Windows Repair Tool to Fix Any PC Problem

Daffy D

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

My personal view is "if it aint broke dont fix it" too many times people play  around and dont really know what they are doing then wonder why it all goes wrong. ????

I know guys who spend more time trying to get a millisecond faster boot, or save a couple of MB of disk space than they do actually working on the PC. Is it Geek or Nerd?

Good to know there are some that never have any problem with Windows so never need to fix or repair or reset anything ever - Oh! how I envy you   :guitar:

For those whose first language is not English, sorry for the confusion. The title is "Windows Repair Tool" , "Repair" is not the same as "tweaking" as some seem to think.

This "Repair" tool is a collection of many repairs and fixes to help solve many problems that may and most probably will happen on a Windows installation at some time.

There is noting to install. You can mount the program on a flash drive and use it to solve problems on other computers. Ideal if you have several computers to take care of.

Watch the video it's full of information.

:smile:

15 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Good to know there are some that never have any problem with Windows so never need to fix or repair or reset anything ever - Oh! how I envy you   :guitar:

For those whose first language is not English, sorry for the confusion. The title is "Windows Repair Tool" , "Repair" is not the same as "tweaking" as some seem to think.

This "Repair" tool is a collection of many repairs and fixes to help solve many problems that may and most probably will happen on a Windows installation at some time.

There is noting to install. You can mount the program on a flash drive and use it to solve problems on other computers. Ideal if you have several computers to take care of.

It looks like simply a list of links to the many many 'repair' tools freely available. So many that it would take hours to firstly decide which one to use after dilligently appraising it via Google. 

And then the possibility of really '..king you PC up. As Charlie H said, if it ain't broke don't (try to) fix it.

There are many trouble shooters built into W10 to solve problems IF they occur, not probably as you say.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

There are many trouble shooters built into W10 to solve problems IF they occur, not probably as you say.

Three notoriously useless resources for fixing Windows problems:

• Windows troubleshooters
  • Windows event log & viewer
  • Microsoft support forums (though occasionally a forum user will post a solution)

Half the time PEBKAC anyway. Users more often than not create more of a mess with their tweaking and fixing and "tuning," wanting to feel they're doing something, like changing the oil in their car. Eventually, if not yearly, it'll come down to--wait for it--reinstall.  

Generally I don't care for the meataxe approaches that suggest problems exist where there are none. First, focus on a specific problem, search, post on the expert forums, and find the specific solution. I well understand the desire for tweaking the Windows interface, however, and that's simple enough to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Three notoriously useless resources for fixing Windows problems:

• Windows troubleshooters
  • Windows event log & viewer
  • Microsoft support forums (though occasionally a forum user will post a solution)

Half the time PEBKAC anyway. Users more often than not create more of a mess with their tweaking and fixing and "tuning," wanting to feel they're doing something, like changing the oil in their car. Eventually, if not yearly, it'll come down to--wait for it--reinstall.  

Generally I don't care for the meataxe approaches that suggest problems exist where there are none. First, focus on a specific problem, search, post on the expert forums, and find the specific solution. I well understand the desire for tweaking the Windows interface, however, and that's simple enough to do. 

PEBKAC ?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Click on the link!  :whistling:

OMG, WWTAS..............................when will these acronyms stop.

I personally hate TLAs.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

I did an fresh Win10 install a month ago, and getting the privacy right became my hobby. 

To hell with all the tools for telemetry etc, check out some of the web pages that actually tell you what settings to tweak, or even edit the registry manually if you're comfortable with that.  Too often I've had these things telling me "your ____ setting is not secure" but then when I check the registry I find the claim to be false. 

If anyone is interested I found these 2 pages useful as a sanity check

https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/windows-privacy-settings/

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/complete-guide-windows-10-privacy-settings/

If you like the active weather tile in the Start menu and it stops working here's a tip: bring the start menu up, then go off and do something for a few minutes.  With luck it will heal itself.

Edited by bendejo

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Win10

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

getting the privacy right

????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

a proper sanity check for privacy:

- is Windows installed on your computer?

Yes = no privacy

No = some privacy is possible

Edited by fdsa

16 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Yes = no privacy

More properly,

yes

- do you know what you're doing?

yes

sufficient privacy is possible, far as the OS itself is concerned.

no

Windows spies on me. But I rely on Chrome, my iPhone, or my Android phone to keep me private. BTW, I read and post on TVF.????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, Daffy D said:

Sorry but running a paid for version of windows 10 on 3 of my computers never needed one of those programs. I have had the occasional problem but these were realtively easy to fix.

Biggest problem is installing too much of these kind of programs and virus scanners and downloading free stuff without knowing what else you install with it.

Just my opinion, i feel your wrong about that it will most probably happen.. as on multiple computers over many years no problems like that.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:15 PM, fdsa said:

Yes = no privacy

If you want privacy on windows why not use Tor Browser. Then you got more privacy then on a mac or linux that is not running it.

This tool sounds a lot like a tool to remove viruses. Something you don't easily get on a paid for version of windows and if you don't download (not talking movies) but programs from free and questionable sites. The chances you have installed the <deleted> yourself are almost 100%.

If you look at the tools its all about virus and malware. I mean if your not stupid and don't click and download you will almost never have a problem. I think these kind of things happen because of inexperienced users.