Obtaining a Yellow Tabien Baan - The making of an epic!

10 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Submit documents and lady says they have to send them to MFA to be checked, you can't make this nonsense up can you.

Ah, I think that may be the "somewhere" in my OP. 

It came acrosss as "embassy" which made no sense but the MFA could be it. No idea why, the docs had already been through their process.

I must be one of the lucky ones, NO translated paperwork, visits to embassy, etc etc. No big fee, about 30b for pink card, yellow book free. Dam it I now have that song in my head, if you include car and M/C books. ????pink and yellow, blue and green???? kids rainbow song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 3:41 PM, canthai55 said:

Just goes to show how different Amphur look for different things.

Doi Saket needed passport and copy, marriage and copy, wife blue book and copy.

Had to show up on the same day - but not necessarily the same time - Phu Yai Baan, one witness other than a family member.

Done. Picked up next day. Pink ID card then and there.

This was 5+ years ago and has been of use ever since.

Those who say they can see no use for it have never had one and seen it in action.

Quite similar to my experience in Suphanburi except that it took them a little while to go over all of their procedures a hundred times because mine was apparently the first application that they'd processed.

1 hour ago, Kiujunn said:

Does immigration in CW insist on seeing a tabien baan for visa extension if you own your place? 

When I did my extension of stay renewal at CW last year, my yellow tabien baan was immediately accepted in place of the chanote (I own my own condo). The chanote on it's own is fine if you don't have yellow book. As always, be prepared and have copies of everything as you never know what they might ask for!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Where would one get a blue  house book if buying from a private Thai person, not from a developer? 

From the Amphoe or Khet responsible for where your condo is located with proof of ownership. The owner should of already had one that could be transferred to you but you name would not be in it.

If you had a blue house book it should be fairly easy to get yellow house book.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:27 AM, unblocktheplanet said:

I'm wondering if this roundabout process with so many documents, translations, notaries, etc., is usual in the countryside. In Bangkok, our khet didn't need much. Very straightforward but, yes, years ago. My only worry is losing yellow book & pink card & having to replace them. Might not be so easy now.

Keep good copies just in case. Replacement should be easier than initial application.

14 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Where would one get a blue  house book if buying from a private Thai person, not from a developer? 

The book is linked to the address, so it should come with the condo.

If it's missing you will need to report it missing (police report) and get a new one from ampur office. 

On 3/12/2021 at 11:46 AM, Bangkokhatter said:

The wife checked with the Amphur what documents were needed so off i went into BKK, all sorted and then translated and certified by MFA.

Submit documents and lady says they have to send them to MFA to be checked, you can't make this nonsense up can you.

I got mine in Phaya Thai, Bangkok in 2019. They even wanted a full record of every entry and departure in and out of Thailand (goodness knows why) so they sent off to immigration. A full record of all my entries came back after about 3-4 weeks. Quite why they want this heaven knows. What does it prove if it's you first ever entry to the country? Totally nuts but as we all know, each office makes up their own rules. At least I didn't have to take a puu yai baan and just went, 3 times, with my gf and the condo juristic person's manager. No interview needed either.

• Thanks 1

MAYBE  some one has personal experience with this :

I have had a yellow book for at least 10 years ,  BUT  i may be moving from the North down

to some beach province.    Has anyone moved and then was able to change the address in their yellow book........... or did they have to go through the whole process again ?

i am sure " each immig office is different'...... but just wondering what your experience was

if you (anyone)  moved

A friend in Pattaya paid 20000 to get his yellow tabian baan.

Agent????? I paid 60 baht. Certification of passport and MFA translation was B3000 total. And I bought a Pokemon doll for the daughter of one witness and gave B300 to the other. All smiles.???? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rumak said:

I have had a yellow book for at least 10 years ,  BUT  i may be moving from the North down

to some beach province.    Has anyone moved and then was able to change the address in their yellow book........... or did they have to go through the whole process again ?

You have to get new yellow book for house where you would be living after you are moved out of the existing one.

The process will be easier than the first one since you already have a ID number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The book is linked to the address, so it should come with the condo.

If it's missing you will need to report it missing (police report) and get a new one from ampur office. 

