Thai Visa agent legit?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

It's 100% legit. Your stamps are all in order.

Ignore the usual suspects that will be along to state otherwise. 

Just one recommendation. Always deal with an established agent. Some have many reviews along with established offices. 

Your last entry into Thailand was tourist visa, visa exempt,.....?

I'm currently on a normal tourist visa and on extension of it. Does it matter?

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Depends on what exactly you refer to. The stamps are legit (assuming the agent doesn't scam you), issued by Thai immigration and the correct data is in their system, but that's about everything that's legit.

I don't know for certain what paper trail it causes, but I assume the agent is providing fake documents (that show that you are volunteering somewhere, because you can only get a volunteer extension if you are actually volunteering), and the IO doesn't care about it.

Imho this is about on the same level as people who pay an agent to get a retirement extension without having the financials.

The chance that you will have problems with it is close to zero. But a crackdown could theoretically happen.

I see. So it's most likely legit and the "gray area" is with regards to the paperwork that handles and shows if I've actually done the volunteering that I should have?

How common is this practice? Are they more or less strict during Covid?

59 minutes ago, tonray said:

????

It's funny because you believe there is no such thing or because you think it's stupid I'm believing in it?

29 minutes ago, Gman1992 said:

I'm currently on a normal tourist visa and on extension of it. Does it matter?

I see. So it's most likely legit and the "gray area" is with regards to the paperwork that handles and shows if I've actually done the volunteering that I should have?

How common is this practice? Are they more or less strict during Covid?

It's funny because you believe there is no such thing or because you think it's stupid I'm believing in it?

It's funny because of the comic irony of someone elated because applying for a Volunteer visa actually requires no real volunteering.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What ambiguity? There isn't any.

To add I recall that it was forbidden  here to assist people with immigration matters using fraudulent methods.

It is against forum rules but rules are not being upheld anymore for some reason.

Edited by fishtank
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh the humanity!

It was actually a serious question.

I recall people coming on here looking for referrals to agents that could get them retirement extensions without having the funds and that not being OK.

This topic seems similar.

I know it was a serious question  it is against forum rules to give illegal advise.

Edited by fishtank
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Stop watching this guy, in most of his videos he gives out wrong information.

The story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-660104

These people offered faked documents for their clients to allow them to obtain an income statement from the Russian embassy, for a mere 2000 baht, not offering any share to immigration.

This is direct competition to the common agent scheme where Immigration gets most of the money, thus they were arrested.

Thank you for your expert analysis of which kinds of immigration fraud are Kosher and which are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You are welcome. In general it's very easy to decide, the question is "Does Immigration get a share?"

If they get their share it's quite safe. If they don't get a share you can expect that they will shut it down quickly.

I am now reminded of the late great Bernard Trink's catchphrase:

MANURE (huMAN natURE)

Bernard Trink - Wikipedia

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not a lot different than all those that used to obtain non o (ed) and  never attended class. Same same but same

Correct .. 

Next ...

• Confused 1