‘Siri, show me hypocrisy’: Stephen Miller criticizes ‘cruelty’ of Biden immigration polices

ASEAN NOW Content Team

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In addition to rising prices, one of the main reasons for the big annual gain was because of base effects, meaning inflation was very low at this time in 2020 as the Covid pandemic caused a widespread shutdown of the U.S. economy. Year-over-year comparisons are going to be distorted for a few months because of the pandemic’s impact.

For that reason, Federal Reserve policymakers and many economists are dismissing the current round of numbers as transitory, with the expectation that inflation settles down later this year around the 2% range targeted by the central bank.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/consumer-price-index-april-2021.html

Should the "target" for inflation not be zero? 

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Nonsense:

Full transcript: MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell interviews Joe Biden

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/full-transcript-msnbc-s-lawrence-o-donnell-interviews-joe-biden-n1267186

Why do you think joe is being handled so carefully. Your link doesn't load up. But, I've heard joe speak plenty and it's embarrassing. And, it has zero to do with ssttuttering.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Should the "target" for inflation not be zero? 

Absolutely not. The only way to target for that is to skirt with deflation which is typical of depressions. Inflation is actually a good thing. In 50's and 60's when the economy made major gains for US workers, inflation averaged about 4%. Inflation encourages investment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Absolutely not. The only way to target for that is to skirt with deflation which is typical of depressions. Inflation is actually a good thing. In 50's and 60's when the economy made major gains for US workers, inflation averaged about 4%. Inflation encourages investment.

Then why not target 4% or more? 

You can argue inflation driven by increases in wages are good (I would not make that argument) but when inflation outpaces wages, working people get poorer. Working people, particularly the working poor have no money to invest and get virtually nothing on their savings. 

Of course the rich do get richer, which I assume is why the left likes it. 

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid...

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why do you think joe is being handled so carefully. Your link doesn't load up. But, I've heard joe speak plenty and it's embarrassing. And, it has zero to do with ssttuttering.

No, he's brilliant, you're just not watching enough television.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Link works fine for me. And thanks for your personal and unverifiable testimony. So convincing.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Being impeached twice was quite a historic accomplishment. 

Yeah, Nancy should be proud. 

Hey, what happened to Trump being arrested and prosecuted the moment he got out of office? 

Too funny

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Then why not target 4% or more? 

You can argue inflation driven by increases in wages are good (I would not make that argument) but when inflation outpaces wages, working people get poorer. Working people, particularly the working poor have no money to invest and get virtually nothing on their savings. 

Of course the rich do get richer, which I assume is why the left likes it. 

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid...

Actually, no one has come up with a good reason why the target is 2% instead of 4 percent. 

Inflation plunged after the 2008 economic disaster and again in the wake of covid. What does that tell you?

Let's not worry too much about the savings of workers. And not just the working poor.  Most have virtually none thanks to union busting, lack of antitrust actions, low minimum wage, and tax bills that favor the rich. Worker productivity since the 1990's has shot way up but virtually all the benefits have gone to the top 10%,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, Nancy should be proud. 

Hey, what happened to Trump being arrested and prosecuted the moment he got out of office? 

Too funny

Nobody ever said that.

Now that he is not president, he is indeed exposed to already happening investigations and lawsuits, and potentially indictments and incarceration. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, no one has come up with a good reason why the target is 2% instead of 4 percent. 

Not to worry, when it looks like inflation will come in at 4% that will be the new target.

Inflation plunged after the 2008 economic disaster and again in the wake of covid. What does that tell you?

Let's not worry too much about the savings of workers.

Of course, let's not worry about workers at all.

And not just the working poor.  Most have virtually none thanks to union busting, lack of antitrust actions, low minimum wage, and tax bills that favor the rich.

You for got unfettered immigration.

Worker productivity since the 1990's has shot way up but virtually all the benefits have gone to the top 10%,

Yes, the top 10% that you claim will benefit from the inflation you are promoting. 

• Like 1

Not to worry, when it looks like inflation will come in at 4% that will be the new target.

Of course, let's not worry about workers at all.

You for got unfettered immigration.

Yes, the top 10% that you claim will benefit from the inflation you are promoting. 

People like you have been predicting huges rises in inflation for over a decade now. We're still waiting.

Misleading edits like "Of course, let's not worry about workers at all." are deceptive and dishonorable. But i guess when you're corned that's your only recourse. I clearly pointed out what I was referring to. Mainly a refutation of your imputation that it was only the working poor who have a problem with savinigs.

The immigration problem could be solved if government cracked down on those who hired illegal immigrants by imposing jail sentences on them and establishing a living minimum wage and enforcing it. I believe there was a recent ex president who repeatedly hired illegals.

Where did I claim that the top 10% will benefit from inflation. You're confused I just pointed out that thanks to right wing policies, most Americans don't have funds to invest. That has nothing to do with inflation.

• Like 1

People like you have been predicting huges rises in inflation for over a decade now. We're still waiting.

People like me?

Misleading edits like "Of course, let's not worry about workers at all." are deceptive and dishonorable. But i guess when you're corned that's your only recourse. I clearly pointed out what I was referring to. Mainly a refutation of your imputation that it was only the working poor who have a problem with savinigs.

Not misleading to anyone following the thread. You claimed inflation was good, because it promotes investment. Inflation disproportionately hurts the poor, you you applaud it. 

The immigration problem could be solved if government cracked down on those who hired illegal immigrants by imposing jail sentences on them and establishing a living minimum wage and enforcing it. I believe there was a recent ex president who repeatedly hired illegals.

Yet the left wants to tear down the border wall and build a wall around Washington. 

Where did I claim that the top 10% will benefit from inflation. You're confused I just pointed out that thanks to right wing policies, most Americans don't have funds to invest. That has nothing to do with inflation.

