UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Tofer said:

The UK are the highest percentage of GNI contributor from the DCA members aside from Norway, Luxembourg.

With "aside from" the claim gets more credible. 

Now this is not the topic, but we're talking about the past. UK Foreign aid has just been extremely reduced (. 7% to. 5%).

So we are talking about the former UK, not the present national - populist one that emerged lately. 

Do we agree there or do you have other informations? 

Other issues are accounting of what is labelled as "development aid" you'd be surprised 

Last but not least, we are expressing aid as a percentage of GNI.

UK GNI just took one of the worst hits in the world, in addition the hit from Brexit is right now worse than "project fear". 

So in real terms I think UK foreign aid is collapsing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

uK charter airlines have lost 70% of their business to the EU.

UK service sector employees face a nightmare trying to work in the EU.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/brexit-service-sector/

........... yes......but have seen what Meghan said yesterday?......plus The BBC made comments about the Union flag.......OMG!!!

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 2:39 PM, candide said:

To start with, It's a fake quote and that's against forum rules

What is? It was your quote - not mine.

There you go again twisting the thread to hide your embarrassment.

This is what you said; - 

The EU made a prepayment of 336 million euro in August 2020, which has been invested by AZ in its production facilities, just to be told the order could not be delivered.

Clearly implying that the EU made a direct investment into the new production facility, contrary to my assertions that there is no evidence to indicate the EU requiring that prepayment be used for new production facilities.

The contract clearly states in item 7.1, that the payments are for drug and packaging components, with absolutely no reference to establishing a manufacturing / production facility.

So how do you know that AZ used the EU's E336m to finance the new factory? Show me where that is stated.....

The EU never came on board until the drug was fully developed and approved. It's the UK that made the development investment, not the EU, then they have the audacity to demand first call on the vaccine - despicable, and threaten a ban on export thereby interfering with legal company contracts.

I would like to see your evidence that the EU have the authority to interfere with international contract law.

In the meantime, please stop blowing smoke in an attempt to justify your misguided statement. 

It's a pity Boris won't retaliate with the ban on export of the drug components that are used to produce the vaccine, including the Pfizer one, then UvdL might stop grandstanding, and realise her stupidity.

Edited by Tofer

7 minutes ago, Tofer said:

What is? It was your quote - not mine.

There you go again twisting the thread to hide your embarrassment.

This is what you said; - 

The EU made a prepayment of 336 million euro in August 2020, which has been invested by AZ in its production facilities, just to be told the order could not be delivered.

Clearly implying that the EU made a direct investment into the new production facility, contrary to my assertions that there is no evidence to indicate the EU requiring that prepayment be used for new production facilities.

The contract clearly states in item 7.1, that the payments are for drug and packaging components, with absolutely no reference to establishing a manufacturing / production facility.

So how do you know that AZ used the EU's E336m to finance the new factory? Show me where that is stated..... 

"

This is what you said; - 

The EU made a prepayment of 336 million euro in August 2020, which has been invested by AZ in its production facilities, just to be told the order could not be delivered.

Clearly implying that the EU made a direct investment into the new production facility, contrary to my assertions that there is no evidence to indicate the EU requiring that prepayment be used for new production facilities."

'AZ invested in ...' is far the same from 'the EU invested in ...'

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Now this is not the topic, but we're talking about the past. UK Foreign aid has just been extremely reduced (. 7% to. 5%

It's still higher than the EU's total commitment of 0.49%. So what's your point?

I'd be interested to see your comparison with the EU's present day contributions. No doubt they have shrunk also...

With "aside from" the claim gets more credible. 

Selective quotations are not clever sunshine! If you are able to read and understand plain English, then you would see that the post referred to the total EU contributions as a percentage of GNI.

Other issues are accounting of what is labelled as "development aid" you'd be surprised 

You'll have to explain that one in clearer English, since in it's original state it is incomprehensible.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

'AZ invested in ...' is far the same from 'the EU invested in ...'

Another incomprehensible statement. Kindly explain your point in clear intelligible English, to clarify the above gobbledegook...

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tofer said:

Another incomprehensible statement. Kindly explain your point in clear intelligible English, to clarify the above gobbledegook...

If you read the post you replied to,, your reply and my reply to your post it should be very clear. If not, please refrain from writing gobbledegook.

But I get it, you don't like to be called out from writing misinformation.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 11:58 PM, stevenl said:

If you read the post you replied to,, your reply and my reply to your post it should be very clear. If not, please refrain from writing gobbledegook.

But I get it, you don't like to be called out from writing misinformation.

Sorry, did we upset your delicate sensibilities...

