Best truck under 900k

stoneinfocus

Just now, Yellowtail said:

What's the RPM of each for that torque?

The sweet-spot mileage-wise for the last 3L Isuzu I had was  120km/hour plus...

Isuzu: 140kW of power and a peak torque output of 450Nm from a low 1,600 to 2,600rpm. 

Nissan: 

MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER

190 horsepower / 3,750 rpm

MAXIMUM TORQUE

450 Nm / 1,500-2,500rpm

They are pretty much identical. One review suggested Isuzu may have traded power for reliability.

The salesman claimed the 3lt uses less fuel on the highway than the 1.9, but salesmen claim many things.

Would be interesting to see fuel consumption between the Navara and Dmax.

7 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Isuzu: 140kW of power and a peak torque output of 450Nm from a low 1,600 to 2,600rpm. 

Nissan: 

MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER

190 horsepower / 3,750 rpm

MAXIMUM TORQUE

450 Nm / 1,500-2,500rpm

They are pretty much identical. One review suggested Isuzu may have traded power for reliability.

The salesman claimed the 3lt uses less fuel on the highway than the 1.9, but salesmen claim many things.

Would be interesting to see fuel consumption between the Navara and Dmax.

I can believe the the 3L beats the 1.9 on the highway. Three of the Isuzus I had were 3L, b=never had an issue with any of them, but the last one blue away the previous two as far as power and mileage.

Six cylinder cars in the US occasionally get better mileage than the same model with a four-cylinder mill. The smaller engine typically has to run harder/turn faster...

It would be interesting to see what RPMs the Isuzu is turning at 120km/hr. compared to the Nissan...

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, Yellowtail said:

I can believe the the 3L beats the 1.9 on the highway. Three of the Isuzus I had were 3L, b=never had an issue with any of them, but the last one blue away the previous two as far as power and mileage.

This is an updated 3L engine, a little more power and a little better fuel consumption, if I'm not wrong.

9 hours ago, Smithson said:

This is an updated 3L engine, a little more power and a little better fuel consumption, if I'm not wrong.

Probably, the one I had would be 5-6 years old now, with it was a great ride...

On 4/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Tingtong69 said:

Was very impressed by the new Mazda BT50.  Theres a nice spec version around 900,000. The interior is as nice as a decent car. 

Oddly the most expensive spec with brown interior looked a bit too much, better to get the lower spec.

Also look at what are offered for different levels. The main differences are 4 or 2 door/spacecab, engine size, auto or manual and 2wd or 4wd. The other features add a lot to the cost and can be bought cheaply aftermarket.

I wanted decent power and 4 door - but the difference between 2 door and 4 door with 3L engine was around B350k. So I went with a basic 2 door version, then got free leather seats. I will get an aftermarket touch screen with android, Bluetooth for around 5k, parking sensor for around 3k and swap the stock wheels for 18".