UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But if you're honest with yourself you know that if the UK had never voted for Brexit and had still been a full EU member, we'd have been obliged to join the EU vaccine program whether it was in law or not. ”

OK you made the claim, now back it up with evidence of why your claim is true, or accept you don’t have such evidence and made the claim up.

I didn't expect you to apply common sense, so you're reply is not a surprise ????‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why do you keep repeating the same nonsense?

Government spending on preparation at £6.3billion - I accept that. 

Then there's that £130billion of guesswork from the EU cheerleaders at Bloomberg again!!!

I'm not going to keep going around in circles here. 

I provided that link in response to your saying "You have not published any data to support billions lost as a direct result of leaving the EU" because such data has been provided several times!

As explained to you before; that you refuse to accept the figures because they show how disastrous Brexit has been does not make them nonsense.

Good of you to accept the government's figures! Although that was January 2020; it's gone up considerably since then! "By the end of 2020/21 the government is expecting to have spent up to £8.1bn[1] on preparing for Brexit and the end of the transition period." (Brexit spending: government preparations). An increase in the government's estimate of nearly £2billion pounds in less than 12 months! How much will the actual cost to the taxpayer eventually total, I wonder. 

You also previously asked how Bloomberg reached their figures. That's explained in the link; as you'd know had you bothered to read all of it. 

The data posted here from Bloomberg and the other sources is echoed by data published elsewhere. If, as you say, this data is incorrect because the sources are "EU cheerleaders," why are there no figures from Brexit cheerleaders showing the opposite?

If you want to stop going around in circles then either produce such data to show how Brexit has been of benefit to our economy or at least cease from making false claims like "You have not published any data to support billions lost as a direct result of leaving the EU."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tofer said:

But they are committed to the Euro and the EU recovery fund that they will be paying into  for some time to come, despite it being against EU rules of 'shared debt'.

As already shown to you, to say the recovery fund is against the EU rules is incorrect.

13 hours ago, Tofer said:

We've been over this at length, do we really have to repeat it all?

Since you either missed it, or more likely have chosen to ignore it, I'll repeat what I said the last time you raised this nonsense.

Can you point me to the part of the EU rules which support your statement that the Covid recovery fund is "in contradiction of the EU rules" please. I can't find it.

Poland and Hungary both challenged a clause in the entire budget, not just the Covid recovery fund, which tied funding with adherence to the rule of law. A compromise was reached, which both countries agreed to. However, they, or any other member, could still challenge it in the European Court. 

The latest I can find on this comes from the 11th December.

EU breaks deadlock over €1.8tn budget and Covid-recovery fund

EU leaders unblock budget in deal with Hungary and Poland

As I said then

I can find nothing to say that anyone has yet challenged this deal in court.

Can you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But if you're honest with yourself you know that if the UK had never voted for Brexit and had still been a full EU member, we'd have been obliged to join the EU vaccine program whether it was in law or not. ”

OK you made the claim, now back it up with evidence of why your claim is true, or accept you don’t have such evidence and made the claim up.

So the success of the uks vaccination programme compared to the eu isn,t evidence?

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well I think its the duty of all you Brexiteers to get into those fields and help those farmers. Its the patriotic thing to do.

After all you guys voted to stop Romanian workers coming here to do the work. 

Its not the duty of brexiteers,however it could be the duty of the growing numbers of unemployed should they wish to remain on benefits.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How do you know the UK would have joined the EU's program? 

The UK has a long history within the EU of doing its own thing. Something the EU seemed quite happy to allow the UK to do.

You're talking about the UK not joining Schengen or the Euro I assume. That's completely different to not joining a bloc vaccination program during a pandemic. There is no way we'd have gone against the EU and the other 27 member states if we'd still been in the club.

If you want to believe otherwise that's up to you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

But we chose to leave and end our membership.

We are, I hope, still friends and allies of the EU; but we are no longer members.

Do you know of any club which will allow a member free use of it's facilities after they resign and stop paying their subscription?

Perhaps I can use your argument to cancel my SKY, broadband and mobile subscriptions but still receive the same service! What are my chances of them agreeing, do you think?

Absolute zero, I reckon!

Comparing leaving a fiscal and political union of 28 countries after 40 years of contribution, to cancelling a Sky subscription. Yeah that works....????‍♂️

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You can repeat this as many times as you like. But if you're honest with yourself you know that if the UK had never voted for Brexit and had still been a full EU member, we'd have been obliged to join the EU vaccine program whether it was in law or not. 

As it happened we were very much viewed as a 3rd country to the EU, so we had no obligations morally or legally. That's why the UK went alone and has so far had huge success with the vaccine roll out. 

Wrong; see my previous as well as countless others.

Brexiteers regularly repeating Hancock and Rees-Moggs lie wont make it true!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So the success of the uks vaccination programme compared to the eu isn,t evidence?

It's evidence that we've handled it better; no one is denying that. Though other aspects of this government's handling of the pandemic vary from woeful to corrupt!

But it is not evidence that we could not have done exactly the same if Brexit had never happened. 

As MHRA Chief Executive Dr June Raine says, as the relevant EU directive says; we could have done.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

But you don't mind importing foreigners to do it?

Note; foreign workers in the UK have the same rights as British workers; including the minimum wage.

Not if the employer takes them on(literally and figuratively )) on a " self employed " basis.

23 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It's evidence that we've handled it better; no one is denying that. Though other aspects of this government's handling of the pandemic vary from woeful to corrupt!

But it is not evidence that we could not have done exactly the same if Brexit had never happened. 

As MHRA Chief Executive Dr June Raine says, as the relevant EU directive says; we could have done.

So the eu countries could have done the same as the uk?pity they didn,t as the body count rises.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 7by7 said:
3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You can repeat this as many times as you like. But if you're honest with yourself you know that if the UK had never voted for Brexit and had still been a full EU member, we'd have been obliged to join the EU vaccine program whether it was in law or not. 

As it happened we were very much viewed as a 3rd country to the EU, so we had no obligations morally or legally. That's why the UK went alone and has so far had huge success with the vaccine roll out. 

Wrong; see my previous as well as countless others.

Brexiteers regularly repeating Hancock and Rees-Moggs lie wont make it true!

What in my post was wrong? 

And which lie from Hancock and Rees-Mog did I repeat? 

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yes, as soon as it was published in the press; several days after it was signed! Usually ministers, especially ministers directly concerned, are informed before the press!

Do you seriously believe that the fisheries minister was kept in the dark about the contents of the agreement until they were released to the press? 

Maybe she was; considering how the agreement breaks all the promises made by Boris to the UK fishing industry!

Who said anything about the press  As she has stated in your link  she read the agreement as soon as it was published

meaning when it was published by the UK Government.

Maybe you are not aware that the  Government has its own publishing service

legislation.gov.uk Publishing

https://publishing.legislation.gov.uk/aboutus#:~:text=The National Archives is the,of Culture%2C Media and Sport.