One dead, multiple wounded in stabbing at Vancouver-area library, suspect in custody

rooster59

On 3/28/2021 at 5:21 AM, ExpatOK said:

How many senseless killings have to happen before we institute knife control?

What an idiot this guy must be.......any decent mass killer would have got himself an AK47 and done a proper job....at the least the Yanks know how to do it properly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

As well as being irrelevant, your assertion is also factually incorrect. I may not be British but I do pay some attention to events over there. From memory most terror events there were carried out by ISIS affiliated terrorists, such as the Arianne Grande attack and the Parsons Green attack, both by "refugees" - wasn't the Parsons Green bomber also found to have been significantly older than he claimed and nobody cared to check!? - and it took forever for the details to finally be admitted. There was ONE vehicle attack by an ethnic Brit, with a memorable name that made him sound like one of Ozzy Osbournes relations, and the guy was named and photographed within minutes. So, nice try, no sale.

As my post was a direct response to your wondering why the suspect had not been named, it is as relevant as that post.

My post is factually correct, as can be seen from the police guidance. Your long ramble about ISIS terrorist attacks in the UK does not change that.

Regardless of the crime, suspects in the UK, be they ISIS terrorists, NIRA terrorists, Neo-Nazi terrorists, a shoplifter in Tesco and anyone in between, are not named by the police until charged unless, as I said, naming them will aid in their capture or there is some other operational reason for so doing.

However, if the media discover a suspect's name by other means, and publish it, then the guidance says

It cannot and does not seek to prevent the media relying on information from sources outside the police in order to confirm identities.

This is what happened in the case of the Finsbury Park mosque attacker, Darren Osbourne. He was not named by police, he was named by neighbours of his after they saw video and photos of his capture taken by onlookers in the media. The police did not confirm his identity until he was officially charged.

The relevance of this being that, as far as I can discover, similar guidance is extant in many other countries, including Canada. Unless you know differently.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

And we FINALLY have a name and photo. Yannick Banduogo, age 28. Contrary to established fact on this website where all terrorists are "angry white men", this one is a black male. Which makes 2/3 recent terror attacks in North America done by non white males. 

Named here

https://www.cp24.com/news/man-28-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-north-vancouver-stabbings-1.5365795

Photograph is easily to see by googling his name. 

Named after he has been charged. Which rather proves my point.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, polpott said:

Published in 1788. Which sums up the whole debate on the 2nd amendment. Fit for purpose at the time but totally unfit for purpose in the 21st Century. Its the reason why the constitution is a nonsense. Its inflexible and stuck in the 18th Century. Laws should be able to change with circumstances which is why we don't have a constitution in the UK.

Sorry, but your opinion on the constitution is not a valid reason to destroy the obvious intent. 

The logic in the constitution is timeless.

Unlike the uk and their history of the aristocracy and the ruling class, the United States was purposely trying to never allow these self serving arrogant individuals to ever be in control. 

A deterrent to an ever increasing size and reach of an incompetent clearly corrupt central government was the clear intent. Fortunately,  you have zero influence in destroying the constitution. It amazes me how much the left wants to be controlled by government. 

The uk is a train wreck, the leftists in the us want to follow the same disastrous path. Fortunately, that will not happen. Ever. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/29/2021 at 3:09 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

And we FINALLY have a name and photo. Yannick Bandaogo, age 28. Contrary to established fact on this website where all terrorists are "angry white men", this one is a black male. Which makes 2/3 recent terror attacks in North America done by non white males. 

Named here

https://www.cp24.com/news/man-28-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-north-vancouver-stabbings-1.5365795

Photograph is easily to see by googling his name. 

In the UK terrorists tended to be white 'Christians'. Probably 90%+ of terrorism in the UK was committed by 'Christian' terrorists, something that's lost on people who go on about Muslim terrorists.

• Confused 2

Incredible story of how a lady sent her young daughter away to safety then went after the attacker with an umbrella. Seems the guy was homeless and on the run from a number of criminal court sentences on the other side of the country. 

https://www.theprogress.com/news/teacher-who-survived-north-vancouver-stabbing-hailed-as-hero-for-fending-off-attacker/

• Like 2