45 Day Visa on Arrival

52 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Majortom

Why didn't he just buy a cheap throwaway ticket online as is being recommended. That would have given him a departure within airline required timeframe

Im not sure. I think he didn't know that was an option at the time. The airline was messing on about selling return tickets, and he just trusted them i guess, in the heat of the moment.

I see.

I suppose knowing you may just need a cheap throwaway ticket then one may as well book a flight and return for within 60 days without bothering with a throwaway flight. Then only if at Heathrow they stop you from boarding do you buy a throwaway flight online. That way you either avoid the throwaway flight completely or just have to buy it at Heathrow if boarding stopped at check-in. 

Come to that.....

If airlines allowed boarding 100% on understanding that an extension at Thai immigration was going to be given and airlines not responsible in unlikely event of being refused entry for up to 60 day stay ....and here's the reason.....because Thai immigration allowed anyone they decided not to admit due to no flight out within 30 days to book at throwaway flight at Thai immigration. All that needs to happen is to be able to book this throwaway flight IF it's demanded by Thai immigration AT Thai immigration. Hence no issues left for airline to deny boarding at Heathrow.

This silly anomaly just takes the parties involved to have a 20 minute chat and agree a simple workaround. 

Having tourists required to risk not being allowed to board OR needing to buy a pointless flight isn't a satisfactory situation to remain in place.

5 minutes ago, neillyweilly said:

How are the guys travelling from the UK to Thailand getting around the whole you-re-not-allowed-to-leave-the-UK-for-a-holiday thing?

Can't speak for UK but Oz has similar restrictions and as I understand it folk indicate that they are traveling for a longer period than a holiday. eg 3 months +

Asian airlines are usually pretty strict about having a return or outbound flight booked because they will be forced to repatriate you back to the port of origin if you're denied entry when landing in Thailand. But they don't care if your return flight is 30, 45 or 60 days after your inbound flight.

You don't have to show the airline an outbound flight if you have a valid visa or re-entry permit for Thailand.

• Like 1