COE website.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you would find that the certificate of being tested for covid 19 would be accepted instead of the fit to fly certificate.

I was just reporting on recent IDBs, since 1 April,  in the U.S. flying to THL. The airline was adamant that this was still a requirement to fly to THL.

And simply recommending that people fully research this issue before potentially getting an IDB at check-in.

Simple stuff, really, I think you'll find.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Some caution here:

1. Thailand's new policy of not requiring a F2F cert as of 1 April 2021 has not percolated through the various airline systems. So still seeing some IDB issues after 1 April with airlines requiring this on behalf of Thailand.

2. Some airlines may have their own internal requirements, indepdendent of Thailand, for a F2Fcert.

Net is that you need to research this a bit. Some even recommend getting the cert just as a precaution.

The airline I'm flying to Thailand with, CX, do not require a F2F cert as stated on their web site.

I'm departing from Australia and have contacted the Sydney office and they confirmed no F2F cert required to board

45 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I was just reporting on recent IDBs, since 1 April,  in the U.S. flying to THL. The airline was adamant that this was still a requirement to fly to THL.

From the US that might be wanted due to it being required by the country a person is transiting through since all the flights have a stop over or change of flights before arriving here.

G day 

Im flying to thailand on a non o 90 days visa on the 28062021 from Germany to Bangkok. Im using an agent in Germany. Now I was told by the agent that for the CEO a vaccination date proff was required which I consider nonsense. Can someone here advise if im correct .....I booked  111 nights qurantine hotel , I will subject myself to a PCR 18 covid test in Hamburg 72 hours prior to departure, I will carrying my AXA health with a covid coverage USD $ 100.000 . Have I missed anything ??

Cheers 

roobaa01

10 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

Now I was told by the agent that for the CEO a vaccination date proff was required which I consider nonsense. Can someone here advise if im correct .....I booked  111 nights qurantine hotel

At this time you do not need to vaccinated to apply for a COE unless you want only 7 days of quarantine. A vaccination is not needed for the 10 day quarantine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

Now I was told by the agent that for the CEO a vaccination date proff was required

You mean COE and I presume you mean PROOF of your vaccination date? - its a little more than that.  At the moment the authorities are stating that quarantine is reduced to 10 (11) days - reduced to 7 (8) for those who have been fully vaccinated. You must provide a vaccination certificate showing that you have had the full dose of vaccine according to the advice of the manufacturer - they also provide a list of acceptable vaccines. The vaccine must have been administered and the course completed at least 2 weeks before you travel to Thailand.

I wrote to the Thai Embassy in London who replied:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your inquiry.

**Holders of British/Irish passports, as well as 54 other nationalities entitled to 30-day visa exemption, can go to Thailand for tourism purpose for up to 45 days without visa. Proof of air tickets that the applicant will not overstay and health insurance are required for COE application.**

**Please check the travel measures announced by the UK/Irish governments before you plan your trip to Thailand.**

All non-Thai passengers from the UK and Ireland will be subject to not less than 11-night quarantine (effective from 1 April 2021) at their own expenses at one of the facilities for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) that have been approved by the Thai authorities. 

For those, who have completed their COVID-19 vaccination for at least 14 days before departure to Thailand, will be considered to reduce the number of quarantine days to 7-night quarantine. The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".) So please contact your ASQ hotel directly. A certified proof of vaccination shall be uploaded when registering for the Certificate of Entry (COE). The document shall have the number of doses being vaccinated, dates of vaccination, type and batch number of vaccine, and check if the vaccine being vaccinated has been approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. The list of vaccines approved by both authories (as of April, 2021) as follows:

- CornaVac (or also known as Sinovac)

- AstraZeneca

- Pfizer - BIONTECH COVID-19 vaccine

- COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1_nCoV-19)

- Janssen COVID-19 vaccine

- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

- Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine 

Your Certificate of Entry will indicate the number of nights to be quarantine.

(Remarks: If any family member traveling together has not been vaccinated, all family members will be subject for a 10-night quarantine. For example, parents, that have been vaccinated, traveling with a child, that has not been vaccinated, all family members will be subject for a 10-night quarantine.) 

