Thailand reports huge surge in COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

46 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't think Thai people need a test. 

Yes Thai people need a test, the Thai man I was on the mini van with going from the airport to our Assigned State Quarantine hotel said he missed the first flight he was booked on. He lived in a remote area of the USA and the test results takes longer. By the time he got to a major center the  72 hours was up. His test was overdue by 3 minutes. He had to be tested again and take a later flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POUNPOUI said:

Hello from Switzerland. I was in quarantine from 11 to 26 January in BKK. 

Of the new cases, 337 were local transmissions, while 18 were imported from people entering quarantine. 46 others were found from  contact tracing.

It's strange that there is 18 people new covid-19 when entering quarantine, because if you travel by plane from other countries YOU MUST have RT-PCR covid-19 test NEGATIVE.

No Thai Nationals have a Covid test before flying, if they are going to stay in Gov't state quarantine.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Chernsarmkhuat said:

Yes Thai people need a test

No they don't, from the perspective of the Thai government. Airlines can, and do, impose their own rules on top of government rules which I assume is the case in the example you gave.

7 minutes ago, Marvo said:

No Thai Nationals have a Covid test before flying, if they are going to stay in Gov't state quarantine.

Since when? They've only ever needed a fit to fly as far as I'm aware and if so, why would they "remove" the requirement from 1st of April:

979725824_162521522_298282421658028_1902131046281936082_n-jpg-509720-.png.46879ab1e287f793658fbcb753f30ee7.png

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm sick and tired of all you Thai bashers, its all under control, honest!!! ???? giving happiness to the people.................

what an extreme cynical post. you seem delighted that thailand has a surge of covid cases.

thailand was, is, and will be doing very well controling this crisis. europe currently lockdowns everywhere. america? crazy <deleted>hole country 4000 ppl death a day.

you are enjoying the good situation here in thailand yet instead of positive words you make fun of thai people getting covid.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, JackGats said:

Suan Plu, ie the IDC. Cramped conditions to say the least. Would have been a good idea to give everyone there a jab of Chinese vaccine some months ago. Now it's too late.

OK, chicken little, the sky isn't falling, the vaccine is here, it's not gonna be the end of the world. Monday morning quarterbacking doesn't help. Did you have the playbook for this before it happened? No one else did either, so people have mostly been doing the best they can with something the likes of which haven't been seen in 100 years or more. Accidents happen, mistakes get made. We're human beings, remember? Fallible. Count your blessings and be well

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

what an extreme cynical post. you seem delighted that thailand has a surge of covid cases.

thailand was, is, and will be doing very well controling this crisis. europe currently lockdowns everywhere. america? crazy <deleted>hole country 4000 ppl death a day.

you are enjoying the good situation here in thailand yet instead of positive words you make fun of thai people getting covid.

lets put it simple, you and people like you disgust me. go. back. to yuur own covid infested home country.

USA is less than 1,000 deaths per day...just to keep things factual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm sick and tired of all you Thai bashers, its all under control, honest!!! ???? giving happiness to the people.................

From next Monday against the law in the UK to leave these shores except for valid reason (work or family) £5k fine if caught leaving the country for any other reason. This in force until July then review.... Won't be many farangs travelling from these shores for Songkran 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand reported 401 new COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, a huge surge in new cases compared to previous weeks.

Not mentioned in this post, from an illegal party in Thailand as reported in today's Cambodian press:-

"Ten Cambodian migrant workers who attended an illegal party tested positive for COVID-19, sparking a new outbreak at Samut Prakan in Thailand. ........ the initial carrier was a 29-year-old worker from Myanmar............ to test migrant workers at camps on Soi Sukhumvit 107 and 117 and found 16 more infected workers – 10 Cambodians, two from Myanmar and four Thais."

reference: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50828612/illegal-party-infects-10-khmers-new-thailand-outbreak/

10 minutes ago, DLock said:

USA is less than 1,000 deaths per day...just to keep things factual.

So based on that if they can control it within 6 months, then only a toss away of 182,500 die. That is way too many for something that should have never came to life circling the globe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Show me where I made fun of Thai people getting covid? Is that simple enough for you? Perhaps a touch of humour is beyond you.

Now let me get back to enjoying myself in the land of smiles, waiting for my vaccine in the excellent plan they have and where they have everything under control. 

I had to read your post twice before I got the gist. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dogfish180 said:

0.04% Doesn't look so deadly like that though, does it?!!!

It reminds me of this book "How to lie with numbers" this known celebrity (who's name I can't remember, clearly) recommended reading once...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Superlight said:

28,277 cases   92 deaths  or 1 in 307  and of that 92 how many were actually due to Covid. What with air quality, diabetes, and natural causes I fail to appreciate this is remotely serious. I would suggest the restrictions both in Thailand and worldwide have posed a much greater danger and loss of life.

I would gather that until you have a person you know or loved one die, or even perhaps you getting a bite from it that you will never recognize how severe it is. For me I take it serious as I never ever want to get to any of the 3 points I mentioned. But I do think I had it already last February.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sheryl,

I believe many of us pointed out this exact issue possibly occurring due to the crowding within these locations quite awhile ago.  It is a wonder that the prisons themselves have not had greater number of cases but then if they are not checking them then who really knows what the viral load is within those walls.  

the IDCs are a special risk since they, by definition, contain foreigners including a number who entered illegally bypassing COE/COVID test etc

What I don't know is whether they have been doing routine COVID testing upon arrival at IDC and keeping people isolated until results are in. This last probably not and hence the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noone223 said:

You know what makes a dog territorial?
the minute he pees on a tree, he believes its his land.

The Thai people nor the ex pat  community simply don't want the virus here. We don't have universal health care. Please respect that.

Sincerely 

Morris 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2