Are there currently any Domestic travel restrictions in Thailand?

wasabi

If I wanted to fly from BKK to HKT (Bangkok to Phuket) are there currently any Covid related restrictions, special reporting or quarantine requirements? Also where do I find the most up-to-date information online related to this?

If it's relevant I currently reside in the Phra Khanong district.

Edited by wasabi

On 2/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, wasabi said:

If I wanted to fly from BKK to HKT (Bangkok to Phuket) are there currently any Covid related restrictions, special reporting or quarantine requirements? Also where do I find the most up-to-date information online related to this?

If it's relevant I currently reside in the Phra Khanong district.

You need the MorChana app up and running in your mobile, airport staff at Phuket are checking for that. I read online late January you need to register at www.gophuget.com, a form is to be printed out, I did this but they did not ask for it at airport, just the app.  

I am looking into traveling to Phuket, as well, but the form on gophuget.com wants you to put in a contact name and phone number.

Is this the person I am renting from?  Is this form even necessary?  No answers on TAT site.

19 hours ago, LALes said:

I am looking into traveling to Phuket, as well, but the form on gophuget.com wants you to put in a contact name and phone number.

Is this the person I am renting from?  Is this form even necessary?  No answers on TAT site.

The form wants you to fill in your address where you stay outside of Phuket and where you stay inside Phuket, and your mobile number. Airport staff in Phuket did not ask me to see the form, just checking all for the MorChana app. 

Ive travelled back and forth twice from BKK to Phuket over the last 10 days and there was literally zero checks other than Morchana App (didn't even check) and the gohpuket.com form. Really the only thing they checked was the gophuket form. Just save a copy of the form and the QR code on your phone and they scan it. 

Thats it. No quarantine or nothing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Airport staff in Phuket did not ask me to see the form, just checking all for the MorChana app. 

7 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

. . . zero checks other than Morchana App (didn't even check) and the gohpuket.com form. Really the only thing they checked was the gophuket form. Just save a copy of the form and the QR code on your phone and they scan it.

Two entirely contradictory and believable reports so what chance do you take apart from load up with everything and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Are there currently any surface travel restrictions for highway travel between Pattaya and Bangkok in either direction? I'm planning a trip tomorrow (Feb. 10) and am not aware of any official approvals needed, such as were the case a week or two ago. 

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Two entirely contradictory and believable reports so what chance do you take apart from load up with everything and hope for the best.

You really should have morchana app if youre going through the airport anyway, not just phuket. They did more checks for the app in don muang than in phuket airport and I never used it and ever saw anyone using it in phuket, for anything. 

But yeah best to get the app and the gophuket form with QR Code on your phone before you go. Takes 10 seconds. 

I went through buriram airport 4 days ago and they are still making everyone coming from bangkok (don muang) who states that they are staying in buriram province take a rapid covid nasal swab test right there as you step off the plane. Results in about 20 minutes. 

13 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

The form wants you to fill in your address where you stay outside of Phuket and where you stay inside Phuket, and your mobile number. Airport staff in Phuket did not ask me to see the form, just checking all for the MorChana app. 

And what to do if no hab sa-martphone????

14 hours ago, treetops said:

For my trip down here Feb. 1, I registered online printed and brought the form with your details and the bar code on it.  On arrival staff did not want to see the paper but did check for MorChana app in your mobile. The Morchana app draws a huge amount of battery power from your mobile, quite annoying, ( mine anyway ). I've got the bluetooth function switched off as well.. 

Edited by CANSIAM

On 2/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, sghanchey said:

Are there currently any surface travel restrictions for highway travel between Pattaya and Bangkok in either direction? I'm planning a trip tomorrow (Feb. 10) and am not aware of any official approvals needed, such as were the case a week or two ago. 

Are you there yet? late post for you but no.

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know what type of travel restrictions are in place right now (in June) for travel from Chonburi province to Chiang Mai province?

I assume there is no air travel but is travel by car possible, and if so, would I face quarantine to enter Chiang Mai?

Surprisingly I can't find anything about this in  Google search.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Does anybody know what type of travel restrictions are in place right now (in June) for travel from Chonburi province to Chiang Mai province?

I assume there is no air travel but is travel by car possible, and if so, would I face quarantine to enter Chiang Mai?

Surprisingly I can't find anything about this in  Google search.

Drove down through Chonburi last week and stayed in Jomtien. Drove back to Nonthaburi and neither way were we stopped. Now they are planning to open up parts of the country ( Yellow zones ) but very few restrictions on travel.  I do believe Korat had some restrictions on travel from Red Zones, and don't know if this applies to Chiang Mai, but we have family up there and no one's mentioned any road blocks or such measures.

3 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Drove down through Chonburi last week and stayed in Jomtien. Drove back to Nonthaburi and neither way were we stopped. Now they are planning to open up parts of the country ( Yellow zones ) but very few restrictions on travel.  I do believe Korat had some restrictions on travel from Red Zones, and don't know if this applies to Chiang Mai, but we have family up there and no one's mentioned any road blocks or such measures.

It seems that most of the northern provinces (actually I think all of them) are yellow zoned, but I just don't know if I would have issues crossing the provincial border of any of them since I'd be coming from non-yellow provinces.

It's kind of weird I can find nothing on the web or on threads on this forum about this.  If anybody knows a thread I can check, please let me know.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

It seems that most of the northern provinces (actually I think all of them) are yellow zoned, but I just don't know if I would have issues crossing the provincial border of any of them since I'd be coming from non-yellow provinces.

It's kind of weird I can find nothing on the web or on threads on this forum about this.  If anybody knows a thread I can check, please let me know.

Just read on Garda World that Chiang Mai require all arrivals from Bangkok (and other 'High Risk' areas ?) to quarantine for up to 14 days . Can't find anything on road arrivals.

The amount of mis-information with this saga is turning into the biggest game of Chinese whispers in history.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 18.24.10.png

• Thanks 1