Booking for ASQ hotels for quarantine can be made directly with the hotel of your choice or conveniently done through the websites below:

If you meet the requirements below, you can apply for the Certificate of Entry through the online system at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

For more information, including the list of permitted airlines that can carry passengers to Thailand, please see https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry

For COVID-19 insurance, applicants can buy UK/Irish or Thai insurance. For the list of companies that offer COVID-19 insurance, please see https://covid19.tgia.org/

Best regards
Consular Officer,
Royal Thai Embassy, London
29-30 Queen's Gate 
London
SW7 5JB
Tel: 02072255500

My doctor is going to provide me with a print out from the vaccination centre plus a letter of confirmation.  At the moment there is no 'Vaccination Certificate' available in the UK so I hope that will suffice.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

For those, who have completed their COVID-19 vaccination for at least 14 days before departure to Thailand, will be considered to reduce the number of quarantine days to 7-night quarantine. The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".) So please contact your ASQ hotel directly. A certified proof of vaccination shall be uploaded when registering for the Certificate of Entry (COE). The document shall have the number of doses being vaccinated, dates of vaccination, type and batch number of vaccine, and check if the vaccine being vaccinated has been approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. The list of vaccines approved by both authories (as of April, 2021) as follows:

- CornaVac (or also known as Sinovac)

- AstraZeneca

- Pfizer - BIONTECH COVID-19 vaccine

- COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1_nCoV-19)

- Janssen COVID-19 vaccine

- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

- Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine 

Your Certificate of Entry will indicate the number of nights to be quarantine.

(Remarks: If any family member traveling together has not been vaccinated, all family members will be subject for a 10-night quarantine. For example, parents, that have been vaccinated, traveling with a child, that has not been vaccinated, all family members will be subject for a 10-night quarantine.) 

Booking for ASQ hotels for quarantine can be made directly with the hotel of your choice or conveniently done through the websites below:

If you meet the requirements below, you can apply for the Certificate of Entry through the online system at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

For more information, including the list of permitted airlines that can carry passengers to Thailand, please see https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry

For COVID-19 insurance, applicants can buy UK/Irish or Thai insurance. For the list of companies that offer COVID-19 insurance, please see https://covid19.tgia.org/

Thanks for sharing that useful information for those returning to Thailand from UK.

> The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".) So please contact your ASQ hotel directly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for sharing that useful information for those returning to Thailand from UK.

> The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".) So please contact your ASQ hotel directly.

Yes Peter, in the usual Thai manor - its a jumbled up self contradicting statement.  However, what I take from it is:

Book 10 (11) days no matter what the result of your COE application is because your documents will be checked at the point of entry and if they are not happy with something, 10 (11) days is what you do.  If everything is OK, you do 7 (8) and the hotels have been instructed to issue refunds. (It remains to be seen how the refund bit works out in practice)

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes Peter, in the usual Thai manor - its a jumbled up self contradicting statement.  However, what I take from it is:

Book 10 (11) days no matter what the result of your COE application is because your documents will be checked at the point of entry and if they are not happy with something, 10 (11) days is what you do.  If everything is OK, you do 7 (8) and the hotels have been instructed to issue refunds. (It remains to be seen how the refund bit works out in practice)

I just was issued a COE in Usa and it states 7 days quarantine as supplied Covid vaccination card along with my submission

My ASQ is booked and accepted for 7 days.

Lot's of incorrect information floating around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear friends,

thank you very much for your elaborated replies. Yeah rigthoo its the usual thai jumble of contradictions. So when one now tries to register on the web page ministry of foreign affairs for the COE one would the enter only fictiv vaccinationation dates for the 10 days qurantine right ???? in order to get registered.

cheers

roobaa01

16 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

thank you very much for your elaborated replies. Yeah rigthoo its the usual thai jumble of contradictions. So when one now tries to register on the web page ministry of foreign affairs for the COE one would the enter only fictiv vaccinationation dates for the 10 days qurantine right ???? in order to get registered.

