I see we are back now.

NCC1701A

It's up !

Oh wait, it's down.

But wait - it's up again !

Or is it ? I haven't blinked in 3-4 seconds so maybe it's down again. Scared to blink now, or post this, in case it's down again.

Oh well, here goes noth...........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes, we are back, restoring images etc at the moment.

TD

It would have been nice to have been notified that this would happen, again.

I tried to log on many times yesterday and failed as "The website you require is not available."

I managed to log on today around midday  and managed to read one notification thread after which I got error 502 Bad gateway 3 times in a row, It took another 30 minutes before I could log in.

Meanwhile every other site I use regularly I could log into was normal.

I have no idea what the problem is/was or if it was time for an upgrade/new server but this is happening at about 2 or 3 monthly intervals.

If it is a server problem then it is about time the management changed their server and their suppliers, and NOT go for the cheapest option but the most reliable one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

There has been some general screwiness with other Thai government sites - getting a few "not secure" alerts.  

actually i was going to say something about this. i have seen a few Thailand based sites that have been down the last few days. local news websites geared towards various cities, that sort of thing. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats some serious like count !!!!.... 

ThaiVisa’s ‘Tech Doctor’ is not also in charge of the UK Covid-19 count ?

I got more work done yesterday !

there would be more likes on the covid-19 count if it were me ????

TD

51 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It would have been nice to have been notified that this would happen, again.

I tried to log on many times yesterday and failed as "The website you require is not available."

I managed to log on today around midday  and managed to read one notification thread after which I got error 502 Bad gateway 3 times in a row, It took another 30 minutes before I could log in.

Meanwhile every other site I use regularly I could log into was normal.

From all that panicked clicking, I would have sussed out that the site was down without being specifically told as much. As for advance warning, please take a number.

I recall my then boss not being impressed by my recording a tongue-in-cheek voice greeting for our global 24/7 emergency hotline while I was the on-call technician. After the existing preamble to leave details of the problem and an active call-back contact number, I appended "Please try and arrange for your out-of-hours emergencies to happen between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. Thanks and have a nice day."

Apparently a major Indonesian client that had experienced two catastrophic lightning strikes and an 80% equipment wipe-out overnight on Saturday was a bit confused and called one of our VP's at home. The 12-hour time difference meant the VP wasn't out on the golf course either.