With Trump impeachment trial over, wounded Washington grapples with divisions

webfact

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Demolish their case? The jury consisted of some who may be investigated for this insurrection. Ones who lied about the legality. And are doing this due to politics. Not the law. Heck. The top Republicans even blame Trump for it. The only shame was the Republicans trying to pretend they care about the constitution and their oath of office.

They should all be fired.

The Only Part I Agree with Is They Should All Be Fired. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

If proud boys it sounds like you only need a tiara.

Or Oathkeepers, Qanaon, Boogaloo or a myriad of other white supremacist groups that make up Trump's base. Not many black faces invading the Capitol on 4th January.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 7:58 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

A split in the GOP seems likely.

Good news for the Democrats.

I seem to recall a then-prominent poster going on about the Republican Party's expected demise in 2015. What with that going other than he expected, with a vengeance, poster's been very quite for a long while now. Just saying that 'likely' is not all that likely, really. And that even if it does come about, doesn't necessarily mean it will remain a fixture in US politics or have a decisive long-term effect.

40 minutes ago, polpott said:

It ceased to exist in 2015 and became the Trump Party and remains so to this day.

That's one way to wiggle out of getting them wrong. Then again, it's also not as if  all past prolific posters choose to quit or lay low.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, DBath said:

Please enlighten us as to what that accomplished that was more important than dealing with the problems at hand, exactly. 

Oh, look, a Trump supporter "concerned" about POTUS not doing dealing with important issues and problems, or having a questionable priority list.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Oh, look, a Trump supporter "concerned" about POTUS not doing dealing with important issues and problems, or having a questionable priority list.

It’s a little too late to be a Trump supporter now, wouldn’t you agree? You assume too much. Regardless if one is/was a Trump supporter or not a Trump supporter, they should be “concerned” with such things, IMO. It’s those like you who seem to be living in the past and struggling to move forward, still haunted by the ghost of Trump. Perhaps therapy might help. 

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Trump is in charge of the GOP. Look at the rash of politicians now being censured in their home states due to voting for him to be impeached. And spineless Graham saying Laura is the face of the future GOP.

UGH. Definitely not a ghost. Sadly.

Apparently Trump's ratings have now rocketed..........W:T:F?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DBath said:

It’s a little too late to be a Trump supporter now, wouldn’t you agree? You assume too much. Regardless if one is/was a Trump supporter or not a Trump supporter, they should be “concerned” with such things, IMO. It’s those like you who seem to be living in the past and struggling to move forward, still haunted by the ghost of Trump. Perhaps therapy might help. 

No, not too late. Still a lot of them around. Many expecting him to come back few years down the line. Still a lot of influence on the Republican Party, Republican politicians and right-wing politics. And I do not assume anything, just got a functioning memory when it comes to posters, posts and positions expressed.

So you get an "F" for the deflection attempt. and of course, the point still stands. Four years of Trump often acting in an erratic manner, focusing on minor issues, real and imagined slights, online flame wars and whatnot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, not too late. Still a lot of them around. Many expecting him to come back few years down the line. Still a lot of influence on the Republican Party, Republican politicians and right-wing politics. And I do not assume anything, just got a functioning memory when it comes to posters, posts and positions expressed.

So you get an "F" for the deflection attempt. and of course, the point still stands. Four years of Trump often acting in an erratic manner, focusing on minor issues, real and imagined slights, online flame wars and whatnot.

Oh no, an 'F'?...yeah, well okay, that really hurts. I am sorry to say, however, you won't be living 'rent free' in my head, as Trump will be in yours, but then you and others like you still need him, don't you?

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

"Still need him?'  55555  I need Trump in my life like I need a recurring case of hemorrhoids.  But since Trump's impeachment trial just ended and he just inserted himself into the news (putting out a statement to bash poor Mitch), I'd say he's still fair game.  Heck, this entire thread is about Trump...if you hadn't noticed his name in the thread title.  

Oh, it's about way more than just Trump, buddy. "Poor Mitch"?  Wow, do you often stick up for Republicans, or just when it suits you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Just when it suits me, of course...555.   Frankly, I'll bash/defend anyone regardless of party affiliation.  In your world, perhaps all Dems are required to hate all Reps.  I don't.  I just hate Trump. 

I may have voted for Trump, but I resent people like you implying that I blindly follow him or am waiting for some “second coming”. There are people that do, I get that, but not all. It seems to me people like you would rather focus on that unproductive aspect than move forward. Or perhaps you’re just another non-American trying to get a rise out of everyone and enjoying it. You wouldn’t be the only one here by any stretch - pathetic, if that’s the case.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2