SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I dislike being called a sweaty sock and I can't stand the typical English man like will carling. I also hate that song about chariots and Mr kiplings cakes. Actually, quite a few other things. 

i guess you are fickle and sensitive then.????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

For me, you are correct - I have always recognised that Scotland receives a poor deal in the UK. For others, however, Brexit has woken them up to the lack of fairness within the union, and how Scottish opinions mean nothing at all. Whether Brexit confounds the world and is actually not the unmitigated disaster predicted then and is still predicted now, the fundamental problem remains unresolved  - that is how Scotland must fall in line with whatever the English electorate decides.

And if you were to join the EU you would have to fall in line with what Brussels decides, which will basically be whatever Germany and France wants.

You're never going to be the country calling the shots in any major union because you are so small.

Maybe better accept it than destroy your country by seeking the unobtainable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

And if you were to join the EU you would have to fall in line with what Brussels decides, which will basically be whatever Germany and France wants.

You're never going to be the country calling the shots in any major union because you are so small.

Maybe better accept it than destroy your country by seeking the unobtainable.

To join or not to join. Up to them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I dislike being called a sweaty sock and I can't stand the typical English man like will carling. I also hate that song about chariots and Mr kiplings cakes. Actually, quite a few other things. 

So it's taken you 4 days to think of why you dislike the English and this is the best you can come up with.

You don't like being called a sweaty sock, I cannot ever remember using that expression, jock strap yes but not sweaty sock.

I seem to remember that Will Carling was the only one man enough to attack Mr Blobby.

But at least you tell the truth and don't try and cover the real reason for partitioning the UK like some on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

So it's taken you 4 days to think of why you dislike the English and this is the best you can come up with.

You don't like being called a sweaty sock, I cannot ever remember using that expression, jock strap yes but not sweaty sock.

I seem to remember that Will Carling was the only one man enough to attack Mr Blobby.

But at least you tell the truth and don't try and cover the real reason for partitioning the UK like some on here.

Actually, I only saw the question an hour ago. 

Who is Mr. Blobby?

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

...and yet the UK was so big.....it had everything going for it....and was calling many of the shots.......to what? .......join up with some serious heavyweights 12,000 miles away......pfft!

We weren't calling any shots. France and Germany do that.

Cameron tried to even things up and they refused. So we left. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I forgot, perhaps due to some kind of coping mechanism, Phil Collins.

Also that guy in Outlander who also played Prince Philip in The Crown.

No issue with us colonials saying you are scotch.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Actually it's up to the EU. I wouldn't bet on the EU saying yes, there are more reasons to refuse Scotland than allow them.

Yes I agree and what would an independent  Scotland bring to the party. They would be taking far more out than putting anything in for many years, and the EU has got many countries like that already, with others in the queue waiting to join.  I can see few few benefits except for a hard border with its neighbours, although the EU keep telling everyone they don't want that.

I wonder what the divorce bill for over 400 years would cost. No doubt that question will enrage some here, although the so called posters were all to happy to throw figures out about the UK leaving the EU for 40 plus years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Actually its up to scotland. If they decide not to, up to them. If they decide to, up to them.

whether accepted or not is a separate issue. 

Scotland doesn't decide if it joins the EU. 

It might decide to apply. The EU will decide if it joins  and on what terms. Here's a hint, in the unlikely event they accepted your application the terms would be brutal for Scotland because scotland would have no choice but to accept.

The EU would use that to screw you against the wall and you'd be begging for the type of deal you have in the UK.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are there others with nefarious objectives? Let's hear it then. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Scotland decides if it wants to join, of course. The EU would not refuse entry.

It would have to  break a lot of its membership rules to allow scotland to join. 

It would also cause issues with Spain and the Catalan separation issues.

Why would the EU do that for another net recipient?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Actually its up to scotland. If they decide not to, up to them. If they decide to, up to them.

whether accepted or not is a separate issue. 

Hold your horses. You need a second referendum first. Then win it.

2 massive hurdles. Then you could apply and likely be rejected. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

We have the highest GDP per capita in the UK with the exception of the City of London and the South East.

We have no debt.

I see your delusions are wider spread than I thought. If you think you'll walk away from  the uk without taking your share of the debt then think again. 

• Like 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

So this debt has not been calculated, yet this was the reason you went with - the ratio of income against a debt which has not been calculated? With the debt an unknown, therefor the product of the ratio must be unknown. Hence, it cannot be used as a reason to suggest that an independent Scotland would not meet EU entry criteria.

Try again.

I'm talking realistic estimates here based on uk current debt which has skyrocketed with covid. It's still rising and will continue to do so until you (might) leave in a few years time so the sky is the limit and it's impossible to put a number on it  but I've seen  no estimates that put you anywhere near the rules.

Follow all that with 10 years of isolationism.

What estimates have you seen that put you anywhere near the EU criteria?

Last time I raised it with rookie he claimed scotland would just walk away from their share. Are you proposing the same?

You think the EU will inflame the catalan issue to accommodate you? No chance. Dreaming.

• Like 1