‘Siri, show me hypocrisy’: Stephen Miller criticizes ‘cruelty’ of Biden immigration polices

ASEAN NOW Content Team

On 6/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, placeholder said:

Biden acknowledged in the same interview that people had been vaccinated. It was a gaffe, not a belief.

Getting back on topic, when President Biden says the border is closed is it a belief of a gaffe?

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Getting back on topic, when President Biden says the border is closed is it a belief of a gaffe?

Neither. It's a fact:

On Mexico’s Border With U.S.,Desperation as Migrant Traffic Piles Up

The migrants’ hopes have been drummed up by human smugglers who promise that President Biden’s administration will welcome them.

Instead, the United States is expelling them back to Mexico, where they wait along with tens of thousands of others hoping to cross. The pressure, and desperation, is quickly building among families stuck in Mexico, as shelters and officials struggle to help them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/world/americas/mexico-border-biden.html

Migrant apprehensions at U.S.-Mexico border are surging again

The U.S. Border Patrol apprehended nearly 100,000 migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in February, the tenth consecutive month of increased apprehensions and a return to levels last seen in mid-2019...

The number of monthly apprehensions had fallen to just 16,182 in April 2020, shortly after the coronavirus pandemic forced the virtual closure of the southwestern border and slowed migration across much of the world. But apprehensions have climbed every month since then and reached 96,974 in February, according to new data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the federal agency that encompasses the Border Patrol. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/03/15/migrant-apprehensions-at-u-s-mexico-border-are-surging-again/

Of course if you mean 100% closed, with no undocumented immigrants getting across, when has that ever been the case?

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Neither. It's a fact:

On Mexico’s Border With U.S.,Desperation as Migrant Traffic Piles Up

The migrants’ hopes have been drummed up by human smugglers who promise that President Biden’s administration will welcome them.

Instead, the United States is expelling them back to Mexico, where they wait along with tens of thousands of others hoping to cross. The pressure, and desperation, is quickly building among families stuck in Mexico, as shelters and officials struggle to help them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/world/americas/mexico-border-biden.html

Migrant apprehensions at U.S.-Mexico border are surging again

The U.S. Border Patrol apprehended nearly 100,000 migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in February, the tenth consecutive month of increased apprehensions and a return to levels last seen in mid-2019...

The number of monthly apprehensions had fallen to just 16,182 in April 2020, shortly after the coronavirus pandemic forced the virtual closure of the southwestern border and slowed migration across much of the world. But apprehensions have climbed every month since then and reached 96,974 in February, according to new data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the federal agency that encompasses the Border Patrol. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/03/15/migrant-apprehensions-at-u-s-mexico-border-are-surging-again/

Of course if you mean 100% closed, with no undocumented immigrants getting across, when has that ever been the case?

If it's a fact, why does he not believe it? 

On 6/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, Yellowtail said:

So he didn't believe it when he said it? 

Do you not think people sometimes say what the don't mean even though they know better?

During his hour-long speech at the grounds of Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Trump stayed largely off politics.

Trump praised the Americans’ military efforts in the war against Great Britain. “Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” he said.

https://time.com/5620936/donald-trump-revolutionary-war-airports/

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Do you not think people sometimes say what the don't mean even though they know better?

During his hour-long speech at the grounds of Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Trump stayed largely off politics.

Trump praised the Americans’ military efforts in the war against Great Britain. “Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,” he said.

https://time.com/5620936/donald-trump-revolutionary-war-airports/

Trump Trump Trump. The discussion involves President Biden's immigration policies, not Trump's, quit deflecting. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Trump Trump Trump. The discussion involves President Biden's immigration policies, not Trump's, quit deflecting. 

Miller was trump's notorious immigration policy point man so nice try but trump is actually relevant to this discussion.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Miller was trump's notorious immigration policy point man so nice try but trump is actually relevant to this discussion.

By that logic, we should be able to reference anything said by President Obama, because Biden was was his Vice President, yes?

You call out Trump's immunization policy as off topic, but claim a speech Trump made two years ago (long before the covid debacle) is on topic. 

I would say you can't have it both ways but we both know that's not true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

It's not a matter of deflecting. It has to do with your ridiculous assertion that because someone makes a verbal gaffe - that means they believe what they said. In this case it's especially ridiculous since in the same interview Biden clearly acknowledged that there had been vaccinations before. Just as it would be ridiculous to assert the Trump believes that in 1776 Americans  successfully attacked the British as an airport.

If Biden was repeatedly claiming that there were no vaccinations before he took office you might have a point. But he hasn't been claiming that so you don't.

• Like 1

By that logic, we should be able to reference anything said by President Obama, because Biden was was his Vice President, yes?

You call out Trump's immunization policy as off topic, but claim a speech Trump made two years ago (long before the covid debacle) is on topic. 

I would say you can't have it both ways but we both know that's not true.

If Biden had cut out some policy area that Obama followed his advice on, sure. 

But we know that Miller was Trump's go to guy on immigration policy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's not a matter of deflecting. It has to do with your ridiculous assertion that because someone makes a verbal gaffe - that means they believe what they said. In this case it's especially ridiculous since in the same interview Biden clearly acknowledged that there had been vaccinations before. Just as it would be ridiculous to assert the Trump believes that in 1776 Americans  successfully attacked the British as an airport.

If Biden was repeatedly claiming that there were no vaccinations before he took office you might have a point. But he hasn't been claiming that so you don't.

You mean like Charlottesville when Trump said  there were good people on both sides and that he wasn't talking about the neo nazis and white supremist, and the left keeps insisting he said there are good nazis? President Biden keeps telling that lie over and over. 