No you would not. A popup with this message comes up when you open the is web page. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

"For travellers with vaccine certificate and travelling from countries with no cases of COVID-19 variant strains may be eligible to no less than 7-day quarantine. This condition will only apply to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand no less than 14 days before the travelling date. Travellers must present vaccine certificate (an original paper or a print out of online vaccine certificate) to International Port Health Control at the port of arrival, otherwise you may be quarantined for no less than 10 days."

9 hours ago, Bob4u said:

I just was issued a COE in Usa and it states 7 days quarantine as supplied Covid vaccination card along with my submission

My ASQ is booked and accepted for 7 days.

Lot's of incorrect information floating around.

What do you expect me to post?  I copied and pasted an e-mail from the Thai Embassy in London.  In that email they state 'a certified proof of vaccination'. In addition, all the official announcments state 'Vaccination Certificate'.

I haven't seen a US vaccination card and the information it contains so I can't comment on why it was acceptable but good for you. I very much doubt the small hand written card that is given out in the UK is acceptable.

We are talking about Thailand remember - what is required officially and what is required in practice can be two completely different things.  Your COE has been accepted online and you will probably be fine but that does not guarantee 7 days. As illustrated in the post from Ubonjoe above, the final decision lies with the officers that check your documents on entry. If they are not happy with your paperwork you will be required to do 10 days.

I've been dealing with Thai officialdom for close to 20 years so I'm used to things that are stated as 'required' in the instructions, differing from what is required in practice - and that can work for you or against you.

Please don't roast me by stating 'Lot's of incorrect information floating around' - what I have posted is the official line.

Personally, I won't be travelling 6000 miles reliant on my UK vaccination card.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I must have missed the change to COE being applied for online.  In the case of travelling from the UK, does that now mean there is now no involvement from the Thai Embassy, I don't apply to them now?

The application is sent to the Thai embassy or official consulate for the country you apply at for approval.

The link for the COE website is shown on the embassy website more than once.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The application is sent to the Thai embassy or official consulate for the country you apply at for approval.

The link for the COE website is shown on the embassy website more than once.

Thank you, I rarely check the Embassy's website in the UK as when I was planning to travel last year it was rarely updated and often contained information that conflicted with announcements from the Thai authorities.  The actual application process has changed several times so I stopped paying particular attention to it until I was ready/allowed to travel. The first time I realised that there was a COE website was when I saw this thread.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No you would not. A popup with this message comes up when you open the is web page. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

"For travellers with vaccine certificate and travelling from countries with no cases of COVID-19 variant strains may be eligible to no less than 7-day quarantine. This condition will only apply to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand no less than 14 days before the travelling date. Travellers must present vaccine certificate (an original paper or a print out of online vaccine certificate) to International Port Health Control at the port of arrival, otherwise you may be quarantined for no less than 10 days."

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Dear Ubonjoe ,

I found the mistake which was applied by the German Visa Agent they misread the POP UP Registration Window for the COE missing out on the last sentence. 

Anyway  @ubonjoe thank you very much for your advice.

cheers

roobaa01

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I haven't seen a US vaccination card and the information it contains so I can't comment on why it was acceptable but good for you. I very much doubt the small hand written card that is given out in the UK is acceptable.

We are given a small handwritten card in the USA also with a CDC logo 

1 hour ago, Bob4u said:

We are given a small handwritten card in the USA also with a CDC logo 

Sounds much the same as the card that is given out in the UK.  I am not prepared to rely on that being accepted.

Gday ones again ,

another question with the COE has arisen for the following scenario :

a türkish passport holder has booked a flight to Krung Tep for  the 22042021 and return to 60 days later Germany on 22.06.2021 . However he will enter Thailand on a  visa exempt 45 days , would he face any problems ??? As far as I remember he could extend locally in Pattaya for another 30 days 1 x time at the immi soi 5. Thereto is it correct that  COE would be issued in his case for 45 DAYS ?

Thank you in advance .

Cheers

roobaa01

27 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

a türkish passport holder has booked a flight to Krung Tep for  the 22042021 and return to 60 days later Germany on 22.06.2021 . However he will enter Thailand on a  visa exempt 45 days , would he face any problems ??? As far as I remember he could extend locally in Pattaya for another 30 days 1 x time at the immi soi 5. Thereto is it correct that  COE would be issued in his case for 45 DAYS ?

