UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Tofer said:

No, it was referenced as "the EU Institution"

Right so you only count the foreign aid from EU countries as what comes from the EU institutions? Each individual countries contributions are ignored?  

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Or you could see it as the price you have to pay for not being a member of the EU. Which is more accurate. If it was just the UK subject to these requirements you might have a point but given they apply to ALL non EU countries you dont.

This was all explained and foreseen prior to the referendum but you guys voted for this.  

How much red tape did they put in front of our COVID vaccine? I bet it was nothing like 71 pages per delivery.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, RayC said:

Rejoice at the fact that we have a chancer and habitual liar as PM? Since when have these been positive attributes?

Oh come off it, if Boris had kept us in the EU you would be saying about him 'what's a little white lie between friends.

To put things in perspective, most of the Boris Bashers on here are praising N Sturgeon who could give Tom Pepper a run for his money, hypocracy at its finest.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

From Seinfeld?

I believe he was kicked out of hell for lying. I'm sure you knew that anyway but for those that don't.

The name of a character proverbially said to have been so great a liar that he was expelled from Hell; (hence) an outrageous liar; frequently in "a bigger liar than Tom Pepper" and variants.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RayC said:

As a matter of fact, Johnson did break his word about the date on which we would leave the EU. In June 2019, he said there would be no extension past 31 October 2019.

I guess that he can't help it. The habitual lying must be in his DNA.

It's interesting that you don't dispute my description of Johnson as a liar, but offer as a defence, an accusation that some other posters are being hypocritical.

"It's interesting that you don't dispute my description of Johnson as a liar, "

Would it change your mind if I did, would you say I always over exaggerate Boris Johnsons fibs because he democratically took us out of the EU and I don't like it, I don't agree with it even though most of our country do. I will get back at the voters who voted to leave by calling the man childish names like liar. You should thank your bottom dollar that Labour are not ruining the country at the moment and thank the lord we have someone like Boris to lead us out of trials and tribulations we are suffering at this very time. 

Its about time some posters on here appreciated the difficulties the great man must be undergoing at the moment, instead of all this abuse you give him, why not say a little prayer for him tonight before you retire to the comfort of your own bed and be thankful you do not have his worries.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:51 AM, Tofer said:

Blah, blah, blah, same old churlish nonsense, to deflect from the UK's real achievements, that has already been debated ad nauseam.

Not churlish nonsense; the truth.

That you keep praising Truss and her so called deals wont alter that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Which ever way you care to look at it Johnson is a lot more popular than Starmer, the Trosky Labour Party are a spent force and rejoice at the fact we have a man worthy of the position he holds. So as much as the left doesn't believe in democracy, these are the facts I'm afraid.

And this is from the lefties bible:

"The prime minister’s net approval rating of 7 is his best since last May and, at two points higher than Starmer’s net rating of 5, it is also the first time his ratings have been above the Labour leader’s since then. Johnson has also established a clear lead when voters are asked who would make the best prime minister, with 37% opting for him and 25% choosing Starmer."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/14/boris-johnson-is-voters-clear-choice-for-pm-in-new-poll

So after 10 months of his being behind, you claim this as a magnificent victory for Johnson!

I seem to recall that whenever polls showing Starmer ahead were referenced during the last 10 months that you dismissed them as unrepresentative. Though I may be misremembering and it could have been a different poster.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OswaldBastable said:

How much red tape did they put in front of our COVID vaccine? I bet it was nothing like 71 pages per delivery.

As it's manufactured in the EU, not much!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip> And if you think that blaming Boris for all these covid deaths is 'your get out of jail card', I would seriously have a rethink.

I'll ignore the fact that so many Brexiteers are using the pandemic to excuse the economic problems caused by Brexit! Other than to say that yes, the pandemic has hit us hard, as it has everywhere. But Brexit has made the situation  worse.

Instead; let's have a look at Johnson's handling of the pandemic.

You've developed a fondness for opinion polls; so here's one: Two-Thirds of MPs Think Boris Johnson Has Handled The Covid-19 Crisis Badly, New Research Suggests

Two-thirds of MPs surveyed claim they aren’t happy with how Boris Johnson has handled the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new poll.

The fresh data also revealed that just 9% of respondents were satisfied with the UK government’s response to the crisis, with 62% stating they were dissatisfied.

OK, that was December; but I wonder by how much, if any, the numbers have changed.

Here's a more recent one from January: How is government handling the COVID-19 pandemic?

Overall, six in ten (60%) people say the government is handling the pandemic badly as a whole; including 31% who say the issue of COVID-19 has been “very badly” handled. Just over a third of Britons (37%) they have handled it well, although only 5% say they have handled it “very well”.

From the start, Johnson has dithered and that dithering has cost lives. 15 'mistakes' made in handling coronavirus pandemic as UK death toll reaches 100,000.

Add to that list things such as the long delay in introducing self isolation for those arriving in the UK from abroad and the even longer delay in introducing quarantine for those arriving from high risk countries.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Serious question.....is this red tape unique to the UK?......or is it the same red tape every "third country", not in the customs union and single market, has to complete?

It depends on what, if any, trade agreement that country has with the EU; but for most countries outside the EEA; maybe not exactly the same, but very similar.

From the EU Commission: Import and export rules.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vogie said:

Would it change your mind if I did, would you say I always over exaggerate Boris Johnsons fibs because he democratically took us out of the EU and I don't like it, I don't agree with it even though most of our country do. I will get back at the voters who voted to leave by calling the man childish names like liar. You should thank your bottom dollar that Labour are not ruining the country at the moment and thank the lord we have someone like Boris to lead us out of trials and tribulations we are suffering at this very time. 

Its about time some posters on here appreciated the difficulties the great man must be undergoing at the moment, instead of all this abuse you give him, why not say a little prayer for him tonight before you retire to the comfort of your own bed and be thankful you do not have his worries.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

'Fibber' sounds so much gentler and nicer than 'liar', doesn't it? Well, at least we agree that he has uttered falsehoods.

For that very reason, you are also correct that nothing you can say will change my mind about him, so my apologies for posing a rhetorical question.

Unfortunately, that is where our accord ends. Imo Labour - or probably any other party - could not make a bigger pig's ear of preparing the UK's future than the current administration, especially when it comes to trying to forge a future relationship with the EU than the current administration.

As I said in another post, the success of the UK vaccination programme to date seems to have lead to a collective amnesia among many of the electorate, and the complete mismanagement of the pandemic last year appears to have been forgotten. Others are clearly more forgiving than me.

As you might have guessed l'm no Tory, but personally the only two cabinet members who spring to mind as being potentially more ill-suited to the position of PM than Johnson are Patel and Williamson, although I''m open to persuasion about the others.

However, I will say something positive about Johnson: I thoroughly enjoyed his appearances on HIGNFY, and I look forward to him reappearing on the show asap. I may even offer up a little prayer in this regard.