Woman dies after head run over by van

webfact

1616039676_1-org.jpg
The dashcam footage showed Ms Dueanpen veering lightly into the left side of the van before falling from the motorbike. Image: Eakkapop Thongtub

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 49-year-old woman from Phang Nga died after she fell from her motorbike and her head was run over by a van at a busy intersection on the outskirts of Phuket Town yesterday evening (Mar 17).

Capt Wichit Nokkaew of the Phuket City Police was called to the scene, the locally named ‘Kwang Tung intersection’ in Wichit (see map below), at about 7pm.

Police together with Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived to find the body of Dueanpen Leesakul on the road in the middle of the intersection.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-dies-after-head-run-over-by-van-79380.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-18

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

No problem. I'm just the fall guy, looking after the safety of the other members.
Yer can't keep a good man down (not for long anyway).

Time for a hot air balloon so you can fly above it all BS

• Like 1

A good quality full face helmet will easily withstand being run over by a van or car. Not so sure about how the neck would take it.  In Thailand most people cannot afford a good helmet and buy rubbish for under 1000 B.

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A witness called the police and reported me not as a casualty, but as a fatality.

and were you? It's not unknown, happened a couple of millennia ago!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grusa said:
7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A witness called the police and reported me not as a casualty, but as a fatality.

and were you? It's not unknown, happened a couple of millennia ago!

Definitely. I'm writing this from beyond the grave.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The dashcam footage showed that Ms Dueanpen was wearing a helmet at the time.

A 300 baht plastic helmet bought at Big C does not give you much protection, nobody here can afford a real helmet. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I had the same thing happen to me about fifteen years ago.
A motorbike behind me clipped my motorbike which knocked me off and into the next lane. A pick-up truck hit my head.
I kept the helmet, which had black rubber tyre-marks on one side and white scratches on the other side, from the concrete road.
Neither the motorbike nor the pick-up stopped. A witness called the police and reported me not as a casualty, but as a fatality.

Are you posting from the other side ??