UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where in the  ‘news about the vaccine roll out’ is there evidence to back up Brexiteer false claims that as a member of the EU the UK would have been compelled to join the EU Vaccine procurement pact OR that Brexit player any part in the UK’s vaccine policies?

These are Brexiteer ‘inventions’ of the alternative reality they wish us all to swallow.

Brexit had no part in the UK’s vaccine procurement policy or vaccine roll out.

So why are the eu lagging so far behind the uk?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The EU could have ‘wanted’ whatever the EU wished, there is nothing in EU membership that could have compelled the UK to share it’s vaccines.

Not since we left,didn,t stop them trying to invoke article 16 in bully boy tactics using the border situation in ireland,and you wonder why people voted to leave?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with Brexit.

are making the claim that the UK would have been obliged to join the EU vaccine procurement pact and that the UK’s success in vaccine procurement/roll out is a product of Brexit.

And yet Brexiteers can produce no evidence to back these claims.

Why din’t you have a go.

Why don,t i din't ? Why don,t you google it up like i did,sorry to hear about your servant rolling a double  six.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Then you should have left ‘body count’ out of it, or at least checked the facts first.

I,m not disputing uks body count is highest,what i was saying if the eu were on the ball like britain were with its vaccine program a lot of their citizens wouldn,t have died in the meantime

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Then you should have left ‘body count’ out of it, or at least checked the facts first.

I don't disagree the uks death toll is higher,what i was stating  that had the eu adapted their vaccine programme as fast as the uks less of their citizens would have died.the main reason britains body count is so high is the new variant thats more highly cotagious variant that originated in kent.and where were all the illegal boat people immigrants pitching up?...kent.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bannork said:

A bunch of namby pamby snowflakes if you ask me, cut their benefits and let them eat fish caught in British waters.

I agree whole heartedly with this sentiment, although you'd never get them on a fishing boat....

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bannork said:

Which is the bigger market?

Who cares. It's business, and confidence, in the UK's financial services sector.

Who's financial services sector is biggest - UK or EU? Kindly avail me of that information as I'm too lazy, not so interested, and certainly not so pedantic to go searching for every minute bit of information, to try to justify my opinions.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tofer said:
On 2/25/2021 at 6:14 AM, bannork said:

You're forgetting all about Covid, yet again.

Extract from your quoted article;

But since Covid and the end of free movement following Brexit, the business only has around 400 flower pickers.  

Edited 23 hours ago by Tofer

I was only repeating your own quotation back to you, that sighted Covid.

However, as I said earlier, I couldn't agree more about the idle benefit claimants. Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to those individuals when I commented about the remainers lack of backbone and British spirit, I think it's obvious to a blind man on a flying horse that you'll find none of that attribute amongst that segment of society.

But correct me if I'm wrong, are all remainers sat on their backsides chewing the cud at mine and the other tax payers expense?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, candide said:

Exactly, Covid! 

Obviously, you did not read the whole article. The higher unemployment rates caused by Covid should have made it easier to find local manpower, but the work is too hard for them!

Quotes:

"Hopes that Cornish workers could step into the shoes of those who are now unable to travel from the European Union have been dashed. "It's idealistic to think that because of Covid and the higher than usual unemployment rates that those people would come in and do that work."

'Frankly, the people that we've had to come and do this work, the locals, may last a day or two days, but they certainly don't last two or three months.'

You're quite right! I picked up on one quotation, utterly indefensible... ????

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Then why the constant Brexiteer whinge because we've lost the advantages of membership?

More Brexiteer whingeing.

The EU are treating us the same as any other non member, subject to the terms and conditions of the trade agreement we have with them.

If you don't like those terms and conditions, complain to the man who negotiated it, David George Hamilton Frost, Baron Frost, CMG, and the man who signed it, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

The long list of ones the Brexiteers whinge about losing.

Including, but by no means restricted to, those you've listed.

More deflection... ????

• Haha 1