Spare a thought for an injured member

colinneil

Sorry to hear this...  Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery BlueSofa... 

News such as this certainly gives me pause for thought when considering to go out on a bike ride. 

It also gives me pause to thought as to how I ride and wonder with each and every situation what could be done to avoid an incident. We can’t protect ourselves from everything other than wrap ourselves up in cotton wool...  

This is clearly not the place for a ‘how to avoid’... ‘it wouldn’t have happened if’ kind of debate... BUT, the other threads about how to ride etc offer some good advice (when a sanctimonious few don’t spoil it)...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Udon Thani hospital.

Ok, must be a local member who can help out with the phone charger situation, but probably taken care of by now.

Hope he gets well treated and pleasantly distracted by some nursing eye candy!

• Like 1

Get well soon,

It's not funny getting rear ended on ya bike the only accident I have had in Thailand was the same, when the car hits you your hand is on the accelerator it just capitulates you I was heading straight for a concrete wall I managed to stop the bike just before the wall but I did come of it, not to much damage

Rear ended and a damaged member . . OUCH!!! . . you have my deepest sympathy mate. I, having once trapped my member in my zipper, I know what it feels like. For me, It necessitated an embarrassing visit to the hospital wearing my girlfriends skirt over my my jeans in an unsuccessful attempt to hide the said protruding member. Minor surgery was performed by rather amused medical staff and all ended well. I learned a very valuable lesson that day. I will never wear those zip-up boots again!!! Get Well Soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ImageDude said:

Rear ended and a damaged member . . OUCH!!! . . you have my deepest sympathy mate. I, having once trapped my member in my zipper, I know what it feels like. For me, It necessitated an embarrassing visit to the hospital wearing my girlfriends skirt over my my jeans in an unsuccessful attempt to hide the said protruding member. Minor surgery was performed by rather amused medical staff and all ended well. I learned a very valuable lesson that day. I will never wear those zip-up boots again!!! Get Well Soon.

"A fly in your snag or a snag in your fly" is what my Mum used to say!

Get well soon Bluesofa. 

Many of my friends over 60 have quit driving altogether here.  Grab, Bolt, buses, songthaews.  Of course walking is a great exercise also.  I chose a locale where this is all possible, because I simply didn't want or need the hassle of owning, maintaining, and parking vehicle again.  

If retired, remember there is no "hurry" in your life.  Safety is most important, and you just cannot control how others around you are going to drive.     

• Like 1