Because of the covid situation I’m no longer able to travel to Savannakhet.

I now go to Yasothon Immigration. I do or did have a multi entry extension.

On my last visit I was advised to get a Retirement Visa, only trouble is they want 25:000.00baht? You got to be kidding.

As this is a blatant rip off, who do I complain to? 

Normal 60 day report would for me has been 2,000.00baht.

Thanks

It seems you had a multiple entry non-o visa before that is not an extension.

If married to a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension for 1900 baht.

If married to a Thai the financial proof needed for a one year extension is 400k baht in a Thai bank for for 2 months

• Like 1

Yes I am married to a Thai the point is 25,000 is a blatant rip off.

Who do I report these officers to. I know the actual costs.

The normal finances are not a problem.

My next trip is due in May.

Call it an extension, report or anything you want, readers know what I mean.

19 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Trying to complain is pointless. If you have 400k baht in a Thai bank account for two months, you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay. If you meet all the requirements for that extension (which costs 1,900 baht) and they refuse to accept your application, there may be ways to appeal their refusal. At the current time, all you have is a verbal demand for a bribe for which you have no proof.

yes it is a rip off. this is close to what certain 'agents' charge for their 'services'. they seem to be mirroring this. if you can't do it the right way, then... ?

ubonjoe is the knowledge on these matters. 

48 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

they are giving you the option to stay in the country not following the financial requirements, it's usually 21k+ for the first 15 months then 12.5k+ for subsequent years. Follow requirements then no issue

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

they are giving you the option to stay in the country not following the financial requirements, it's usually 21k+ for the first 15 months then 12.5k+ for subsequent years. Follow requirements then no issue

They are asking for a bribe to give him an  extension of stay that he does not qualify for.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

They are asking for a bribe to give him an  extension of stay that he does not qualify for.

Yes, or an alternative way to look at it is they are offering him a way out of his predicament, not meeting the financial requirements

• Like 1

I meet all the financial requirements, my paperwork is all up to date.

Until the bridge to Laos is open I have no other choice but continue going to Yasothon.

I have lived here for 20 years, got the yellow house registration book but have never had problems like this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

If you have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months it should be accepted.

Do you have a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry printed out at an Amphoe in your paperwork.

Perhaps review my list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

No current permission to stay?

He has not implied that and immigration would of told him to leave the country if that was the case.

He had a multiple entry non-o visa but could not use it due to covid 19. I think he has been getting 60 day extensions.

2 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Until the bridge to Laos is open I have no other choice but continue going to Yasothon.

I have lived here for 20 years, got the yellow house registration book but have never had problems like this.

Usually they only offer option B (Bribe or Bung) when you don't meet the requirements

On 3/29/2021 at 8:26 AM, Paul Laycock1 said:

Normal 60 day report would for me has been 2,000.00baht

OP, it's a lot of guesswork to understand your situation. 

Thinking that you have been obtaining 60 day covid extensions.

Many above have explained the option of extension based on marriage or retirement along with the financial requirements. If you meet the financial requirements then there is nothing preventing you from obtaining annual extensions.

Not sure what the story is with immigration office. Think you mentioned return in May. Guess that's when your current covid extension expires. I think when they announce that the 60 covid extensions will continue to be issued in April and May, that you will be able to continue with obtaining covid extensions.

I suggest you do not fully understand the requirements and options. 

Edit: OP, just been announced that the covid extensions will continue to be issued in April and up to  May 29.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1