I see we are back now.

NCC1701A

59 minutes ago, kingdong said:

If its a problem take your custom elsewhere.

But the problem is not of our making or choice but the choice of TVF.

Why should we have to take our custom elsewhere because of a problem that we did not make.

Have I detected any apology from TVF? Not so far and I won't be holding my breath waiting for one either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Install "Dark reader" add-in/plug-in in whatever browser you use.

You'll thank me for it.

600009069_darktv.thumb.jpg.6b7c0cc787ede20155ec48d1951604dc.jpg

Using Brave ATT and it's Dark Mode only darkens the URL bar... the TV content in toto stays blindingly white ???? 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, Kerryd said:

It's up !

Oh wait, it's down.

But wait - it's up again !

Or is it ? I haven't blinked in 3-4 seconds so maybe it's down again. Scared to blink now, or post this, in case it's down again.

Oh well, here goes noth...........

Its all a misunderstanding!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

But the problem is not of our making or choice but the choice of TVF.

Why should we have to take our custom elsewhere because of a problem that we did not make.

Have I detected any apology from TVF? Not so far and I won't be holding my breath waiting for one either.

Reminds me of the times i,ve given up my time serving on commitees,all the snide remarks behind the commitees backs,and when fronted the people doing all the whingeing when asked why don,t they go on all made their excuses.

Edited by kingdong

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You seem to think that legitimate complaints equal snide comments, they don't.

Without the posters on TVF there will be no advertisers and without them there would be no TVF.

What most posters who commented on this topic was the lack of information coming from TVF as to what happened and why.

Several posters who are more computer savvy than me offered suggestions what to do should it happen again. It probably will judging by the 3 or 4 times in the last year yet nobody from "the management" seems to have replied to them.

I have been a member for a few years now and I have watched it slowly degenerate from being a user friendly and informative site to one which has a few members who always attack other posters because they want to be kings of the hill and don't accept any criticism at all.

There used to be a camaraderie between posters where you could laugh and joke even if you had the opposite opinions with other posters.

Nowadays you are more likely to be flamed or reported to the mods for something that doesn't matter. There are still some worthwhile threads worth reading but not that many any more. 

People like this really boil my P*ss ! What delusions do you have that you feel you are owed anything? The people running the forum owe you NOTHING.

You are not a paid subscriber, in which case then yes a degree of explanation etc would be be required.

Your comment regarding advertisers is totally wrong, and shows your total lack of understanding and in fact how little you actually know, but choose to negatively speculate anyway.

The paid advertising here is a drop in the bucket compared to the feed driven auto populated Ads (Google etc) that are placed and have nothing to do with members, just visitors. The visitors here far exceed any members. Its the overall traffic that matters not membership as far as the Ads are concerned.

Like any organization tasks are delegated, and you frankly dont even register in the scheme of things. When was the last time you heard from the Directors of your bank ? I bet never, and those other sites you quoted in another post dont even come close to this forum. You are comparing Apples and Oranges to quote Facebook and  BBC etc and other mammoth sites you visit with this forum is absurd. They have HUGE resources structure and finances by comparison.

You would be better either just saying thanks for letting you in and and have free use of the info here and good luck and dont bite the hand that feeds you for FREE  or leave and take your negative comments and speculation with you.

When you put your hand in your pocket and actually pay for a service do you have a right to expect anything.

Edited by The Cobra
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You seem to think that legitimate complaints equal snide comments, they don't.

Without the posters on TVF there will be no advertisers and without them there would be no TVF.

What most posters who commented on this topic was the lack of information coming from TVF as to what happened and why.

Several posters who are more computer savvy than me offered suggestions what to do should it happen again. It probably will judging by the 3 or 4 times in the last year yet nobody from "the management" seems to have replied to them.

I have been a member for a few years now and I have watched it slowly degenerate from being a user friendly and informative site to one which has a few members who always attack other posters because they want to be kings of the hill and don't accept any criticism at all.

There used to be a camaraderie between posters where you could laugh and joke even if you had the opposite opinions with other posters.

Nowadays you are more likely to be flamed or reported to the mods for something that doesn't matter. There are still some worthwhile threads worth reading but not that many any more. 

