EURO 2020

stament

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How should England line up taking in to account 4 players are on yellow cards and could miss the semi's if we win the next game?

A German ref who is not averse to showing cards. What could possibly go wrong?????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, Mike West said:

So, the fans and the players ALL live at the stadium now?. ????????????????????????????????????????????????
YOU WILL LOSE. your team in the biggest embarrassment in the history of football. 

Mike West

LAST VISITED

Tuesday at 07:01 PM

Mike , you can come back, we've all forgotten about it now 

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2021 at 1:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect Mike West will only return to this thread now if England lose any of their upcoming games or the final if the boys play well enough to get there.

As Gary Linker mentioned in his post match comments...... if only there were a German word for ’Schadenfreude’ !!

I'm really starting to get worried now. Mike hasn't been seen since tuesday. I'll send out a search party.....straight.......away.....right after...........I've washed my car...........next month

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, Mike West said:

Germany WILL thrash Smingland 

Mike West are you actually Jack Hna the guy who predicted that Manchester United would be relegated last season and OGS fired ? Just wondering, similar thought process.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm really starting to get worried now. Mike hasn't been seen since tuesday. I'll send out a search party.....straight.......away.....right after...........I've washed my car...........next month

If I were him I would get a new email account and VPN and join under another name......not that anyone does that.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wilai said:

NOT a good night for Chocolatiers!????

Didn't get to watch the Belgium V Italy game but watched the Swiss V Spain. Spain scraped through on penalties and overall didn't impress. I think Bobby Mancs Italy will do them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, josthomz said:

Well, anything could happen in Italy V. Spain 

But when it comes to Switzerland they were pretty strong this year. They managed to completely 'rape' France which were considered by many the favorites.

Yeah. Not trying to take anything away from the Swiss. Excellent achievement. Just saying that I haven't been impressed with Spain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah. Not trying to take anything away from the Swiss. Excellent achievement. Just saying that I haven't been impressed with Spain.

Can’t see Italy having too many problems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stament said:

I fancy England to win by 2 goals (2-0 most likely or 3-1) and think Denmark will be too good for the Czechs.

Nah West Han will beat the Danes. 

If England go for the jugular they should win. 

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Nah West Han will beat the Danes. 

If England go for the jugular they should win. 

Unusually comfortable.....

Roll on Wednesday.

Where's Mike West now? Drowning his sorrows? ????????????

Edited by stament

England player ratings: Luke Shaw outstanding and Raheem Sterling shines vs Ukraine

England progressed to the semi-finals of Euro 2020 with a memorable 4-0 victory in Rome. There were heroes all over the pitch with a number of Manchester-based players shining...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/england-player-ratings-ukraine-sterling-20963852

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

England player ratings: Luke Shaw outstanding and Raheem Sterling shines vs Ukraine

England progressed to the semi-finals of Euro 2020 with a memorable 4-0 victory in Rome. There were heroes all over the pitch with a number of Manchester-based players shining...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/england-player-ratings-ukraine-sterling-20963852

Shaw has been excellent so far. Surely Jose can't criticise him now, can he?

Just now, stament said:

Shaw has been excellent so far. Surely Jose can't criticise him now, can he?

So onto Wembley and Denmark. I'm confident but not over confident. I think we gain a slim win against a very capable Denmark team who will prove a much stiffer challenge than Ukraine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stament said:

So onto Wembley and Denmark. I'm confident but not over confident. I think we gain a slim win against a very capable Denmark team who will prove a much stiffer challenge than Ukraine.

Played Denmark twice lost one and drew one I think

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Played Denmark twice lost one and drew one I think

Not including friendlies, we've played them a lot more than that haven't we?

I remember in the early 80's being in Denmark, just outside Copenhagen. At the time I had a Danish girlfriend and we were at her parents house. Denmark beat us at home. Boy they gave me grief for that. We've played them several times since then haven't we?

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I remember in the early 80's being in Denmark, just outside Copenhagen. At the time I had a Danish girlfriend and we were at her parents house. Denmark beat us at home. Boy they gave me grief for that. We've played them several times since then haven't we?

I was meaning in the last 18 months

Games won:12

Games drawn:5

Games lost:4

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

he was referring to the recent games in the nations league, drew one and lost one

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He has been class, but if you watched him this season you wouldn't be surprised.

I have and aren't.   Jose has issues with him not me, he was one of United's best players last season offering a lot going fwd.

• Like 1

Good luck England! 

Most probably England - Italy in the final.  And at Wembley, you will never get a better chance....     

Football's really coming home. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, balo said:

Good luck England! 

Most probably England - Italy in the final.  And at Wembley, you will never get a better chance....     

Football's really coming home. 

Fully agree Balo, now or NEVER!!!!

I also think Italy will make it, but who knows maybe it will be Spain v Denmark that's what makes football so interesting vs say F1 - everyone has a chance

• Like 2