What's With All The Golf Course Posts

Pilotman

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Why all of a sudden is the forum filled with golf course posts?  It's insensibly boring for the sensible ones among us, who support Churchill's view that golf is just a way of spoiling a nice walk.  

For some people golf is just too difficult so they don't enjoy it. The ads do get ridiculous on here

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It seems to me that you have to actively click on those "links" - not so difficult to avoid, is it? 

Pretty sure the point is that for those (including myself) that browse the site via the "new content list" end up with almost half a page of ads/spam links until such time is they sink into the depths of oblivion - that is the annoying part which would be negated by spreading out the posts over the week rather than the regular mass post dumps.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

in one of the forums under the Golfing in Thailand heading. 

Indeed and probably why my mouse scroll hates me.  There are way, way too many forums - but we seem to be making more.  It has become almost impossible to find specific forums as by the time you get to them you have forgotten why you even wanted to go there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

ok - I get that too, but mine is not about golf... usually a hotel advert... 

I don't have that problem fortunately. Just spam posts that show up in the list with no way around it (ignoring a poster doesn't remove the posting from the lust so no point even trying that).