You claimed inflation was good because it will drive investment. People investing more drives the market up. Who benefits? 

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

High inflation is an acknowledged risk of the policies of our popular new president. For the sake of the country let's all hope that the concerns about it aren't realized. Leaders take risks.

If it is good, (as the the left seems to be claiming) than why is it a "risk" 

People like me?

Not misleading to anyone following the thread. You claimed inflation was good, because it promotes investment. Inflation disproportionately hurts the poor, you you applaud it. 

Yet the left wants to tear down the border wall and build a wall around Washington. 

You claimed inflation was good because it will drive investment. People investing more drives the market up. Who benefits? 

Inflation does not disproportionately hurt the poor. It only hurt the poor if it outpaces their wages. Basic arithmetic. 

Nonsensical right wing insults about immigration may satisfy an itch in some, but not one that craves reason.

Why are youunder the impression that driving the stock market up somehow affects the poor or has something to do with meaningful inflation. Why should high stock prices matter to the poor?  High stock prices have nothing to do with the Consumer Prince Index.

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's a very. very small risk, but the programs he's proposing for the working and middle classes will have big payoffs for them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Inflation does not disproportionately hurt the poor.

Really?

It only hurt the poor if it outpaces their wages. Basic arithmetic. 

So as long as the poor/non-rich are able to scratch out the same living with the meager wage increases they get it's okay? The idea that as people earn more they live better is silly, yes?  

Nonsensical right wing insults about immigration may satisfy an itch in some, but not one that craves reason.

It's nonsensical to believe that introducing millions of low and no skilled labor into the market puts downward pressure on wages? What happened to basic arithmetic? Or does that only apply when it supports our position? 

Why are youunder the impression that driving the stock market up somehow affects the poor or has something to do with meaningful inflation. Why should high stock prices matter to the poor? 

I never said driving the market up affects the poor, please don't make things up. I said it benefits the rich. Is it your position it does not?

High stock prices have nothing to do with the Consumer Prince Index.

Really? So when the market goes up the people in the market do not spend more freely? Does spending not have a impact on prices? That pesky arithmetic coming back to bite you. 

I assume you have an advanced degree of some kind, yes? 

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Huh?!?

I don’t think high inflation is good at all.

I think gradual low level inflation is normal and expected.

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are you perhaps referring to when Joe Biden said ""The biggest thing is, when you and I talked last, we talked about...it's one thing to have the vaccine—which we didn't have when we came into office—but a vaccinator. How do you get the vaccine into someone's arm?" 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-covid-vaccine-trump-claim-fact-check-1569904

Apart from the blatant falsity of the statement, Pfizer and Moderna were available before Biden took office quite curious to see Biden espouse the theory that it is not the scarcity of the vaccine, but of people, in a country of 328 million, who can administer the vaccine that is the problem.

Notice how Newsweek fact checks this and says "yes, on the face of it is true, Biden did say this and it's false"...however because he said the complete opposite two minutes earlier he did not actually lie...????????????

Quite embarassing, as is the whole handling of immigration, to say nothing of the moral failure over the Israeli-Palestine conflict. The usual let Israel do as it wants, but all hailed by the left media as "covert diplomacy" ????

I'm sure his immigration policy will be as much of a grand success as his handling of the Israel-Palestine incident.

Embarassing doesn't begin to describe it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:45 PM, Logosone said:

Are you perhaps referring to when Joe Biden said ""The biggest thing is, when you and I talked last, we talked about...it's one thing to have the vaccine—which we didn't have when we came into office—but a vaccinator. How do you get the vaccine into someone's arm?" 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-covid-vaccine-trump-claim-fact-check-1569904

Apart from the blatant falsity of the statement, Pfizer and Moderna were available before Biden took office quite curious to see Biden espouse the theory that it is not the scarcity of the vaccine, but of people, in a country of 328 million, who can administer the vaccine that is the problem.

Notice how Newsweek fact checks this and says "yes, on the face of it is true, Biden did say this and it's false"...however because he said the complete opposite two minutes earlier he did not actually lie...????????????

Quite embarassing, as is the whole handling of immigration, to say nothing of the moral failure over the Israeli-Palestine conflict. The usual let Israel do as it wants, but all hailed by the left media as "covert diplomacy" ????

I'm sure his immigration policy will be as much of a grand success as his handling of the Israel-Palestine incident.

Embarassing doesn't begin to describe it.

Biden was quite right to point out that the lack of 'vaccinators". The Trump administration consistently refused to get the Federal govt involved in actually vaccinating people. The Biden Administration changed that.

As for his false statement, he corrected it. You think that's no different from just asserting something false and leaving it there? Actually given your favorable view of Trump, you must think it's better to actually stand by a false statement.

As for who's letting Israel do what it wants, why do you think Israel is one of the few nations where Trump is viewed favorably? Because he opposed the way Israel  treated the Palestinians?

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Despite the pro-Trump insurrection at the Capitol, which resulted in the deaths of five people,

Notice the bias in the content  pro-Trump insurrection which resulted in the deaths of 5 people.

1. Where was it proven that the people who actually committed the injuries that caused the death were either Trump supporters or their actions were somehow condoned by Trump.   

2. Why is it that the absolute carnage that besieged the entire USA and led the the deaths of dozens of people is not similarly blamed on the rhetoric of those who shouted "systematic racism" "police brutality" and in the case of Maxine Waters absolute and direct language to confront those she opposes. 

Even the words in the headline "Biden Immigration Policies'  is an oxymoron.  Biden has openly adopted practices that contravene the law.  He has no immigration policy unless the author thinks that allowing anyone and everyone who wants to enter the USA somehow an authorized policy under USA law. 

• Haha 1