Patong jet-skis cleared for compliance

rooster59

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1614403469_1-org.jpg

Marine Department officers check jet-skis at Patong Beach yesterday (Feb 26). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A check on jet-ski operators at Patong Beach yesterday (Feb 26) found no irregularities, the regional office of the Marine Department, based in Phuket, has announced.

The check came at the order of Nachaphong Pranit, Director of Phang Nga Marine Department office, and who is currently serving as Acting Director of the regional Marine Department office, based in Phuket.

The officers confirmed that the jet-skis offered were legally registered and covered by the mandatory insurance, and the officers checked that the operators used the standard rental agreements when renting out the jet-skis.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-jet-skis-cleared-for-compliance-79171.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-27

The only irregularity is that you MUST have a valid Thai helmsman's ticket to drive these things and none of the tourists renting these have this license.

People renting out motorcycles are required to make sure the renters have a license and the renters will be fined if they ride a motorcycle without a valid motorcycle license.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1614403469_1-org.jpg

Marine Department officers check jet-skis at Patong Beach yesterday (Feb 26). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A check on jet-ski operators at Patong Beach yesterday (Feb 26) found no irregularities, the regional office of the Marine Department, based in Phuket, has announced.

The check came at the order of Nachaphong Pranit, Director of Phang Nga Marine Department office, and who is currently serving as Acting Director of the regional Marine Department office, based in Phuket.

The officers confirmed that the jet-skis offered were legally registered and covered by the mandatory insurance, and the officers checked that the operators used the standard rental agreements when renting out the jet-skis.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-jet-skis-cleared-for-compliance-79171.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-27

Misleading heading. Mentioning "jet-ski operators" and "compliance" in one sentence is a logical contradiction.

The more honest heading would have been, "Jet-ski scammers are back in Patong!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Been going to Thailand since 1990 never have and never will hire one of these, i warn people and they have suffered the consequences of going to a ATM and max withdrawal.

Never have but your the expert? I have and will but never had to go ATM! Credibility anyone?

2 hours ago, pattjock said:

In the end the question is what do these jet-skis add to the Phuket tourist business?

Personally I hear much more people cursing these jet-skis than liking them. A lot of people do not want to return to Phuket because of these things and some search for smaller beaches where they do not exist.

The sum of it all is that jet-skis is a net negative for the Phuket tourist trade and only benefit a few people.

“... what do these jet skis add?”

one thing they add are additional hazards on the roads when being taken too & from the beaches. 5 or 6 jet skis on home made wooden trailers without brakes or indicators being towed behind an unroadworthy motorbike/sidecar, that’s one of the things that is added.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jetskis are the worst you can have on any beach:

- They pollute the water

- They pollute the air ( you can smell it long and far - those certificate of compliance are a joke, should at least check them for leak and fune like they do for road vehicles - not that they do the cars correctly either ! )

- They cause terrible noise pollution, no peace and quiet when they are around

- Extremely dangerous to swimmers and other boats and clash between themselves, have you seen the morons riding them...!?!? 

- Wanobe show offs don't take them far out to just enjoy riding them, they want to come close to shore and to people to say "... look at me, look at me , I can ride a jetski...., I have nothing else to show you or be proud of...." ....!!!! 

Ah, yes...., I hate them...????

• Like 2