Thai PM gets first shot of AstraZeneca vaccine after safety scare

webfact

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Okaay... now what about the rest of us???

what about ... with a little bit of luck we will get the left overs   555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

i thought there was soposed to be a video of this event happening live > and how do we know if what he got was the AstraZeneca vaccine ,  could have been anything ,   

If it was real at least it might finish him off ????

Wow so 2 million doses of which some vaccines you need 2 for a country of what ? 70 million? With 61 million produced sometime after June? So still not even half the country. And I will refrain from discussing who is producing it or whether it's distribution will be free

Edited by starky

8 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

I hardly doubt it.

Just another massive over exaggeration from countries over absolutely nothing.

As I understood it, there were several batches which are in question. As for my place, 80% was already used anyways, b4 they reacted.

27 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Just as other countries have halted  AstraZeneca vaccine because of problems that have occurred in Europe.

TBH Europe is in a <deleted>show over their vacc programme and need a distraction, even their own EMA said the was no problem along with the WHO. The UK average number of blood clots has even gone down ! (not saying that was the vaccine) They are so messed up Italy has stopped using it but also won't allow any AZ to leave their Country to go to Aus, go figure.

9 hours ago, kotsak said:

Video/photos or it never happened ????

Videos and/or photos mean nothing.  The PM received a shot of something.  That is the only information that you can factually know by observation <period>

8 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

i thought there was soposed to be a video of this event happening live > and how do we know if what he got was the AstraZeneca vaccine ,  could have been anything ,   

It might even have been the real thing.

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

I have seen on tv (outside Thailand) special syringes which retract as one push on it as one applies it on the arm, it looks like the real thing but the needle does not not gets in!  

That's called a safety syringe and the needle retracts after the dose is given, so the unit can be safely disposed of without the risk of needle injuries.

https://www.medisupplies.co.uk/Syringes-Needles/Safety-Needles-Syringes/BD-Integra-Syringes-with-Retracting-Needles

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

wonder if Sodium pentothal was needed, to at least make him relax before the injection so he didn't scream like a baby.  

No, I and a few others want to hear the scream.

Our Leader told a newspaper: "I am an example today." Indeed he is, and has been for quite a long time..................................

6 hours ago, kotsak said:

Won the jackpot.. ????

image.png.2674e30d3f3ec37015122489c7e2e8c6.png

Great ...that’s what ill need to prove i got vaccinated to get the “vaccine passport “.   The CDC card will just not do 

The male nurse giving the vaccine looks as if he's looking to his left and not concentrating.

The PM's right hand is shaking.  Hope is not thinking a blood clot is on its way.

All are clapping and for what?

Another ridiculous photo shoot.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet if there was in fact a covid vaccine in that syringe, it was Sinovac. They will give the remaining Astrzenica to the poorest in the population to test it.

No way these AS5 clown's would take a chance like that with all the hype at the moment...

5 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

I am not sure what all the scaremongering in Europe is about I and millions of other have had this vaccine in the UK. 37 people out of 17 million have had a reaction..That is going to Happen with any Vaccine.

More importantly correlation is not causation.

There have been several deaths after vaccination, but being hit by a train is not as a result of vaccination.

There is no evidence that vaccines have caused blood clots or deaths.

Should the patients with blood clots be invested? Of course they should. Should deaths have a post-mortem or be autopsied? Absolutely.

will there be a relationship? Probably not, but we should wait until there is data.

I would be happy to have an Oxford AstraZeneca jab but here there will be no general vaccination until June. I am envious of the U.K. from that point.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, barney42bb said:

Just another cynical ploy by the EU to bash The UK for Brexit. Despite its own European Regulators,and WHO declaring it safe.

UK has 3 options.....and a 4th in September when the single shot has been approved.

UK and USA leading The World with The Vaccine Rollout.... Suck it up Mr Barnier.

Well somebody has to be the Guinea Pigs.