entrance wasn't clear.......unless I missed it ????

Sukhumvit Soi 10, but you can also access from Soi 8 through the church at certain times of the day. There is also a gate on Asok Montri road near Sukhumvit intersection. 

• Like 1