I see we are back now.

NCC1701A

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Right well thats just one of at least 10 issues that can be sorted

ok why am I see a redirection upon "opening" Thaivisa each day claiming my browser is being "checked".....last 5 seconds or so just not long enough to get a screengrab on laptop...or is everyone getting that ??

Everyone gets it, its a brief security check in place following recent troubles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Yes Crossy, that one does the job perfectly, so thank you very much for your help, much appreciated.

You're welcome ????

For others who don't want to wait you could try the instructions in this thread:-

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

So I understand the reason for the crash was a DDOS-attack. 

What about our usernames and passwords ?   Are they safe? 

How did you come about understanding it was a DDOS attack?   

Seems if it was such a DDOS crash when they came back online we would have seen the same TVF layout as before the crash, but when they come back online they had a new layout....an upgrade they call it.    

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Seems if it was such a DDOS crash when they came back online we would have seen the same TVF layout as before the crash, but when they come back online they had a new layout....an upgrade they call it.    

Why else would they have set the cloudflare DDOS protection to a higher level? (That's the reason for the 5 second "security checks" which we now get regularly)

They might have just updated the software while the server had problems anyway, or maybe they moved to a new server.

2 hours ago, Pib said:

The "perp" posted on the TV FaceBore page.

Unfortunately said attack made it necessary to change hosting providers (no, I don't know the precise reasoning), from seemingly incomplete / poor / failed backups, hence the forum being restored piecemeal.

Further security is in place, hence the annoying "checking your browser" page (yes, Mods get it too).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Previous forum topic: What has this site done?

Moderators posted: "It was a malicious DDoS event that caused it, not negligence by TVF."

"The forum was subject to a DDoS attack., for those that dont know this is a "denial of service" attack, it is not a "hack" and no data has been compromised at any time"

Good point you make why didn't the site return in the same layout?

Seems like more than a DDoS attack. Encrypted front end web application by Ransomware? That would explain a lot and no one wants to admit to be owned like that. But that's just a conspiracy theory on my part and absolutely no proof.

• Like 1

The forum remains problematical to access,frequently freezes between topics or drops out entirely,constantly denies votes (there is a problem...)and appears to have lost the Nation entirely..which is odd..

Best of luck in fixing the stuff-not easy by the looks of it.