When President Obama said there were 57 states, that was a gaffe, no one would honestly believe he thought that. But I do not think the same can be said of President Biden's lie about the vaccine. I don't doubt they gat in his earpiece to told him to walk it back.

President Biden has a long history of lying and cheating. I think he says whatever pops into his head he thinks sounds good at any given moment. 

You mean like Charlottesville when Trump said  there were good people on both sides and that he wasn't talking about the neo nazis and white supremist, and the left keeps insisting he said there are good nazis? President Biden keeps telling that lie over and over. 

When President Obama said there were 57 states, that was a gaffe, no one would honestly believe he thought that. But I do not think the same can be said of President Biden's lie about the vaccine. I don't doubt they gat in his earpiece to told him to walk it back.

President Biden has a long history of lying and cheating. I think he says whatever pops into his head he thinks sounds good at any given moment. 

Now you're alleging that he's got an earpiece. Another piece of nonsense.

FACT CHECK

Fact check: Allegations that Joe Biden wore an earpiece at town hall, debate are false

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/29/fact-check-allegations-joe-biden-wearing-earpiece-false/3578805001/

Fact check: False ‘evidence’ of Biden being wired or using earpiece  

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact-check-false-evidence-of-biden-ea/fact-check-false-evidence-of-biden-being-wired-or-using-earpiece-idUSKBN26L3D0

Social media users push evidence-free claim that Joe Biden repeated instructions from earpiece

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/22/tweets/social-media-users-push-evidence-free-claim-joe-bi/

Trump Ads Feature Biden Photo Edited To Include AirPod, Asking ‘Who’s In Joe’s Ear?’

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/01/trump-ads-feature-biden-photo-edited-to-include-airpod-asking-whos-in-joes-ear/?sh=4990023e2fd0

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Now you're alleging that he's got an earpiece. Another piece of nonsense.

FACT CHECK

Fact check: Allegations that Joe Biden wore an earpiece at town hall, debate are false

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/29/fact-check-allegations-joe-biden-wearing-earpiece-false/3578805001/

Fact check: False ‘evidence’ of Biden being wired or using earpiece  

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact-check-false-evidence-of-biden-ea/fact-check-false-evidence-of-biden-being-wired-or-using-earpiece-idUSKBN26L3D0

Social media users push evidence-free claim that Joe Biden repeated instructions from earpiece

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/22/tweets/social-media-users-push-evidence-free-claim-joe-bi/

Trump Ads Feature Biden Photo Edited To Include AirPod, Asking ‘Who’s In Joe’s Ear?’

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/01/trump-ads-feature-biden-photo-edited-to-include-airpod-asking-whos-in-joes-ear/?sh=4990023e2fd0

In any event, it's not like it was a "live" broadcast, and the Administration would certainly get final say on what's in and out. 

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

In any event, it's not like it was a "live" broadcast, and the Administration would certainly get final say on what's in and out. 

So they would leave in a mistake if they had a chance to delete it?

And why would the Administration "certainly get final say on what's in and out"? Is that a standard agreement?. 

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So they would leave in a mistake if they had a chance to delete it?

And why would the Administration "certainly get final say on what's in and out"? Is that a standard agreement?. 

I doubt very much it was a mistake. He got to say how there was not vaccine and not distribution plan and how Trump made a big mess of things and how he came to the rescue, and then he later says oh by the way, Pfizer did actually have a vaccine, sorry. I wonder how many people watched it until the end, as many as read past the headlines? 

If he went on to say that sixteen million people had been vaccinated, thirty million vaccinations DISTRIBUTED and that Trump's plan was coming together then I will apologize sincerely. 

Much like the headline of this thread, it gets the job done yet has nothing to back it up. 

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I doubt very much it was a mistake. He got to say how there was not vaccine and not distribution plan and how Trump made a big mess of things and how he came to the rescue, and then he later says oh by the way, Pfizer did actually have a vaccine, sorry. I wonder how many people watched it until the end, as many as read past the headlines? 

If he went on to say that sixteen million people had been vaccinated, thirty million vaccinations DISTRIBUTED and that Trump's plan was coming together then I will apologize sincerely. 

Much like the headline of this thread, it gets the job done yet has nothing to back it up. 

Who cares if you doubt it was a mistake? Clearly the internal evidence of the conversation shows he wasn't deliberately stating a falsehood or that he believed something false. 

As for saying 15 million vaccinated, and 30 million delivered, you didn't even say that.

"Over thirty million vaccinations distributed and fifteen million people vaccinated (including President Biden) prior to Biden taking office."

As for stipulatinging that only specific figures count, what can one say to such foolish stringency?

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thank you for your measured and specific response. It's going to take me a while to unpack all the information you've unloaded here. I'll get back to you  after I've had some time to contemplate it in all its richness.

Oh, you want another word game buddy do you. LOL, no thanks I got better things to do than discuss the same ole.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Oh, you want another word game buddy do you. LOL, no thanks I got better things to do than discuss the same ole.

I guess if  words like "evidence" and "reason" are just part of there for fun and games, you might have a point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly the internal evidence of the conversation shows he wasn't deliberately stating a falsehood or that he believed something false. 

What "...internal evidence..." might that be?

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

That his further statements clearly acknowledged that there had been vaccinations before he took office.

False. That he later acknowledged that there had been vaccinations before he took office  does not show "...he wasn't deliberately stating a falsehood or that he believed something false.", it merely shows he got caught. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

False. That he later acknowledged that there had been vaccinations before he took office  does not show "...he wasn't deliberately stating a falsehood or that he believed something false.", it merely shows he got caught. 

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/feb/18/context-what-joe-biden-said-about-vaccine-supply-h/