Pollution

Misab

Read a report from an International group earlier in the week (which disappeared the next day) that suggested most of the pollution in Chiang Mai at that time (the dirtiest city in the world) came from burning corn stubble.

In Thailand, what's a (a major) source of the bio-fuel that now degrades my diesel by 10%??

On 3/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, Moonlover said:

In our area, east of Sakon Nakhon, burning has been much reduced in recent years. More farmers have, or have access to a tractor now and plowing in is becoming the preferred option.

I walk the countryside almost daily and I rarely see a field being burnt off. 

I wonder if you have guide dog.

Air pollution now, at this moment in Sakon Nakhon  is 166 i.e. it must have been horrific before the r'reduction in recent years.

11 hours ago, Don Dunkelblum said:

I wonder if you have guide dog.

Air pollution now, at this moment in Sakon Nakhon  is 166 i.e. it must have been horrific before the r'reduction in recent years.

Yes, I do know that the air is not so good right now, but this has nothing to do with local burning habits. If you look at AQI's interactive map you'll see that there is air being drawn in from 3 directions  bringing pollution in with it. It was just the same last week before the storm and there could be one again tonight. I hope so.

I've lived here for 3 years now and walk in the countryside daily. I rarely have cause for complaint about the air here and can usually see the peaks of the Phu Pha Yol hills, 15kls away.

Guide dog is not necessary. ????

Air Quality Map