Bolstered by allies, Biden officials take blunt message to first China talks

webfact

Quote :

"China is using coercion and aggression to systematically erode autonomy in Hong Kong, undercut democracy in Taiwan, abuse human rights in Xinjiang and Tibet, and assert maritime claims in the South China Sea that violate international law," Blinken said 

"  The United States, Japan, India and Australia last week held a leaders' summit, pledging to cooperate on maritime, cyber, and economic security, issues vital to the four democracies in the face of challenges from China.  "    

PRC made some changes about Hong Kong in the past year.  PRC got the liberty to proceed and continue on further changes deemed necessary in the future.    All the warning and talk about Hong Kong made by  UK, USA, Australia, Canada etc are just irrelevant,      period. 

Taiwan had been operating independently for many decades and will continue for a while.   PRC is committed to take over Taiwan in future.  This is non-compromising from PRC point of view.   That day will come,  just when ??  

Last week a top USA General Commander mentioned possibly military take-over in the next 6 years.   Why he mentioned 6 years,  why not 5 or 10 ?    PRC government administration is 5 years each term.  Chairman Xi had been at the top post for about 8-8.5 years so far.   Xi will likely be there for 15 years in total  ( Think that will be the limit for his health reason ).    So there could be  6.5-7.0 years remaining under Xi .   That is why this USA General estimated 6 year time frame.  

My guess is within the next 15 years. 

Quote  :     "  The United States, Japan, India and Australia last week held a leaders' summit, pledging to cooperate on maritime, cyber, and economic security, issues vital to the four democracies in the face of challenges from China.  " 

About QUAD,  what was the news coming Virtual 4-nation Conference days ago  ?  It was about 1 billion vaccines to be available.  

The Reality is more like this ...... 

Australia will side with USA.     Japan will side with USA and side with $$$ too. 

India will side with Indian own agenda. 

This face-to-face Alaska meeting on March 18, 2021 is gathering under a NEW USA administration and attended by new face representing USA.    It is necessary and nothing else. 

Edited by sscc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not a fan of Biden, but if he can give the Chinese and Russians more than hot air, I'll start giving him more air time. But I fully expect nothing to happen other than blah blah blah and no action.

I echo that sentiment.  His administration is failing at the border, but maybe they can toughen up with China.  Remember, actions speak louder than words.

• Like 1

Scrolling through the TV comments, it seems the US is the bulwark of democracy. No thinking person likes what China is doing in Xinjiang, Tibet and Hong Kong but look what the US is doing in so many countries. So who's the aggressor, really.

We need to make friends, not enemies.

[Sent from my iPhone.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Scrolling through the TV comments, it seems the US is the bulwark of democracy. No thinking person likes what China is doing in Xinjiang, Tibet and Hong Kong but look what the US is doing in so many countries. So who's the aggressor, really.

We need to make friends, not enemies.

[Sent from my iPhone.]

Well Biden is making friends again with the EU, Japan and Canada. But given China's aggressive territorial ambitions, how do you make friends with them. Now it's going after Bhutan. 

No Sanctuary: China's New Territorial Dispute with Bhutan

https://www.fpri.org/article/2020/07/china-territorial-dispute-bhutan/

• Like 2

Well before the business attack if I can call it that on China by USA, I think all it does is alienate themselves from Asians. 

A lot of kids in our village in schools and colleges are learning Chinese the M one,  which they like better than learning American English. 

So I guess that shows Thailands position maybe.

Edited by Kwasaki

30 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

The Chinese lectured the USA on human rights abuses, and the Secretary of State apologized.

Biden threatens Putin.

Biden's 3 falls on Air Force One's stairs are blamed on the wind - yet the officer's hats stayed put.

The USA a is perceived as being weak by China, Russia, and the Mullahs.

The Chinese view the USA ruling class as being Baizuo: (White Liberal)

"Baizuo

Baizuo (pronounced "bye-tswaw) is a Chinese epithet meaning naive western educated person who advocates for peace and equality only to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority. A baizuo only cares about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment while being obsessed with political correctness to the extent that they import backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism.

The Chinese see the baizuo as ignorant and arrogant westerners who pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours."

Show a link proving that the Secretary of State apologized. Otherwise, recant.

What a bizarre post.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Well seems they didn't get off to a good start with China telling the US to solve its own human rights problem citing BLM etc. see @MSN https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinese-officials-suggest-the-us-should-handle-its-own-human-rights-problems-and-not-meddle-in-chinas-affairs/ar-BB1eJPU0?li=BBnb7Kz

The US does have issues with human rights. But it pales in comparison to China's. If you've spent a lot of time there you'd understand.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1