Best truck under 900k

stoneinfocus

23 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Then you will be buying nothing - no fone, no car, no pickup, no motorcycle, no stereo, no clothes, no shoes, no ...

You want to claim that you can't buy any quality products of the items you mention that are not made in China?

• Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 9:02 AM, hotchilli said:

Go with a Ford.. either Ranger or Raptor whichever you please. Both offer the best all-round package.

The Raptor is pretty cool and the engine/drive train/suspension is made for "Big Country", there is no doubt about it.  If you like it and can afford it, go for it!  But, for me, I always ask myself "is it worth 2x the price or more?".  I have looked over the trucks costing 1.6 million and more, and I just can't see where the 100%+ markup gives me twice as much value/looks/driving experience.

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

All the new vehicles are pretty good. Buy something you like to drive and look at. I would much rather have something I like that gives me a problem now and then than something I don't like that is trouble free. 

this is why people buy benz

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, NanLaew said:

Tata.

7173_o.jpg.a7f529cc3e0c27e3d818d9eabfb47e08.jpg

You'll thank me for it.

Have TATA solved their rust/corrosion problems?  I mean, you have to look at their trucks due to the price, which I did.  I found the metal and especially the paint to be pretty "thin".  Then I looked at TATA trucks operating around town and found that 1 year old models had the "cancer" coming on strong and by 2-3 years it was pretty much at stage 4 levels.  Maybe they've improved??

On 2/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, Thai Dan said:

I bought the 2016 Ford Ranger XLT, 4 door, 2.2L Diesel, Automatic Transmission for 869,000 with one year first class insurance.  The same model today is 899,000 including first class insurance for one year (appr. THB 18k value).  We still love the truck as if it were new.  Here is a comparison between the automatic and manual transmission models at this link:

Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.2L XLT Hi-Rider

We test drove all other trucks in the same class from the other manufacturers and they all have certain bells and whistles that one may or may not like, but the things that stand out for us on the Ranger, even to this day, are as follows:

• Drive quality.  The driving/operating quality and the comfort while doing so are the best for us.  One thing I did with all brands/models was to drive with 2 wheels on the road and 2 wheels on the shoulder at about 50 Kph.  The Ranger handles that with confidence and comfort while other brands felt jerky, clunky and a tad unstable.  Again, trucks in this class range, special models not included.
  • Turning radius.  For doing U-turns, the ranger has the smallest/tightest turn radius, meaning you can pull off a U-turn in one go instead of having to reverse and go again to complete a tight U-turn.  U-turns in Thailand are a fact of life and they are dangerous, so a one-shot U-turn capability makes a big difference when you have cars waiting behind you and cars coming at you in the oncoming lanes.
  • Interior comfort.  Front seats on all the trucks may be similar, but the rear seats in this model have more recline than any others with good legroom, and a long trip when sitting in the back seats is not a problem, even for a farang sized person.
  • Power assist steering.  The steering wheel tension becomes firmer as your speed gets higher.  Hard to describe this until you test drive it, but it makes a difference so that you're not oversteering at speed, while by the same token making the turning effort easy at very low speeds, such as parking or U-turns or just about town and country.
  • Visibility.  Of all the trucks we drove, the Ranger has the best line of sight all around, meaning you can see better for parking in tight places and you have a good awareness of your lane vs other lanes/vehicles on the road.  The slope of the hood is especially good for visibility in the front.
  • In 4 years of driving, we have never missed having 4 wheel drive or a bigger engine.  The truck is still as tight as it was when new and we have no rattles, vibrations or other "looseness" that older vehicles used to suffer from.  We drive between 15-20k kilometers per year.  Put a new set of tires and "mag" wheels on last year.  We change the oil every 10k km and use Shell silicon oil.
  • We still love the truck and have no plans to sell or trade any time soon.  No reason to: it still drives and looks great.

Of course, these are just my personal observations.  Your mileage may vary.

image.png.4bdb849ae996d01960c7f050e167cffc.png

Did they not have it in Sky Blue and White?   LOL

18 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The Ranger actually has the worst turning radius !!

Ranger - 12.4m

Dmax - 12.2m

Triton - 11.8m

Revo - 11.8m

Navara - 11.8m

The turning radius of all those trucks gets a lot smaller if you use the gas to bring the rear around...