Perhaps i,d have more respect for the " computer savvy" posters if they offered to help rather than " making suggestions " a point i,m sure anyone who has served on a commitee will have suffered i.e plenty of yammer with no follow through,i,ve lost count of the times i,ve done jobs at my own time and expense to have some slag trying to " advise " me of what i was doing wrong,all with the common denominator that they don,t want to give up their precious time to help.i do totally agree with your point on the "kings of the hill"keyboard warriors,who were in all probability bullied at school and victims of domestic violence who practise self therapy in trying to assert their masculinuty through the forum and report button.In essence i personally wouldn,t expect far less request any person running this forum to do anything i wouldn,t be prepared to do.

11 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

People like this really boil my P*ss ! What delusions do you have that you feel you are owed anything? The people running the forum owe you NOTHING.

You are not a paid subscriber, in which case then yes a degree of explanation etc would be be required.

Your comment regarding advertisers is totally wrong, and shows your total lack of understanding and in fact how little you actually know, but choose to negatively speculate anyway.

The paid advertising here is a drop in the bucket compared to the feed driven auto populated Ads (Google etc) that are placed and have nothing to do with members, just visitors. The visitors here far exceed any members. Its the overall traffic that matters not membership as far as the Ads are concerned.

Like any organization tasks are delegated, and you frankly dont even register in the scheme of things. When was the last time you heard from the Directors of your bank ? I bet never, and those other sites you quoted in another post dont even come close to this forum. You are comparing Apples and Oranges to quote Facebook and  BBC etc and other mammoth sites you visit with this forum is absurd. They have HUGE resources structure and finances by comparison.

You would be better either just saying thanks for letting you in and and have free use of the info here and good luck and dont bite the hand that feeds you for FREE  or leave and take your negative comments and speculation with you.

When you put your hand in your pocket and actually pay for a service do you have a right to expect anything.

You are wrong.

once a member you are always a member, even if banned. So the total membership number is anyone and everyone who has joined.

we are the product, so yes we have a right. Without us, the product, there would be nothing to advertise.

so yes, tv, thank us for our patience, without us you have no revenue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

Can't post what I think, pretty sure you get the idea though. ????

18 hours ago, tifino said:

Using Brave ATT and it's Dark Mode only darkens the URL bar... the TV content in toto stays blindingly white ???? 

Then complain to Brave for delivering a half-assed product, no? Dark Reader, available on the most popular browsers makes it ALL go dark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

Am on a different laptop with a different browser and still seeing (or not seeing) half of what should be there ??

There is nothing missing from the forum that I have noticed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Is this ongoing fiasco going to be rectified  ??

Am on a different laptop with a different browser and still seeing (or not seeing) half of what should be there ??

Most of the forum is back now, what content do you think is still missing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

^^

Where do I start lol !!

Lets start with an easy one. Top right hand corner I'm now listed twice by username one under the other with the bottom one offset

Thats because your avatar is missing, re upload it and its sorted.

• Like 1

Yea...I hope folks who haven't re-uploaded their avatar do so soon, because when a person had an avatar before when they make a new post their name appears twice (2nd time where the avatar use to be) which overlays into the post subject itself.....and then when trying to click on the post the person just made it ends up clicking on the person's name instead which takes you to the person's profile instead of the post he/she just made.

Yeap...yeap....get your missing avatar re-uploaded folks.

• Like 1

In my opinion things like re-uploading avatars shouldn't be necessary if the techs who made the changes did it properly. 

Today, when I click on the back button I'm getting a "Confirm form submission" page. Happened many times this morning. Again, in my opinion, the techs aren't doing their job properly. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 7:45 AM, CharlieH said:

Image databases take awhile and not highest priority, if you reload your images yourself it will be instant.

Am having trouble getting my image on line then uploading it, as no matter what I try the image is too big (even the smallest jpg one) so if the original image will take a while then I can wait for it to be restored.

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Thats because your avatar is missing, re upload it and its sorted.

Right well thats just one of at least 10 issues that can be sorted

ok why am I see a redirection upon "opening" Thaivisa each day claiming my browser is being "checked".....last 5 seconds or so just not long enough to get a screengrab on laptop...or is everyone getting that ??

• Like 2