EURO 2020

stament

6 hours ago, stament said:

yes for me it wasn't a pen.  However, we deserve a bit of luck after Lampard's ghost goal, disallowed Campbell headers and the Hand of God having cost us in major tournaments.  It was about time England got the rub of the green.  I think on the balance of play England deserved it but not via that penalty.    

Big respect to the Danes.

I actually agree, England played better than Denmark. Still this team of overpaid girl-bashers, insider betting, gangbang covid orgy having, man-bun wearing, headband wearing clowns could not score against a depleted Denmark in regular time.

At this point one has to say every single team that was in the semi-finals and beyond got there with luck. That goes for Italy as well, of course.

Overall England were the better team , even if the penalty was a bit lucky. 

Italy need to play at their very best to beat you, that's for sure.   But as a neutral will not complain if we'll get penalties in the end.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

I actually agree, England played better than Denmark. Still this team of overpaid girl-bashers, insider betting, gangbang covid orgy having, man-bun wearing, headband wearing clowns could not score against a depleted Denmark in regular time.

At this point one has to say every single team that was in the semi-finals and beyond got there with luck. That goes for Italy as well, of course.

so if all 4 were unlucky to make the semis, who were the 4 unlucky teams exactly? - Turkey, Wales maybe?  Do tell.

37 minutes ago, stament said:

so if all 4 were unlucky to make the semis, who were the 4 unlucky teams exactly? - Turkey, Wales maybe?  Do tell.

Obviously both finalists were lucky to go through, England with that help from the referee, Italy on penalities. You can indeed take it further, every single team that was in the semi-finals was lucky to be there.

Spain, went through on penalties against Switzerland. Italy were very lucky de Bruyne and Eden Hazard were both injured and still only went through with a single goal (though admittedly played better). Denmark was lucky to be there at all, having lost two games in group stages. England was lucky to get the weakest draw of all, Ukraine <deleted>.

I thought Wales played very well, except for the last two games. Turkey was terrible.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, wilai said:

Foden doubtful for the final with a knock. Didn't train today afaik.

He seems to have fallen in  the pecking order behind Saka although made an impact against Denmark. Useful guy to bring on against tired legs. 

I see the loonies are out, hanging from lamposts, etc. Won't be long before their crashing through the tops of bus shelters, falling drunkenly over balustrades.  Actually, probably did well to keep them restrained for so long.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9777235/Euro-2020-England-fans-share-nerves-ahead-Three-Lions-final-55-years.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I see the loonies are out, hanging from lamposts, etc. Won't be long before their crashing through the tops of bus shelters, falling drunkenly over balustrades.  Actually, probably did well to keep them restrained for so long.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9777235/Euro-2020-England-fans-share-nerves-ahead-Three-Lions-final-55-years.html

But they have suffered 55 years of hurt  ...  even though they are mostly aged between 18 and 25. Remarkable.