I never got one, so Pattaya City Hall merely provided me with one when I went for the yellow book. No police report needed. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rumak said:

Has anyone moved and then was able to change the address in their yellow book........... or did they have to go through the whole process again ?

I moved provinces about 10 years ago. Had to go to the amphoe and tell them where and why, they fill in some forms and give you a letter which must be submitted to the new amphoe within 15 days. The new amphoe will insert your new address on the second page of the yellow book. Miss the 15 days and you have to start the whole process again.

• Like 2

Just now, Mister T said:

I moved provinces about 10 years ago. Had to go to the amphoe and tell them where and why, they fill in some forms and give you a letter which must be submitted to the new amphoe within 15 days. The new amphoe will insert your new address on the second page of the yellow book. Miss the 15 days and you have to start the whole process again.

that is good information.   of course "ten years ago"  as people know ,  things now could have changed ( and each amphoe can be different).    

BUT, i will give that a try when the time comes !   When i move i will rent first so again that can be an issue .   Of course i don't want to do the whole process again,  though 14 years ago it was easy to do,  and this in Chiangmai.   

I have the pink id as well,  so maybe doing again will be easier.   thanks for your suggestion.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

I'm wondering if this roundabout process with so many documents, translations, notaries, etc., is usual in the countryside. In Bangkok, our khet didn't need much. Very straightforward but, yes, years ago. My only worry is losing yellow book & pink card & having to replace them. Might not be so easy now.

I got my first one in Kok Samrong, Lopburi`. No problem, no fee. My wife, her parents, 1 hour in and out. 

Replacement is easy. 

Only problem I had was when moving to a new province, needed a letter from the previous townhouse to give the new one. When I was changed to the blue housebook, this letter was not needed. 

11 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I did this 4 years ago and no mention of 15 days.

2 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

A friend in Pattaya paid 20000 to get his yellow tabian baan.

Why? To save the 300 baht extortion fee for letter of residence, to show every 5 years to renew DL?

The only reason I got a yellow housebook was to apply for the blue house book. I really can't see why people bother with it. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 1:44 PM, CharlieH said:

Alot of things done "years ago" are not the same in the ever shifting sands of Thai red tape etc.

How true, I remember my first driving license, went to the photo copy shop across the road from the centre where for 100 THb service charge the lady would get her sister who worked in the centre to do everything for me. Very painless.......

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why? To save the 300 baht extortion fee for letter of residence, to show every 5 years to renew DL?

The only reason I got a yellow housebook was to apply for the blue house book. I really can't see why people bother with it. 

• There is one more thing you have to take into account. Without a yellow book you will have to pay property tax ????
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I did this 4 years ago and no mention of 15 days.

Did you get a letter from your previous address (amphoe) ?     

Or did you just show up at your new amphoe with your yellow book and inform them

that you now have moved ?    And they just added new address to your book on next page?

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

Did you get a letter from your previous address (amphoe) ?     

Or did you just show up at your new amphoe with your yellow book and inform them

that you now have moved ?    And they just added new address to your book on next page?

I went to the town house in Khon Kaen with no letter and they made me go to Lopburi to get it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The owner should of already had one that could be transferred to you but you name would not be in it.

Do you mean the old owner just gives it to the new owner? 

Or is there a transfer procedure to be followed, with stamps,  signature and photocopies, at the amphur or wherever? 

Anybody can comfirm this?

I never heard of this

You have to prove with the yellow book that you stay in your own condo otherwise you will have to pay property tax. I am too lazy to get the yellow book (too much work for my taste) and so I pay. At the moment it is not a bigger amount because of the Covid discount. But this discount might sadly not be there after this year anymore. And it also gets on my nerves to go to the City Hall here in Pattaya for the payment every year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I too am going through a horror story trying to get a yellow house book in Pattaya. It was quite odd in City Hall, although I was applying for the yellow book, staff only talked to me in English for about 10 seconds, 99% of the conversations were in Thai with my 2 Thai witnesses. Here is my story so far. Currently waiting for the "big boss" meeting.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1208426-yellow-book-requirements-by-pattaya-city-hall/

• Like 1