UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Really?

I met many UK drivers with loads from EU chemical companies.

However I do agree its going to be a two way thing.

As if THAT helps anyone.

Brexit. The gift that keeps on taking.

Nice to see that you now accept that haulage is not as simple as the example you wished to portrait. 

Its also nice to see you backtracking on my "lack of knowledge".

Not back tracking on anything. You just repeated what I had said. That's why I agreed.

I also pointed out the business management was required. Thus never having stated that haulage was easy.

You like to put words in peoples' mouths to suit yourself. You take the parts of posts you don't like to try and ridicule. You take opinions and try to accuse people of making things up or lying simply because you don't agree. Sad but true.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

And none for those in Spain either?

Certainly not for those in Spain. They were the subject of the post. 

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

And none for those in Spain either?

Not at all. They are the subject of the posts. Why should they be any different? Regardless of the guy in the report, I expect most were Remainers anyway. 

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have certainly asked that question many times before; as have others.

Yet, despite your claim, neither you nor anyone else has ever been able to come up with an answer. 

Go on; prove me wrong by finally providing one.

What a feeble excuse.

How could I have had any posts deleted?

Even had I reported any of your posts, which I haven't, they would only have been deleted had they broken the forum rules. Did they?

Keep asking, as many times as you like. 
Keep trying, cos I won’t bite. 

On 3/28/2021 at 8:42 PM, tebee said:

Source for the 500 figure 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1415577/Brexit-news-latest-eu-vaccine-block-astrazeneca-uk-john-redwood-boris-johnson

British expats 'in tears' as Spain to deport 500 under new rules ‘Dream over'
THOUSANDS of British expats face being booted out of Spain for failing to register for residency under post-Brexit regulations.

So it’s half a thousand?

6 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not back tracking on anything. You just repeated what I had said. That's why I agreed.

I also pointed out the business management was required. Thus never having stated that haulage was easy.

You like to put words in peoples' mouths to suit yourself. You take the parts of posts you don't like to try and ridicule. You take opinions and try to accuse people of making things up or lying simply because you don't agree. Sad but true.

Do I?

What I do is highlight what other people say by quoting their own words back to them. Then present a counter argument.

If someone makes baseless assertions or presents spurious examples to try and back their position then I will spotlight that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Suppose Brexit Britain wants to impose a tax on tech firms which made tons of money lately and pay little taxes...

what happens then?

the US is threatens to impose punitive import tariffs 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56565636

who will prevail ?

image.png.4b94803034eb489098cc2970a7a589fe.png

another proof that Brexit works ????

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/biden-tariffs-brexit-britain-eu-big-tech

The remainers are still here then, there is much going and positive news too.

There are signs the Biden administration wants a more conciliatory relationship on trade with the UK than Donald Trump did.

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The remainers are still here then, there is much going and positive news too.

There are signs the Biden administration wants a more conciliatory relationship on trade with the UK than Donald Trump did.

More conciliatory than Donald Trump, who was ready to sign a trade deal any moment?

Please give a source for the signs, and please explain how Biden is more conciliatory on trade deal with UK than Trump was.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

More conciliatory than Donald Trump, who was ready to sign a trade deal any moment?

Please give a source for the signs, and please explain how Biden is more conciliatory on trade deal with UK than Trump was.

It was snippet news item comment from a UK politician who is in talks with US. 

45 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Highly unlikely in the near term now as the US is more focused on a Boeing-Airbus US/EU/UK resolution first (that allows Boeing to continue to be unfairly subsidized without repercussion)... meaning that the 'fast-track' trade authority for these negotiations are on the verge and likely to expire before even getting to the table... This makes a trade agreement with the US nearly impossible without total capitulation by the UK as any negotiated trade agreement will be unable to get an up or down vote in congress but will be subject to constant amendments after a trade agreement has been negotiated... by the US congress alone.  I know of no modern trade agreement with the US that has been able to be completed without the 'fast track' authority.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The very fact they call themselves expats and not migrants tells you all you need to know.

Some of them are even economic migrants but refuse to accept it.

But of course you need to understand the mindset of these people. Spain needs them more than they need Spain.

Or Thailand needs them more than they need Thailand.

This is what happens when the Tories "confiscate / void " brexit way  your European citizenship ......????

BTW.

Spanish authorities claim there is currently no such new round up of illegal British residents. They make the argument that there's no need, since these illegal residents as of now will be picked up on Schengen border-control data-bases when they exit the EU, since as third-country nationals since January 1st with no residence visa, they will be shown to have overstayed their 90-day limit and will be fined or prevented from entering Schengen on any attempt to return.

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

This is what happens when the Tories "confiscate / void " brexit way  your European citizenship ......????

BTW.

Spanish authorities claim there is currently no such new round up of illegal British residents. They make the argument that there's no need, since these illegal residents as of now will be picked up on Schengen border-control data-bases when they exit the EU, since as third-country nationals since January 1st with no residence visa, they will be shown to have overstayed their 90-day limit and will be fined or prevented from entering Schengen on any attempt to return.

just like Thailand LOL ????

• Thanks 1

(Beware when travelling to avoid U.K. travel ban .....as Spain extended (or changed ?) their entrance policy ... ???? )   mixed Covid19 Brexit reason ...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1417243/british-expats-spain-brexit-rules-residency-EU-alicante-airport-uk-exparts-deported

British expats deported from Spain as guards order group to get back on plane back to UK
BRITISH expats have been deported from Spain as guards ordered a group to get back on a plane to the UK, it has been revealed.

By RACHEL RUSSELL
PUBLISHED: 09:56, Wed, Mar 31, 2021 | UPDATED: 10:50, Wed, Mar 31, 2021

Britons arriving at Alicante-Elche airport yesterday were said to have been refused entry into Spain, before being sent back to Manchester on the same plane. A sign in the terminal had been put up, which said: "No tie card, no entry". It comes as Spain has extended restrictions on unnecessary travel from countries outside the EU until April 30 due to Covid, despite the measures originally being in place until today (March 31).

One passenger named Stuart Miller, who is a 47-year-old from Manchester, shared his fury at being turned away as he said Ryanair had allowed them to travel from the UK.

He told Olive Press: "People with letters from Alicante Foreigners Office asking them to collect their residency cards were turned away...what more proof do you need of residency?"

more...!

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Of course you wont; because after nearly 5 years, you obviously still can't identify a single benefit of Brexit!

I’ve got plenty.  You’ve been given plenty. 

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

How can a county that requires the army to supply them with food be regarded as a functional nation?

1000s of finance jobs going overseas.

Almost total collapse of the fishing industry

Imports are now being strangled

Supermarket shelves empty or filled with  one item where there used to be several.

Return of Phone roaming charges

Ending of Freedom of movement

Closure of Honda and other motor factories

New projects moved to EU

Thousands of workers leaving the country.

imports stalled by paperwork.

200 trucks a day turned back

huge truck parks in Kent overflowing.

supply chains disrupted and broken disrupted by increased bureaucracy and costs.

Hauliers refusing to deliver to UK.

Anyone who thinks these are teething problems as in a new baby is sadly deluded - these are teething problems as in kicked in the teeth by an ideologically obsessed government

the Brexit festival has been renamed to Festival UK 2022 (= FUK2022 !?!?!)

Edited by Thunglom