Dee Money V Wise

With "Wise" it is better to transfer funds to their UK bank account from your  bank I believe there is a higher  charge for using your debit card.  They have better rates than Dee IMHO.  Dee seems to allow transfers from Thailand to other countries.

Easy to compare "Wise" rates and charges versus your bank or other transferring apps before committing

If you use this invite you get your first transfer up to £500 free

FYI I get a bonus if 3 people sign up from my link I am currently donating all my bonuses to the local bowling club green renovation fund here In Phuket

https://wise.com/invite/u/robertk160

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Your remitting  bank debit card.

Hi Pib  Hope you can help me understand when I tried to transfer GBP to my Thai bank with ' Wise ' clicking on debit card using my computer because I bottled out after ' Wise ' directed me entering a page for UK bank using my secure key a page came up with details of transfer.

My bank wrote be careful about fraud etc and I checked the bank details were correct for my Bkk bank account.

But this is where I felt wary, It wants money sending to bank code  23-14-70  is that Transferwise.?  and   A/C No.  54518782. there was another below No. pisp 227917807 

My bank page also said I can make more secure but it wanted me to download an 'app' on my phone and do things that seemed too complicated for me, do I really need to do that as well.?.

At the bottom of page I could click and money would be sent to Transferwise was that all I really needed to do..

I didn't do anything and just cancelled.

In my case, I have a Wise Borderless account, with a sort code and number for a UK account, also a EUR and USD and THB account.

I simply transfer GBP to that UK Borderless account via online banking or debit/credit card from my Nationwide account which recieves my UK pension and other incomes. I then convert some of those GBP into THB each week for a very small charge, whenever the rate is good, until I have enough THB to send to my Bkk Bank on 1st of each month, stating that the purpose is for long stay in Thailand. It usually arrives next day into my Bkk Bank as an FTT. I can also use that debit card here to buy things in THB if my balance is sufficient.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hi Pib  Hope you can help me understand when I tried to transfer GBP to my Thai bank with ' Wise ' clicking on debit card using my computer because I bottled out after ' Wise ' directed me entering a page for UK bank using my secure key a page came up with details of transfer.

My bank wrote be careful about fraud etc and I checked the bank details were correct for my Bkk bank account.

But this is where I felt wary, It wants money sending to bank code  23-14-70  is that Transferwise.?  and   A/C No.  54518782. there was another below No. pisp 227917807 

My bank page also said I can make more secure but it wanted me to download an 'app' on my phone and do things that seemed too complicated for me, do I really need to do that as well.?.

At the bottom of page I could click and money would be sent to Transferwise was that all I really needed to do..

I didn't do anything and just cancelled.

The 23-14-70 is Wises' sort code and I guess the 54518782 is a general account. The 227917807 is your personal number at Wise. 

The phone app is a method of second security, and a code will be sent to that phone number to enable you to use the PC app. They are looking after YOUR money.

I personally find the app very easy to use.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

The 23-14-70 is Wises' sort code and I guess the 54518782 is a general account. The 227917807 is your personal number at Wise. 

The phone app is a method of second security, and a code will be sent to that phone number to enable you to use the PC app. They are looking after YOUR money.

I personally find the app very easy to use.

Thanks for that,   its just I find phone tech difficult with my fat fingers and mess up just touching something and it all goes haywire. 

That's why I stick with my computer and wanted to know if I can just go ahead with the transaction page without using the phone app thingy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for that,   its just I find phone tech difficult with my fat fingers and mess up just touching something and it all goes haywire. 

That's why I stick with my computer and wanted to know if I can just go ahead with the transaction page without using the phone app thingy. 

From what I have read here and on Wise.com it is not a problem to do it on your computer in fact probably easier as you can bring up a separate page when Wise provide their transfer info for you to then do the bank transfer.

I also have dumb fingers and can barely see apps on a mobile.????

Edited by Thailand
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

From what I have read here and on Wise.com it is not a problem to do it on your computer in fact probably easier as you can bring up a separate page when Wise provide their transfer info for you to then do the bank transfer.

I also have dumb fingers and can barely see apps on a mobile.????

OK thanks to you I think will try a smaller amount and see if it arrives.