Putin offers Biden public talks after U.S. president says he thinks he is a killer

webfact

16 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummmm....Iraq had just invaded Kuwait.

Not in 2003 they hadn't.

16 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

An ally of the U.S.

As was Iraq before then. Takes us back to the "kings of propaganda" issue. Saddam may have been a brutal dictator but until the invasion of Kuwait he was "our dictator" useful to the West, after the invasion the western propaganda machine kicked in and suddenly he was worse than Hitler.

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

They were burning oil wells and slaughtering civilians.

They didn't fire up the oil wells until they got their backsides handed to them. Not sure where the "slaughtering civilians" comes from either, bit over the top exaggeration and sounds like propaganda to me.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummmm....Iraq had just invaded Kuwait. An ally of the U.S. They were burning oil wells and slaughtering civilians. Libya killed quite a few Americans in the PanAm bombing.

Your really grasping here. ????

Sorry, chum, you've got the wrong war. You are in 1991, when the Americans actually encouraged Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait!!!!

But no problem, your president makes gaffes, why not you?!!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Sorry, chum, you've got the wrong war. You are in 1991, when the Americans actually encouraged Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait!!!!

Yeah. Sorry. Shouldn't post while I'm in the car picking up remains to be shipped back home. My heads a bit messed up. Apologies.

But thanks for the polite comments. It's appreciated.

11 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

That my friend is a lie.

There are thousands of videos on Youtube and other streaming sites which show prior to about 2015 Biden was actually an excellent speaker. Fast witted, and not even the slightest whiff of a stutter. For decades and decades and decades, no trace of this lame stutter excuse for Biden's inability to speak. Why now? Are you admitting the obvious without realizing it?

Putin would make him look a total fool, which is why Biden is running from the challenge. Note to Biden, next time you run your mouth off make sure you have the ability to back it up if you get called out. How embarrassing it is to see him unable to engage with other world leaders like this.

Boy you are making some big calls here. There are two points to what I said - one is that he is a bit elderly and one that he has suffered a stutter. I did not deny that he may have slowed down a bit due to age in recent years.

In addition he has a certain hesitancy in the way he speaks - it can make watching him a bit uncomfortable at times- but that comes from his former stutter - in his recent interview with George Stephanopolos he did stutter at one point.  So no lie thanks.

He was written off in the election campaign but did well, but not perfect,  in debates and has done well in countless interviews including the recent one above.

If someone is a bit slower it can be an asset in that they can give a more considered response. It is a pity you focus on superficialities instead of the content of what he says.

I don't think a murderous dictator could make anyone look like a fool in a debate. Biden is not like Trump who appeared to feel a kinship with his kind.

You did not dispute other things I said so it is good to see you concur.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Post with no reference to source has been removed.

If you are going to cut n paste content please include a link to its original source.

Also a reminder for members to be aware of this forum rule:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

3 hours ago, blazes said:

You're confused. It was the Iran-Iraq War that won US support for Saddam. At least after Saddam found himself in trouble.   But that's OK. Compared to the number and size of gaffes that Donald Trump made, you've got a long way to go to be in his league. Still, it's a pretty big one.

22 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

established? customary? more useless than anything and all it's done is push Russian and China closer to every countries detriment..

Think you still reminisce Trump’s US and Russia close ties. Trump gone and a new sheriff in town who is not beholden to Putin. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Grammar
  • Like 2