After fiery start, U.S. officials conclude 'tough' talks with China in Alaska

rooster59

The CCP has no interest or intention of cooperation or negotiation. Those words are only in their dictionary with respect to how other nations should deal with them. 

Their entire goal is clear. They seek only to bloviate, obfuscate, procrastinate, constipate, denigrate, innervate, decimate, and ultimately to dominate any  discussions. 

The CCP represents a clear and present danger to every country on the planet as well as its own citizenry. The sooner this becomes international  consensus the sooner China can find a useful place in international affairs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Imagine the World if the USA became isolationist. She has told China, and Russia, stay out of North America - but the rest of the world is yours to do with as you wish.

The USA haters, the EU Anti-Trumpers, et al will soon learn that their Leftist ideologies will not save them. Eventually, they will be begging the USA for help.

The aforementioned powers are not run by simpletons; consequently, they will not do anything similar to the "Bombing of Pearl Harbor", but they will test Biden because he is viewed as a weakling who gained power by indoctrinating the American public with repetitive lies.

Biden reminds me of Neville Chamberlain. He thinks that if we appease China, Russia, and the Mullahs, then all will be fine. Perhaps of greater concern is that there are no longer any Churchillian figures in the USA. Trump undid Obama's appeasement of Russia and China - and look what the Far Left did to him.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-hanson-china-russia-us-triangle-1011-20181010-story.html

Oh dear. What hope for humanity?

29 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

you really think they're joining forces and spending billions to hit a golf ball? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if some application towards weaponry is involved..

That logic was valid in the 1960's.  Today, not so much.  There are far more cost-effective ways to develop and deploy weapons, on Earth and in space, than by going to the moon.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That logic was valid in the 1960's.  Today, not so much.  There are far more cost-effective ways to develop and deploy weapons, on Earth and in space, than by going to the moon.

it's just not 'going' like the Americans did, it's the establishment of a base - 

https://www.theweek.co.uk/952216/russia-china-deal-moon-base-race

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Pass the $1.9 trillion covid relief bill, send two carrier strike groups for exercises in the South China Sea, undo a lot of Trump executive orders...

Biden didn't pass anything, congress did.  9% of which is Covid relief, the rest is pork- a lot of it not scheduled to be spent for years.  On the SCS, he's only continuing the policies of Trump, and have a look at the streams of migrants wearing "Biden, let us in" T- shirts to see what undoing a lot of Trump's executive orders has accomplished.  On average, 10% of them are testing positive for Covid once they're in the USA.  In some areas and batches, it's up to 50%.  Job well done, Joe!

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Biden didn't pass anything, congress did.  9% of which is Covid relief, the rest is pork- a lot of it not scheduled to be spent for years.  On the SCS, he's only continuing the policies of Trump, and have a look at the streams of migrants wearing "Biden, let us in" T- shirts to see what undoing a lot of Trump's executive orders has accomplished.

Sure, the White House plays no part in getting legislation enacted. Do you have any knowledge of all about how major bills get proposed and crafted in the USA?  It wasn't the White House that was the architect of the legislation? Biden wasn't engaged in negotiations with Congress?

But if you're correct, does this mean that Trump should get no credit for legislation passed during his administration? Is that your way of saying that all the bad legislation that was enacted during his term wasn't his fault?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Biden didn't pass anything, congress did.  9% of which is Covid relief, the rest is pork- a lot of it not scheduled to be spent for years.  On the SCS, he's only continuing the policies of Trump, and have a look at the streams of migrants wearing "Biden, let us in" T- shirts to see what undoing a lot of Trump's executive orders has accomplished.  On average, 10% of them are testing positive for Covid once they're in the USA.  In some areas and batches, it's up to 50%.  Job well done, Joe!

Right, and Trump didn't pass a tax cut, Congress did.  Trump didn't cause an economic recovery, it began under Obama, Etc. 

Trump never confronted China with two carrier task forces in the South China Sea.  So much for claims that Biden would be weak when confronted by China.

I never considered illegal immigration to be a threat to the US, so I'm in favor of a more humane policy on the border.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:05 AM, ctxa said:

Then you must have got one out of some rural village. (Dongbei area perhaps?) 

After many times with her in Europe, and now two years living here in Bangkok... Mine is super nationalist and patriotic, far more than I could ever feel towards my home country. And keep in mind, that I was raised in the center of a militaries/politicians family in Europe.... so if anyone should be patriotic and nationalist that should be me, but nothing in comparison to her ????

Tbh sometimes I couldn't care less about my own country. Sometimes I see Brits bashing Spain (my home country) on Gibraltar, and I just pretend I didn't see it. Other times I see someone bashing China, and I jump right into bashing back, even if it's not even my country!!! I guess countries are just like friends, when somebody is good to you and gives you chances, you defend them. Otherwise you couldn't care less, regardless of who is on the right side and who is on the wrong side... 

Worse than that she is out of Sichuan.  Way out of.  The thing is that I am not saying that she isn't nationalistic nor patriotic (most Chinese are very much so; they love China) it is just that she abhors the CCP thugs.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, Benmart said:

A good read until, "...as the result of lazy, ignorant British foreigners...". Your credibility vanished after that.

at the time it was lazy, ignorant British foreigners, as they were the ones that colonised Myanmar and called it Burma.

• Sad 1