UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

On 3/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, Hi from France said:

I do not believe a word of this, especially in regard to Northern Europe countries. 

But I trust you can prove what you are writing here ? 

The truth is in your answer, since you would, without exception, find your precious quotations to disprove that statement if you could.

I've told you before, I'm not about to waste my time searching for evidence, since I know it to be a fact from common MSM news reports. I rely on my mental ability to retain facts and don't therefore need to plagiarise others opinions. You can accept that or not, I really don't give a fig...

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, candide said:

So where did they put the €336 million prepayment made in August?

The aim of a prepayment is just that: finance expenses related to the order made, so that the supplier doesn't need to use his own money.

And you know that how??

You missed the point, it is AZ's money the minute it is handed over, under whatever terms the contract required for advance payment.

The EU did not sponsor the development in advance of it being certified for use, they waited for it's approval before lodging their orders for a fully regulated product, unlike the UK.

It's no big deal anymore anyway, since the EU prefer to play vindictive politics with thousands of EU citizens lives, by suspending it's use contrary to their own EU medical regulators and the WHO's scientific advice.

3 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Very nicely edited to distort the facts, since the chart, in full, clearly shows the UK top of the list of European countries as a percentage of GNI.

Thank you for proving my earlier point.

The UK's foreign aid programme has, historically, surpassed any of the EU nations commitment.............apart from Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

The UK's foreign aid programme has, historically, surpassed any of the EU nations commitment.............apart from Germany.

I suggest you read your own link in full.

The UK's foreign aid programme has surpassed that of the EU's, including Germany, since our contributions as a percentage of GNI are higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

I suggest you read your own link in full.

The UK's foreign aid programme has surpassed that of the EU's, including Germany, since our contributions as a percentage of GNI are higher.

Have you included foreign aid from EU institutions? 

5 hours ago, Tofer said:

It's no big deal anymore anyway, since the EU prefer to play vindictive politics with thousands of EU citizens lives, by suspending it's use contrary to their own EU medical regulators and the WHO's scientific advice.

The EU has not suspended the use of any vaccine.

See the various posts on this in the relevant threads.

• Like 1

A post with a disallowed social media video has been removed, along with a reply.

See the forum's policy:

"18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source."

On 3/17/2021 at 2:07 PM, Rookiescot said:

Have you included foreign aid from EU institutions? 

Yes. Read the data displayed in the chart of the earlier post on this thread. The Eu lag behind Britain simply on monetary value, not even considering the miniscule percentage of their population and GNI that must represent, which are left blank presumably for that very reason.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, candide said:

I know it because the contract precisely describes how the initial €336 million funding must be used. So It's you who missed the point.

The contract also specifies the delivery schedule.

Facts please, not supposition!

On 3/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, 7by7 said:

Indeed, most of them are simply roll overs of previous deals negotiated by the EU which we had when we were members or, like the Japanese one, the crumbs from the EU's table.

Even so, those countries would be fools not to be keeping a wary eye on us, following Johnson's stated willingness to tear up international agreements and treaties whenever it suits him.

Blah, blah, blah, same old churlish nonsense, to deflect from the UK's real achievements, that has already been debated ad nauseam.

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

Yes. Read the data displayed in the chart of the earlier post on this thread. The Eu lag behind Britain simply on monetary value, not even considering the miniscule percentage of their population and GNI that must represent, which are left blank presumably for that very reason.

And you would need to include foreign aid from each of the individual countries within the EU.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tebee said:

Getting back to the subject of this topic, much of the problems are caused by the UK deciding to have a very hard brexit.

A ‘Swiss-style’ veterinary agreement would remove much of the red tape for UK food exporters at a stroke

https://www.ft.com/content/0862a631-3f33-4b76-b2be-461bcb6e10f8?shareType=nongift

As Frost himself told a Policy Exchange meeting this week, the beating heart of his Brexit is a “Magna Carta tradition” in which freeborn Englishmen are instinctively opposed to the notion that “other people set laws we have to live by”.

In January Brexit moved from the abstract realm to the concrete world of commerce, and this landed hardest with small businesses that trade with Europe, most particularly food exporters that bore the brunt of new red tape.

They discovered that reclaiming sovereignty was not an abstract concept, but could be measured in the 71-page stack of customs forms needed to shift a single load of fish into the EU; or for Scottish salmon farmers, £11m in losses.

It goes on to say that a “Swiss-style” veterinary agreement with the EU would, at a stroke, remove almost all the bureaucratic pain being faced by UK food exporters

As Frost himself told a Policy Exchange meeting this week, the beating heart of his Brexit is a “Magna Carta tradition” in which freeborn Englishmen are instinctively opposed to the notion that “other people set laws we have to live by”.

Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tebee said:

In January Brexit moved from the abstract realm to the concrete world of commerce, and this landed hardest with small businesses that trade with Europe, most particularly food exporters that bore the brunt of new red tape.

They discovered that reclaiming sovereignty was not an abstract concept, but could be measured in the 71-page stack of customs forms needed to shift a single load of fish into the EU; or for Scottish salmon farmers, £11m in losses.

I see the 'red tape' as the EU's way of punishing the UK for leaving.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

1) Brexit and the shift to the far right, to neutralise UKIP

2) Restructuring the BBC to give them editorial control, amongst other things

3) Attacks on the Judiciary

4) Attacks on the Civil Service

5) Attacks on the Constitution

6) Culture wars

7) Attacks on teachers and education

???? US-style voter suppressions

9) Clamp-down on legitimate protests

You can see from this list why some people think Johnson is the best peacetime PM the UK has ever has.

Which ever way you care to look at it Johnson is a lot more popular than Starmer, the Trosky Labour Party are a spent force and rejoice at the fact we have a man worthy of the position he holds. So as much as the left doesn't believe in democracy, these are the facts I'm afraid.

And this is from the lefties bible:

"The prime minister’s net approval rating of 7 is his best since last May and, at two points higher than Starmer’s net rating of 5, it is also the first time his ratings have been above the Labour leader’s since then. Johnson has also established a clear lead when voters are asked who would make the best prime minister, with 37% opting for him and 25% choosing Starmer."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/14/boris-johnson-is-voters-clear-choice-for-pm-in-new-poll

Edited by vogie