UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Another returning at Malaga airport today was Shaun Cromber who despite voting for Britain to leave the EU, didn’t believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he said: ” Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK".

????????????????????

Lots of Brits suffering from delusions of grandeur. Now we're reduced to the status of a  third country regarding the EU, and with that downgrading comes a decline in our world ranking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tebee said:
10 minutes ago, vogie said:

God, it's turning into a pantomime now. ????????????

Brexit has always been a pantomime....

Even more so since the 24th July 2019!

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

That guy standing at Malaga airport did not seem as happy as a pig in a blanket.

He seemed very unhappy that what he voted for actually happened.

Same with most of the fishermen.

In the beginning not everybody will be happy, (even amongst Leavers) particularly the 16.1 million Remainers who constantly remind us they are not happy. 

There’s no detail of why his application was rejected. Maybe they found out that he is a mad axe man or something. For 17.4 million Leavers nobody is going to change their mind about Brexit over one Brit in Malaga.

The fishermen will get sorted sooner or later. Good to see that Remainers are so concerned about them now, whereas you were happy to give most fish away to EU boats before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Yet you are still unable to name one single benefit of Brexit!

I cannot foresee anything which will convince me that Brexit was the right course for this country. But maybe if you were to mention even just one benefit of it, that may help persuade me.

The EU have not handled the vaccine roll out at all well; but they are not alone in this. 

But tell, us; what other miseries are they suffering which Brexit has spared us?

You’ve tried that enough times before and I’m still not going to pander to you. You’ve (collectively) had the benefits many times before. 

I won’t be wasting by time trying to persuade you. Didn’t you have my benefit posts deleted before? You are beyond hope. 

The previously EU miseries are now beginning. Contributions shortfalls and budget reductions, reduced trade imbalances, breakup of the EU, all the good stuff. Maybe if you left the comfort of moaning from UK, and went to the EU you might see. 

• Like 1

Source for the 500 figure 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415577/Brexit-news-latest-eu-vaccine-block-astrazeneca-uk-john-redwood-boris-johnson

British expats 'in tears' as Spain to deport 500 under new rules ‘Dream over'
THOUSANDS of British expats face being booted out of Spain for failing to register for residency under post-Brexit regulations.

Edited by tebee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Somewhere else it said it was because he hadn't sorted out any healthcare. So far there are another 500 people that we know about, who been told to leave by the end of their 90 days Schengen visa free period.

So 500 Brits, of around a million in Spain, could not secure their rights to stay. Do you seriously expect that should have even the slightest effect on Brexit? It’s not important and I don’t care. 

Will France be doing the same?

When do we start deportation of EU overstayers? There must be plenty to start working on, over and above the 4.6 million in the UK system. 

1 hour ago, tebee said:

a very good article about the impact of Brexit on small businesses

Don't know how long it will be readable for outside the paywall but the coments are very interesting 

https://www.ft.com/content/9b5c119b-2a37-4a7c-bf02-026805fd6c12?shareType=nongift

FT articles are free to read without a paywall if they’re posted on Facebook. So either you post it on Facebook and then click your own post or there’s a shortcut for it that simulates the whole thing. 

14 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

event better than that an open source web browser extension 

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

Yes, that’s the type of shortcut I mentioned above. I’m mainly using Safari on iOS so the Chrome extension doesn’t work but you have to use the Shortcuts app instead. All the shortcut does is to take the link of the currently opened webpage, take it to Facebook and create a link as it would appear if it was posted on someone’s Facebook wall. 

Edited by cocoonclub

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Its relentless though isnt it. Every day its just a constant stream of how Brexit is ruining the country and peoples lives.

For zero benefit. 

In what way has Brexit made the country better?

According to brexiteers: it hasn't, not yet, because of those remainders blocking us.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Loiner said:

We've judged already and it's great for the UK. In 10 years even the Remainers will have accepted that fact.

Europeans? Well, not so much. They will have had 10 years of increasing misery. If you think the EU vaccines debacle is bad, wait a bit longer for the next exits.

not sure, maybe, if, but, will see....   which one do you chose???  did you read about the UK guy Shaun Cromber or did you read the news lately

https://global247news.com/2021/03/26/tears-flow-for-brits-as-they-head-home-to-avoid-being-deported-as-illegals-in-spain/amp/?fbclid=IwAR15A8TWaGg0OKSy2AiRusAg5ypRg_nCsYPYEEDmP9mNWMGXpwbyL0v0fvQ

Tears flow for Brits as they head home to avoid being deported as illegals in Spain

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bannork said:

Lots of Brits suffering from delusions of grandeur. Now we're reduced to the status of a  third country regarding the EU, and with that downgrading comes a decline in our world ranking. 

Those that acted at the right time are not affected. Similar to those EU nationals living in UK.

Get off your a$%# and do what is required and all will be well. Sit on your a$%# and wait for someone to do it for you, there will be problems.

However the EU may regard the UK will not have an effect on the rest of the world. They see it for what it is.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

How many UK lorry drivers do you think spend a whole 90 days in the EU without leaving?

None.

You misunderstand. Every day spent in an EU country counts as one day. So if a UK driver is making, let's say, 3 trips across the Channel weekly he will use up his 90 days being in France within 6 months and will be barred for 3 months 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bannork said:

You misunderstand. Every day spent in an EU country counts as one day. So if a UK driver is making, let's say, 3 trips across the Channel weekly he will use up his 90 days being in France within 6 months and will be barred for 3 months 

Incorrect. The count resets after the 6 months. There is no 3 month wait.

By your calculations, 3 weekly trips to Europe would mean a max stay of 3 days per week. 90÷3 is 30. So the stay will not be used up in 6 months. 

Not really an issue and not something that will affect the drivers that I know.

Edited by youreavinalaff

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Hours of driving limited, plenty of trips will involve overnight stays which means at least 2 days calculated.

Most drivers will pass through France or Holland. 

They are unlikely to take their 40 hour break in EU. They will want to be at home. That's two days per week. Allowing at least a day between trips for reloading and travelling back to depot.

Well there you go. That's 4 days per week away from EU.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

They are unlikely to take their 40 hour break in EU. They will want to be at home. That's two days per week. Allowing at least a day between trips for reloading and travelling back to depot.

The drivers can only drive 9 hours a day in the EU. Plenty of enforced overnight stops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

there is also the problem of UK drivers being able to get a permit to drive in the EU, the numbers are limited.

It's very possible that those that do get the permit might want to maximise their hours in the EU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

So their drop off point is in Poland but they can take their rest break in the UK?

Total nonsense.

Was any of this an issue before Brexit? No? Oh OK its just another Brexit bonus that Johnson, Farage, Gove and all the rest didn't mention.

There again there seems to have been a lot they failed to mention or address. But it was all dismissed as Project Fear.

Still you all knew what you were voting for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So their drop off point is in Poland but they can take their rest break in the UK?

Total nonsense.

Was any of this an issue before Brexit? No? Oh OK its just another Brexit bonus that Johnson, Farage, Gove and all the rest didn't mention.

There again there seems to have been a lot they failed to mention or address. But it was all dismissed as Project Fear.

Still you all knew what you were voting for.

I have mentioned in previous posts that I did not vote for it. You really do have selective memory.

As for drivers not taking 40 hour breaks in EU. You'll find it was quite standard pre Brexit for lorry drivers to take as many breaks as possible at home. That way the employers don't need to pay. If they are away during their breaks they are still on away from home rates. Drivers that are near to needing their 40 hour break simply won't be sent long haul. Simple business planning.

Edited by youreavinalaff