UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

14 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

logistics - so basically higher paying jobs lost and maybe some lower paid ones back if they use the site for logistics... also potentially if this is required because of brexit this is not an economic benefit to consumers - just added cost for the same stuff.

Who's to say they will be lower paid jobs.

You also conveniently ignore the new investment of £700m for the site development,  bringing additional work to the construction industry, associated suppliers and service businesses.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, Hi from France said:

Now this is not the topic, but we're talking about the past. UK Foreign aid has just been extremely reduced (. 7% to. 5%).

So we are talking about the former UK, not the present national - populist one that emerged lately. 

So in real terms I think UK foreign aid is collapsing. 

Thanks to Boris and Rishi again. Along with Brexit and national - populist policies the UK gets even better. About time we cut the whole foreign aid budget and David Cameron's enshrined-in-law-give-aways.

If the EU had it's own cash rather than other countries contributions, they could support the whole world, as they do with EU peasant economies.

On 3/24/2021 at 3:23 AM, Surelynot said:

Raab/Gove/Johnson....

...sorry I don't accept that

...sorry I don't recognize that

...I don't believe that

...I think you will find that

...and anyway it is early days.....just wait for ten years and see how things are going.

Sure, come back in ten years why dontcha? We'll be even happier. Think you Remainers could all stop moaning until then?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, puchooay said:

I love reading posts like this. At the end of the day it's all hot air.

Barstool stuff?

Yes, they’re full of it and usually resort to quoting somebody else’s hot air, maybe to add an ‘air’ of confidence to their exhausts. 

Nothing wrong with barstools at all. They are often found under founts of wisdom. Not that many of our Remainer pontificates admit to sitting on any. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Another returning at Malaga airport today was Shaun Cromber who despite voting for Britain to leave the EU, didn’t believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he said: ” Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK".

????????????????????

So sad.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Another returning at Malaga airport today was Shaun Cromber who despite voting for Britain to leave the EU, didn’t believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he said: ” Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK".

????????????????????

It's clear the part he did not believe  "...my application has been rejected..."   is  due to the Spanish authorities action in some way. Some deportees having to return to UK would not stop anybody from voting to Leave. It's all about what happens to UK, not people in other countries even if they are British.

How many is the UK deporting? I think we are still accepting applications until June, to add to the 4 million+ Europeans who would prefer to be in the UK rather than their EU homelands.  Why do they want to come and stay in a UK the Remainers hate so much? Something not right with the Remainers arguments isn't there?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

they will claim that's to early to judge/to see, have to wait 10 years   555

We've judged already and it's great for the UK. In 10 years even the Remainers will have accepted that fact.

Europeans? Well, not so much. They will have had 10 years of increasing misery. If you think the EU vaccines debacle is bad, wait a bit longer for the next exits.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Turkeys voted for Christmas.

Turkeys, not at all - were as happy as pigs in blankets. 
Remainers - the discarded giblets that nobody wants anymore after making gravy. 

Euros - they’re just stuffed. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:27 PM, vinny41 said:

Honda Will Close Its UK And Turkish Factories As It Goes Electric

Honda has confirmed that its only European factory, in the English town of Swindon, will close in 2021 with the direct loss of around 3500 jobs. Britain’s exit from the EU is not the cause, Honda executives have said.

The EU and Japan recently struck a trade deal that eliminates tariffs on car exports between the two entities. It’s understood that now, with no financial penalties for making cars in Japan and exporting them to Europe, the last business case in favour of maintaining HUM has been removed.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/honda-will-close-its-uk-and-turkish-factories-to-go-electric/

So even though the new EU/Japan trade deal means that there will be no tariffs on car exports between the two, Honda say that Brexit was not the cause of them closing Swindon?

Well, if they say so.

As for tariff free trade, remember the UK/Japan deal gleefully announced by Liz Truss? Not only is it a shadow of the EU's, remember this wonderful piece of negotiating by her and her team: Brexit: Liz Truss secures tariff wins with her Japan trade deal – for products UK doesn’t export!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

We've judged already and it's great for the UK

Yet you are still unable to name one single benefit of Brexit!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

In 10 years even the Remainers will have accepted that fact.

I cannot foresee anything which will convince me that Brexit was the right course for this country. But maybe if you were to mention even just one benefit of it, that may help persuade me.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Europeans? Well, not so much. They will have had 10 years of increasing misery. If you think the EU vaccines debacle is bad, wait a bit longer for the next exits.

The EU have not handled the vaccine roll out at all well; but they are not alone in this. 

But tell, us; what other miseries are they suffering which Brexit has spared us?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The EU have not handled the vaccine roll out at all well; but they are not alone in this. 

The UK only won that by importing it and not doing any exports.

vOwqXmD.jpg

I've also read that the UK was paying three times the price the EU were, which is why AZ were so happy to send it all to the UK.

• Like 1