Aggressive uncontrolled dogs ( What are my rights? )

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

good luck with that.... 3 weeks ago riding my bike, 6 dogs lay in front of a house, 2 of them decided to run after me, I try to kick them but 1 managed to bite my food making me fall down...as I stand up and yelling at them,  they run away towards the house, the owners of the house (husband and wife) came out and I show them the bite and told them that I would go to the police complain and will ask for payment of hospital bill, do you want to know their answer?  they laugh at me and the wife in a broken  but understandable English said " why you come to our road, your fault..."

@Surelynotwhat's sad about my post, that I got bitten by the dog, that I fall off the bike or that the lady told me to get lost or maybe  that I rode the bike on the street, which one is it as I am a little confused here

Our neighbour on the outskirts of the village has a small plot of land next to our garden wall, and rice paddies all around. He has 5 dogs and if he allows then to run around they go killing chickens, so the chicken owner follows the dogs back to where they live and demands money from the dog owner for his dead chicken. The result of that is the dogs are tied up to trees all day and night, so therefore they make an unholy noise barking many times during the day.

What can I do - nothing. 

If I shoot them with a gun and leave evidence of my bullets, or poison them with bits of infected meat I will be in big trouble.

Our headman hasn't big enough balls to stand up to this oafish lout, so we all have to suffer.

A dog the other day come suddenly out of a shop growling. It had a muzzle but sincerely tried to bite a male Thai passerby on the back of the calf/long pants. He was completely taken by stealth and if the dog, who kept coming had a loose muzzle it would have been bad. Thai just did the pretend to pick up a rock thing and kept walking. It appeared to be old and deranged, should not be  in public even with a muzzle. Nobody cares.

8 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

have to agree...I moved....pick ur battles wisely in LOS

You are one of the very wise one's here.  I would say that IS the only real, easiest best outcome solution.  Anything else will bring more hell than hell itself. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mike787 said:

You are one of the very wise one's here.  I would say that IS the only real, easiest best outcome solution.  Anything else will bring more hell than hell itself. 

I learned the hard way....as it was my sensible last option.....the lesson is repeated until its learned.....but some have to get burned a few times, like me..

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

...A dog the other day come suddenly out of a shop growling. It had a muzzle but sincerely tried to bite a male Thai passerby on the back of the calf/long pants. He was completely taken by stealth...

That's very true about the "stealthy-ness" of nasty street dogs.  IMO, if you're dealing with aggressive dogs, NEVER turn your back on them.  I've had dogs follow me from a distance, and as soon as you take your eyes off them, they quickly move up on you in a deliberately stealthy way.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 4:29 PM, FritsSikkink said:

If your wife has been bitten, you go to the owner and demand payment for cost and stress. 

NO. SHE goes to the owner.

I used to carry a length of blue plastic water pipe on my bike and the dogs always ran away when they saw it. Not one came close enough for me to actually hit one. Carrying stones works too, Normally don't even have to throw it- just look like one is going to and they run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

NO. SHE goes to the owner.

I used to carry a length of blue plastic water pipe on my bike and the dogs always ran away when they saw it. Not one came close enough for me to actually hit one. Carrying stones works too, Normally don't even have to throw it- just look like one is going to and they run.

Some of my dogs never got the hang of stones. The late huge doofus of a GSD would just look puzzled. His Mom would be going to the jugular if you drew your hand back.The current resident, either goes searching for the stone or deploys one of her accusing looks.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:45 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

Our village sent out flyers to everyone, and held a meeting of members, where someone from the local government came and said if there was a problem that the village couldn't handle they would come and deal with it.  The village posted these signs, and larger ones which listed fines, around the village. There has been a noticeable improvement.

20210208_164550.jpg

I still crack up whenever I see a Cat on a leash..........I once knew a bargirl that was a Freak on a Leash!  ????

On 2/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, cnxgary said:

So am I permitted to use a sling shot? Any laws against that? What if I injure a dog?

Actually, most Thai dogs seem to know instinctively about slingshots... I have mimicked one with my hands and had them stop dead in their tracks...