They may need a ticket out of the country within 45 days to board the flight to here.  It could be a one way flight to anywhere or a temporary onward ticket. Do a search for for onward tickets and you will find sites offering them for as little as $12.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, sirineou said:

I was told by the Thai embassy that my  American BCBS insurance that covers me in Thailand is good. They just need a letter from your insurance curries saying so.

but if you don't have insurance that will cover you in Thailand, then IMO it would be better to buy from a Thai currier the covid insurance they sell , even though you will never use it. If I have a problem with the letter from my insurance that I send them, I will buy it also.

It is only about $200 for three months. 

Did you ever purchase COVID insurance from a Thai carrier? If so, please provide their contact info. Was the premium around $200, as you mentioned above? I'm submitting my COE application this week, and need to provide proof of coverage. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Travis179 said:

Did you ever purchase COVID insurance from a Thai carrier? If so, please provide their contact info. Was the premium around $200, as you mentioned above? I'm submitting my COE application this week, and need to provide proof of coverage. Thanks!

This is a Thai company providing COVID only insurance. Country of origin USA, cost ฿6400 for 90 days coverage.

https://covid19.tgia.org

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

This is a Thai company providing COVID only insurance. Country of origin USA, cost ฿6400 for 90 days coverage.

If you need that 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance treatment insurance for 90 days, and you do not have foreign/international coverage for accidents/illnesses, you would be much better of with AXA Sawasdee travel-insurance.  Three-month premium would be approx same (or slightly higher), but that travel-insurance not only covers the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment but covers ANY accident/illness you might encounter in Thailand during those 3 months.

On top of that - if you would be returning on a Non Imm O-A Visa or Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement or a re-entry permit from those - that AXA Sawasdee policy ALSO covers the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement mandatory for such returns.

Attached a sample certificate as issued by AXA Sawasdee, and accepted by all Thai Embassies as meeting the requirements.

AXA_Sawasdee-Document-SampleCertificateofInsurance.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

If you need that 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance treatment insurance for 90 days, and you do not have foreign/international coverage for accidents/illnesses, you would be much better of with AXA Sawasdee travel-insurance.  Three-month premium would be approx same (or slightly higher), but that travel-insurance not only covers the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment but covers ANY accident/illness you might encounter in Thailand during those 3 months.

On top of that - if you would be returning on a Non Imm O-A Visa or Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement or a re-entry permit from those - that AXA Sawasdee policy ALSO covers the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement mandatory for such returns.

Attached a sample certificate as issued by AXA Sawasdee, and accepted by all Thai Embassies as meeting the requirements.

AXA_Sawasdee-Document-SampleCertificateofInsurance.pdf 512.3 kB · 2 downloads

This one sounds excellent as well, will review later tonight (I'm in the US). I started the online COE application earlier today. But didn't realize I needed to submit proof of insurance that early in the process. I thought that wasn't required until after the COE was approved. Thanks for that info, Peter! Much appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Travis179 said:

This one sounds excellent as well, will review later tonight (I'm in the US). I started the online COE application earlier today. But didn't realize I needed to submit proof of insurance that early in the process. I thought that wasn't required until after the COE was approved. Thanks for that info, Peter! Much appreciated. 

Another option >

When entering Thailand on an Emirates-flight the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance is provided FREE and is included in the flight-ticket price.   You can't get much cheaper than that.  However, as the coverage is only 30 days for a one-way flight, you would need to book a return-flight with return date AFTER the permission to stay date you would receive on entry, as in that case Emirates covers your full trip with that free 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance.  When booking a flexible ticket you could of course use that return-leg at a date of your convenience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozfarang said:

The cheapest COVID-19 only insurance we have found so far is this one. But please note that it will not cover hospitalization if you are hospitalized without any symptoms (asymptomatic).

The follow prices are for someone that is 39 or younger.

45 days - 2000THB (exempt entry)

90 days - 4000THB

1 year - 16500THB

The prices will vary on length of term, as well as the age of the traveler. But if you are looking for a very inexpensive COVID-19 travel insurance to just meet the entry requirements this is a good option.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2