I suggest you go back and read the whole thread, and try to understand properly, before casting aspersions on my posts. It's not clever! 

There's no misinformation, just a clear lack of any comprehension on your part.

Edited by Tofer
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 12:18 AM, cocoonclub said:
On 3/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, Tofer said:

This is what you said; - 

Clearly implying that the EU made a direct investment into the new production facility,

Expand  

According to you own quote, that’s not what he said or implied. 

You need to check back, since this, as stated, is a direct copy of what he said, hence the italics.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 12:18 AM, cocoonclub said:

322C8775-3F2B-43F1-8B32-EA81067FF5D3.jpeg

Edited yesterday at 12:19 AM by cocoonclub

I accept I omitted to reference item 7.2 also, my error.

However, in the context of the debate, I suggest you read the Schedule A, which goes into detail and itemises the breakdown of expenditure of the E336M, "initial funding", under discussion here. Then come back and tell me where it specifically stipulates that the EU's funding is to be allocated to the construction of a new manufacturing facility or extension thereto, or for the purchase of additional manufacturing plant to upscale the production capacity for the EU's exclusive order supply.

The contract invokes "best efforts", it does not guarantee the supply in the proposed timeframe, nor does it dictate the exclusivity of the manufacturing capacity for the EU from the European facility.

Edited by Tofer

On 3/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, david555 said:

They paid mony up front  for the devellopment of the vaccin ....

But that is unconviniant i guess to you as a reply to get what was in the contract ????

Just checking back over this thread, and stumbled across your little nugget.

They did not pay up front for the development of the AZ vaccine!!

Have you read the contract? 

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

I accept I omitted to reference item 7.2 also, my error.

However, in the context of the debate, I suggest you read the Schedule A, which goes into detail and itemises the breakdown of expenditure of the E336M, "initial funding", under discussion here. Then come back and tell me where it specifically stipulates that the EU's funding is to be allocated to the construction of a new manufacturing facility or extension thereto, or for the purchase of additional manufacturing plant to upscale the production capacity for the EU's exclusive order supply.

The contract invokes "best efforts", it does not guarantee the supply in the proposed timeframe, nor does it dictate the exclusivity of the manufacturing capacity for the EU from the European facility.

You are making up about the fake quote you made before.

Reported

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

Just checking back over this thread, and stumbled across your little nugget.

They did not pay up front for the development of the AZ vaccine!!

Have you read the contract? 

Another nitty gritty question ....

Looking tho the slitest opportunnity to score a point ....?

AZ. dont deliver the order ....final  .

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Another nitty gritty question ....

Looking tho the slitest opportunnity to score a point ....?

AZ. dont deliver the order ....final  .

Oh my, you really don't like being pulled up do you. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, and quit baiting.

Have you not heard? The EU have backtracked on their threat to ban the export of the vaccines.

And yet more misery for Europe, since your wonderful EU commission are yet again in delay with their order for the Novax vaccine. Thank God for Brexit....

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tofer said:

What am I making up, and what fake quote? You're starting to sound like Trump, if it doesn't agree with you it's fake news... ????

Kindly highlight it, since you haven't done so far. Perhaps you should also actually read the contract you posted.

Or is this simply an attempt to deflect from your embarrassment at being proved wrong.

Fake quote!

7 hours ago, tebee said:

3500 jobs, and all associated suppliers, local shops families. 

Decision was taken last year 

Honda blamed the closure on the need to focus company resources on large electric car markets outside the UK. However, industry experts – and a briefing given by Honda last year – suggested that Brexit played an important role in the decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/13/honda-close-swindon-plant-ending-workers-hopes

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Honda Will Close Its UK And Turkish Factories As It Goes Electric

Honda has confirmed that its only European factory, in the English town of Swindon, will close in 2021 with the direct loss of around 3500 jobs. Britain’s exit from the EU is not the cause, Honda executives have said.

The EU and Japan recently struck a trade deal that eliminates tariffs on car exports between the two entities. It’s understood that now, with no financial penalties for making cars in Japan and exporting them to Europe, the last business case in favour of maintaining HUM has been removed.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/honda-will-close-its-uk-and-turkish-factories-to-go-electric/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tebee said:

yet another Brexit casualty - Honda sells it's Swindon site off.

17 hours ago, candide said:

Fake quote!

Old news, closure announced in 2019.

How is it a Brexit casualty since;

“The new opportunities outlined by Panattoni will be a major step in Swindon’s rejuvenation following Honda’s exit. Their investment offers a significant boost to the local economy and we are excited by the prospect of this redevelopment creating thousands of jobs for Swindon and the surrounding area."

Just goes to prove Brexit is not one way bad news, as you chaps would like to imply. 

• Like 1