Health Min confirms COVID-19 vaccines arriving this month

webfact

Health Min confirms COVID-19 vaccines arriving this month

7221289858f08bde9cb31eeb3e430efb_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Following Cabinet approval of an additional 3 billion baht to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to the public, the Minister of Public Health has given an affirmation that the first batch of vaccines will arrive this month barring issues with delivery.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Chanvirakul, indicated today that high level executives of the Health Ministry have instructed the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to fully facilitate registration of the COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in accordance with standards set by its producers, so that administering it to the public may begin as soon as possible.

He explained that if there are no issues with exporting the vaccine out of China, the first batch should arrive in Thailand in February. The Government Pharmaceutical Organization has prepared pertinent documentation requested by producers to secure export authorization from China.

Permanent Secretary for Public Health Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit, also mentioned that 50,000 doses of vaccine from AstraZeneca requested by the National Vaccine Institute have met with issues in the EU, but indicated that hope remains that delivery will take place as scheduled.

He added that despite concerns over the unregistered Sinovac vaccine, inoculations could still be approved by the FDA for emergency use.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2021-02-04

sinovac is not registered in china, because they have many other vax already registered.

each country importing should registered by themselves. It's good that thai authorities started to understand this.

already indonesia, turkey, brasil and other countries are using it

Edited by internationalism

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

He explained that if there are no issues with exporting the vaccine out of China, the first batch should arrive in Thailand in February

And on another OP, they are in serious negotiations with the EU for the Astrazenica vaccines 50k doses.  Hmm, I think Thailand might be in a world of hurt here.  Blind leading the Blind it seems.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And on another OP, they are in serious negotiations with the EU for the Astrazenica vaccines 50k doses.  Hmm, I think Thailand might be in a world of hurt here.  Blind leading the Blind it seems.  

They are brining in the two least effective vaccines.

• Thanks 1

Regarding the Chinese vaccine, I hope they will be testing to confirm authenticity of the vaccine given that it is already the least effective and the arrest of people manufacturing fake vaccines in China .............!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

sinovac is not registered in china, because they have many other vax already registered.

Which "many" would that be?

They have Sinopharm (and Cansino as emergency use). Not "many".

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

indonesia, turkey, brasil

Wow!! These are really model countries, well known for taking good care of all their citizens...

Sinovac sells in kleptocracies, the company is known for this business model. 

Very trustworthy, indeed.

• Like 1

keep the rednecks out of covid. Please do not reply to my posts, I have put on ignore list a long time ago, for your highly politicised posts and groundless biting.

they have already 4 in use, another 3 in advanced stage.

Sinovac is "emergency use", which bothers thai autorities, but they are forced now to buy any available, because of Astrazeneca blunder. They do have chance to buy another 3 available in china, but the thai CP conglomerate has connection with Sinovac. 

approved already in china:

"The Chinese company CanSino Biologics developed Convidecia in partnership with the Institute of Biology at the country’s Academy of Military Medical Sciences"

"The Beijing Institute of Biological Products created an inactivated coronavirus vaccine that was put into clinical trials by the state-owned Chinese company Sinopharm." APPROVED FOR USE IN: Bahrain, China, United Arab Emirates. EMERGENCY USE IN: Egypt, Hungary, Jordan, Pakistan.

"Sinovac Biotech, a private Chinese company, developed an inactivated vaccine called CoronaVac in early 2020" EMERGENCY USE IN: Azerbaijan, Brazil, China, Chile, Indonesia, Turkey.

"Along with their Beijing Institute vaccine, Sinopharm also tested an inactivated virus vaccine developed by the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products" LIMITED USE IN: China, United Arab Emirates

phase 3:

"The Chinese company Anhui Zhifei Longcom and the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences partnered to make a vaccine. ... Phase 3 trial with 29,000 volunteers in December"

"Clover Biopharmaceuticals developed a vaccine containing the spike protein from coronaviruses. To further stimulate the immune system, the company is testing so-called adjuvants made by ... the American company Dynavax"

"Researchers at the Institute of Medical Biology at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, which has invented vaccines for polio and hepatitis A, created an inactivated coronavirus vaccine" In December the researchers launched a Phase 3 trial on up to 34,020 volunteers in Brazil and Malaysia"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

So China has Sinopharm (admittedly,  Sinopharm developed 2 vaccines) and Cansino, just as I said. Not exactly "many".

Sinovac filed an application for approval in China 2 days ago. They are already approved in quite a few other countries ( according to internationalismAzerbaijan, Brazil, Turkey,  Chile, Indonesia).

Personally,  I do not trust these governments, for obvious reasons.

they are good enough and affordable.

the best ones are usually the most expensive.

also the best ones are difficult to come across, some 10 countries bought 90% of all available doses.

thailand made a mistake of not joining covax and both made deals smell of corruption.

there is no rush for thailand to vax population, as the second wave is not as deadly, as the first one, but front line medics etc should have, at least, the first dose, asap. That is not happening and it's a shame.

the rest of population can wait for the tweaked versions.

now astrazeneca is estimated 86%, after adjustment of the second dose to 12 weeks.

can also be suspected, that the old technology vax would have less side effects than the new technology ones, which were never used before and long term side effects are not known.

covax.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

they are good enough and affordable.

the best ones are usually the most expensive.

You can take the "good enough and affordable" like a true Thai Visa poster.

I'll wait for the "best and most expensive". I can afford it.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Does anyone in this government really have a grasp on vaccines? Do they really know what they're doing?

The entire procurement and delivery procedures are all starting to go sideways IMO.

I don't think anyone in this government has a grasp on anything that's not military related. 

On 2/4/2021 at 8:04 PM, ThailandRyan said:

And in another report, today, vaccines starting to arrive in June.  

I hope there's serious work going on to plan vaccine certificates and they will contain all the necessary information and it very quickly verified on-line.

My guess is that the time will come (later, but not too much later) when proving that you have had the vaccine will be critical to getting/maintaining jobs, possibly entrance to some institutions, flying and other travel, etc.  

the best and most expensive won't be coming to thailand. There is a big gap between pfizer 95% and sinovac 52%, but nothing stops taking more than one kind of vax, when it will become available in the future.

anyway, virus mutates and newer versions of vax will be coming all the time, following those mutations.

the most important is time factor and safety (no side effects) for front line medics and risk groups, efficiency is secondary.

the first deal by a private hospital for astrazeneca was stopped by the government. Their mistake was to start taking names on list as well as 500% mark up. Anyway, they wanted only 10k doses, so for 5k patients (and that will include their own medical personell).

the second was declaration by 4 bangkok hospitals to buy 50-60k each of pfitzer. They would have to submit research papers to thai authorities, so far they failed. If there is no vax available to buy in the USA, it's no point registering it in thailand. Probably registration is costly.

now it's done to sinovac 1mln by a private hospital in bangkok.

the governmental import or production won't be available to foreigners, that before locals have it

Edited by internationalism