When will foreigners get the vaccine? (Retirement visas, etc.)

cubism001

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:
4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Nothing new in that. MMR is a vaccine for 3 different viruses, far less mutations.

Quite amazing how covid has highlighted people's general ignorance in respect of vaccine history. Where would we be if there hadn't been the mass vaccination schemes in the 50's.

IMO much healthier.

Translation :    I agree       i agree       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Op,

If you are a resident, then dammit man, say resident! 

Why would you say Foreigners? 

If you want an inoculation,  don't put your hand out.... as if your entitled. 

Did you make the decision to receive the current serums available?  

Did you make a choice of which brand or how many? 

Do you have a regular physician to consult with to help you make a cognitive decision?

Im ashamed that you would be so brazen to even ask this on a forum. 

Does the term lemming have any meaning to your own self esteem? 

Pick up the phone, and call your doctor, for crying out loud. 

Op,

Do you have a regular physician to consult with to help you make a cognitive decision?

On 3/14/2021 at 10:51 PM, internationalism said:

some patients did receive mails from private hospitals, if they are interested in jab. 

Hmmm. That's worth a trip down the block to CM Ram. I'm registered w/ them.  Thanks.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:24 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

do you get a special visa for that? 

geez. All I had to do was fill out a few forms, get a bank letter, pay a small fee, get a photo or 2...

I'm still reeling (somewhat) from dealing w/ the CEO, the Ecuadorian govt, the Peruvian govt., the Thai govt., the US govt, unending forms, money, tests, tests, tests, translations, airlines demanding new tickets, personnel blocking the door to the plane OUT, etc. Quarantine was a snap. But iIt took awhile to figure out which visa to get & how. I'm a peace-loving introvert; this is very weird

On 3/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

Move to here.

If seen very little info about when they will be available.

The best option may be to get them at private hospitals that are working on ordering the vaccines now.

Thank you. I'll drop by CM Ram in the morning

6 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

Thank you. I'll drop by CM Ram in the morning

No hospital has received authorization to import - much less has.  PM did say yesterday that process needed to be speeded up and not blocked, as it is now, so perhaps there is some hope that it may be weeks rather than months if you can foot the bill.  

At any rate it seems to be better here than Philippines where they are going back into a semi-lockdown it seems.  Arrivals limited to 1,500 per day in Manila and many people not keen on having a shot even if available from recent report.

Edited by lopburi3

On 3/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, CM Dad said:

What vaccine?  Thailand has yet to acquire any viable vaccines.  Personally, I would not take either Sinovac or AstraZenica as neither have been proven effective for those above the age of 65.  AstraZenica has also recently been shown to have several undesirable issues.  I would feel much safer taking the Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J vaccines.

The AstraZeneca vaccine has not been "shown" to have several undesirable issues. Some countries (mostly in Europe) have suspended use of it because of concerns over a number of cases where people developed blood clots after receiving it.

However there is absolutely no evidence linking these blood clots to the AZ vaccine and indeed, the actual figures show that the rate of blood clotting problems (37 cases out of 17 million shots administered) is lower than what would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of that size.

As for getting the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines instead, you might want to rethink that - their rates of clotting are no different. For some inexplicable reason, that fact seems to be ignored by these countries.

According to the data, and as reported by the BBC, CBS and many other news sources:

The incidence of clotting [with the AstraZeneca vaccine] is similar to that seen with all vaccines, CBS News has found, including the Moderna and Pfizer formulas currently being used in the U.S.

AstraZeneca vaccine suspended over blood clot worries

There's no data yet that I'm aware of for the J&J vaccine because it's hardly been used anywhere yet.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

5 hours ago, cubism001 said:

But iIt took awhile to figure out which visa to get & how.

I lived for many yrs in an outlying province and had to fill out my own forms every year.. Imm was always helpful.. but in CM there are visa agents and they take all the pain out of the process... a great service. They will take care of all paperwork and you can ask them what type of visa you need.. 

pm me if you need an agent recommendation... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

5 hours ago, cubism001 said:

I'm still reeling (somewhat) from dealing w/ the CEO, the Ecuadorian govt, the Peruvian govt., the Thai govt., the US govt, unending forms, money, tests, tests, tests, translations, airlines demanding new tickets, personnel blocking the door to the plane OUT

You sound like Julian Assange's PA..

• Haha 1

For Brits, this is the UK Government advice page for those living in Thailand 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/coronavirus

QUOTE:

The Thai government has confirmed that vaccinations will be provided for everybody who is resident in Thailand. As information is available about the national vaccination programme in Thailand this page will be updated. 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, owl sees all said:

IMO much healthier.

Fortunately those around at the time took the more appropriate action.

The world is sick enough as it is, far less than every disease under the sun out of control.

On 3/16/2021 at 6:38 AM, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmmm...... i remember reading somewhere that soi dogs are more important than farangs in Thailand ?

That could be said.

The anti rabies vaccine  program got suspended with covid, but last week the local authority were giving out vaccine if you went and collected it. My wife went and picked up about 70 doses for our cats and dogs.

There are those on here that would say they should be vaccinated before the dogs and cats.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:24 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

I lived for many yrs in an outlying province and had to fill out my own forms every year.. Imm was always helpful.. but in CM there are visa agents and they take all the pain out of the process... a great service. They will take care of all paperwork and you can ask them what type of visa you need.. 

pm me if you need an agent recommendation... 

Thank you; I wasn't clear: I finally went to an agent who did everything & I'm done.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Trujillo said:

These might provide some insight. 

Rich nations vaccinating a person each second; what about others?

According to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Thailand should get "widespread vaccination coverage" by "late 2022." 

85 poor countries will not have access to coronavirus vaccines...

Pretty horrifying, but good information.  Thank you!

On 3/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, Bradmeister said:

Op,

Hello, pls note: Nowhere did I say 'free.'  Also, my word choice 'foreigners' would hopefully include all non-Thais living here, & some might not have established a permanent doctor yet (re: your last comment).

On 3/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, Moonlover said:

Why should it not be up to first world standards?

This is one of the countries that have SET the world standard for dealing with Covid 19.

he was talking about vax infrastructure, which indeed looks like non-existant in thailand. 

thailand has refused indian ambassador's offer, as they didn't want to upset chinese and the producer of thai astrazeneca.

from 200k doses (and from yesterday another 800k) they are giving, on an average, 2.5k jabs per day.

they rely heavily on AZ, which is risky. They get it overpriced, at $7.66 per dose (plus minimum $20 for the siam bioscience to build factory). 

if AZ has delays and below quality, they will have to buy more of emergency sinovac at dear 650b per vial. So far they were forced by circumstances to buy 2mln. Turns out they need fast another 5mln.