She does not pay me back?

RyanWalker

Doesnt matter where you are or with whom you are. Not all people are like that, but lots of them are and will not pay you back.

Even your own wife or family can just do so.

It is a world wide , you will find out when it happens and you did now.

Ill never go there again, I learned as you did hard way. 

You cant do anything about it, specially when it is not written. You can only now try to push the person, but ...?

Did you actually expect payback? 

Thai dictionary - Loan

Verb

Give away a sum of money or item of property

Seriously though, I think when many Thai's ask for a loan, they are actually asking you to give them money (politely).

• Sad 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:43 AM, RyanWalker said:

Good day

I'm a teacher at an International school in Bkk. I have an issue and maybe someone here has advice. I lent a friend at school quite a lot of money. It's been over a year and she has paid back nothing. I tried everything.. I even suggested to pay me back $100 a month, yet she only has excuses. Nothing I could do here to get back my money legally? 

Thanks in advance

in Thailand they have special document that you can buy in good shops when you lent money to people.  this makes is possible to get your money back when people not wat tot pay. and like in the rest of the world  if they not pay back you can go to the police or court.

in general in Thailand when you are foreigner you are not allowed to lent to Thai people money (if that law still is in place). so the best is consider it as a gift and have learned your lessons.

Edited by Autonuaq
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Did you actually expect payback? 

Thai dictionary - Loan

Verb

Give away a sum of money or item of property

Seriously though, I think when many Thai's ask for a loan, they are actually asking you to give them money (politely).

polite theft then? 

22 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah so I lent the money to a farang girl. She is a colleague. I tried to help her but like you guys said, juat got to let it go I guess. Also it's $3500. Lesson learned I guess. Thanks fpr the advice really appreciate it. 

Section 653. A loan of money for a sum exceeding two thousand baht in capital is not enforceable by action unless there be some written evidence of the loan signed by the borrower..

• Thanks 1