Brexit causing supply problems for small UK manufacturers: survey

snoop1130

11 hours ago, tebee said:

If you ever decide to return to the real world from your imaginary one, you'll find the EU's world influence is growing all the time. More items are produced to the EU's standards even if they are not destined for it. The € trusted more and more as a reserve currency. The EU is regarded as "the" group to do trade deals with. It's bigger than the US and more developed than China  

haha, I do like a god laugh in the morning.  Dream on mate. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, placeholder said:

Even though it's a universally observed economic phenomenon that trade between nations is disproportionately weighted toward closer nations, that has nothing to do with Brexit because....?

Well I leave the gobble de gook to the experts.

What I remember was my Dad saying now we have joined lot we will end up getting out at some stage.

31 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Such victim blaming is a blessing for every incompetent government, as every f-up can conveniently be put on those that you actually have to take care of. 

bababobo,

it was a genuine question,

a look into the matters would readily show who has been screwing,

government or manufacturers

many are the businesses around in Europe who have experienced problems, partly large ones, related

to regime shifting, ie becoming member of EEC/EU/EEA

UK businesses will be vanguards re exit problems

On 2/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, bannork said:

Desperation from Dominic Raab. No benefits from Brexit for 10 years. They should have used that as a slogan on the bus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-problems-dominic-raab-10-years-b1802158.html

Yeah, where will we all be ten years from now,

when Brexit should be a success according to Raab? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well I leave the gobble de gook to the experts.

What I remember was my Dad saying now we have joined lot we will end up getting out at some stage.

he also may have mentioned that prices went up and some things become impossible to get like NZ butter, Argentinian Beef and Australian Lamb.  It was never a bed of roses, just a very bad idea . 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

he also may have mentioned that prices went up and some things become impossible to get like NZ butter, Argentinian Beef and Australian Lamb.  It was never a bed of roses, just a very bad idea 

Yeah my Dad had many differences of opinions with people it took him a while to get use to people buying German & Japanese products having been in the RAF through the war. ????

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1399337/brexit-news-eu-european-union-financial-services-netherlands-city-of-london-companies

Brexit LIVE: Netherlands gloats after poaching UK firms - 'Brexit companies moving to us!'
THE NETHERLANDS has celebrated poaching UK firms after more than 200 companies moved to the country following Britain's departure from the EU.

By STEVEN BROWN

PUBLISHED: 07:46, Thu, Feb 18, 2021 | UPDATED: 08:49, Thu, Feb 18, 2021

According to the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA), 78 "Brexit companies" moved to the Netherlands last year. This was the same number as in 2019, bringing to overall total since the 2016 referendum to 218.

The agency said: "Not only are the amount of contacts continuing to grow, the number of Brexit companies that have opted for the Netherlands is also increasing. "In effect, the uncertainty of recent years has not disappeared."

A record 550 businesses are also in discussions with the agency about relocating to the Netherlands. This is an increase of 425 last year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1