It’s official: Thai govt approves plans to re-open to foreign tourists

webfact

24 minutes ago, connda said:

...Just saying...this may heat up and get interesting over the next months, especially once the governments finally encounter that segment of their populations who do not want to engage in the experimental use of these new vaccine technologies

As far as I know, Covid-19 vaccination is voluntary in Thailand.

• Like 2

Interesting to see Hua Hin is not mentioned as one of the locations alongside Pattaya & Chiangmai.

Tourists who visit Hua Hin tend to be older people, as we know most countries are vaccinating its elderly population first, making them first in line to board the plane.

Makes sense to say Hua Hin would be a more targeted destination for these older people.

16 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Exactly what I am going to do, leave in May

Not waiting for the totally shambolic rollout of the vaccine here in Australia for the saving of 3 days quarantine

Any flights out of Australia????????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Exactly what I am going to do, leave in May

Not waiting for the totally shambolic rollout of the vaccine here in Australia for the saving of 3 days quarantine

You guys seemed to have had it all sewed up. Granted, out of the loop so easy to sit tight and shutting all out was probably right thing to do. Not rolling out a vaccine asap to a populace with practically no antibodies is a bit of a mishap, however, but of course not helped by the EU and their incessant want to prolong this thing for one and all. That I don't get, along with the continual dig at AZ which is saving lives left, right and centre. It is the kind of carry-on you'd expect from big pharma on one drug or other, because it is very cheap by all accounts. Very strange (inserts irony emoji).

Anywayyyy, methinks one should take any 'approval' now with a pinch of salt. Look who's running the show!

Have plans but wait for something solid.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, connda said:

So what do you do when Thai immigration gives you the choice between taking an experimental vaccine under duress so you can remain in Thailand with your family - or being kicked out.  Of course, now you can't board a plane because you don't have an experimental vaccine in your system. 
So, what's next - life time incarceration in a Immigration Detention Center? Swim? At the end of the day you'll be forced to take it or you'll be jailed until you do.  Rather biblical, don't you think? 

No airline is requiring vaccination.. YET. Your destination might require it  however (none yet). If you don’t want to abide by the laws of the country you live in, you are free to leave... and take your family with you to a more accommodating country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

So what do you do when Thai immigration gives you the choice between taking an experimental vaccine under duress so you can remain in Thailand with your family - or being kicked out.

You abide by their rules.  There are many rules I don't like in Thailand but I have to abide by them.  By the way, I don't think Thailand will force you to have the vaccine - in the latest proposals for getting tourism moving again, people who have not been vaccinated were accommodated - they had to complete quarantine.  Surely you are not wanting to be given the same freedoms as those that have had their vaccinations?  If you are, that won't happen, at least not in Thailand.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

I’m from the USA I got a vaccination card and there is a link a safe.cdc.gov. Put in the information they text you a code you enter the 6 number code. Then it shows you all your vaccination information

I don’t think that is a passport site or anything like that. It is just to report your health status daily.  You enter all the information manually. I don’t think it verifies anything. I accidentally entered the wrong birthday. It let me register. I submitted the same info again with my correct birthday and it gave me a new registration number.  So I think this is pretty useless for travel.

16 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

So the Thai authorities think im in Pattaya as my phone is siting in Avani Pattaya but im at Landmark Hotel in BKK and heading to Nana Plaza.

I see some problems with that,

They can't cover all possibilities but they will try - be quiet, do you want them to put a tracker on your ankle? ????

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

From Perth

SQ have daily flights and CX 3 or 4 times a week with connections to BKK

What you have to understand is flight, quarantine hotel and insurance is a step too far on the financial scale for many, hence the 'no way I am coming when quarantine is in place' statements. Note how many are suddenly open to quarantine if it is only 7 days.......still quarantine after all ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

What you have to understand is flight, quarantine hotel and insurance is a step too far on the financial scale for many, hence the 'no way I am coming when quarantine is in place' statements. Note how many are suddenly open to quarantine if it is only 7 days.......still quarantine after all ????

My quote you are referring to was in answer to another post regarding flights out of Australia nothing to do with quarantine in Thailand. 

Everyone has a choice regarding travel to Thailand

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

It will probably include this list.

South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Cameroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania.

The Ministry of Public Health says they’ll update the list every 2 weeks.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/11-countries-must-still-do-full-14-day-asq-quarantine-when-travelling-to-thailand

So what happens if you hold a passport from one of those countries, but have not been in that country for an extended period of time?

Logic would suggest that they mean arrivals that departed from those countries rather than citizens of those countries, but I seem to remember something about Italians(?) being denied entry  at some point last year even if they had not been in Italy in years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Just gets tiring the cr@p that is spewed by people, how will tourists travel, no flights, no way I'm doing quarantine, why should I have to be vaccinated, all summed up easily, 'if I can't be ar5ed why would anybody else do it'!!

Well I have 4 days left of my 14 in quarantine and I am very pleased I am here and shortly will return to normal life in Thailand along with many others the negative guys can sit outside and criticise

Well said. I'm envious of you. I will be there to start my 10 day quarantine in 7 weeks and looking forward to getting back to see my family in Thailand.

The critics can continue to criticise, will not affect me

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Well said. I'm envious of you. I will be there to start my 10 day quarantine in 7 weeks and looking forward to getting back to see my family in Thailand.

The critics can continue to criticise, will not affect me

You will cope easily with quarantine, you get such a boost when you actually set foot in Thailand, enjoy, and good luck.

• Like 1

Just for the sake of it:

I guess this post will also be deleted as "conspiracy" even though it comes straight from the WHO homepage !

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines

Safe and effective vaccines will be a gamechanger: but for the foreseeable future we must continue wearing masks, physically distancing and avoiding crowds. Being vaccinated does not mean that we can throw caution to the wind and put ourselves and others at risk, particularly because it is still not clear the degree to which the vaccines can protect not only against disease but also against infection and transmission.

So why does anybody need a vaccine when it is not clear if it works at all ???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel55 said:

But there is no information what's about Bangkok. So what's about not-vaccined, normal  people in Oct. who will come that time to Thai capital city?

Not vaccinated people will NOT be considered "normal" anymore ! That's what the whole story is about.

Not vaccinated you will not travel ! That's what the whole world is talking about right now - just in case you don't understand what everybody is saying ! All Governments ! China, US, the EU - they all say the same thing.

.... some would call this a "Conspiracy"

9 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Just for the sake of it:

I guess this post will also be deleted as "conspiracy" even though it comes straight from the WHO homepage !

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines

Safe and effective vaccines will be a gamechanger: but for the foreseeable future we must continue wearing masks, physically distancing and avoiding crowds. Being vaccinated does not mean that we can throw caution to the wind and put ourselves and others at risk, particularly because it is still not clear the degree to which the vaccines can protect not only against disease but also against infection and transmission.

So why does anybody need a vaccine when it is not clear if it works at all ???

The CDC just answered that question. It reduces transmission by 90%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/03/30/moderna-and-pfizer-vaccines-prevent-infection-as-well-as-disease-key-questions-remain/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Learn something about statistics and you will understand how to get to 90% in whatever statistic you want ????????

55 minutes ago, SABloke said:

So what happens if you hold a passport from one of those countries, but have not been in that country for an extended period of time?

Logic would suggest that they mean arrivals that departed from those countries rather than citizens of those countries, but I seem to remember something about Italians(?) being denied entry  at some point last year even if they had not been in Italy in years.

If you read the article its linked to then it states people arriving from these countries. 

Not your nationality.