New Order to Be Issued for Food Delivery Men

webfact

So they are going to take the blame for accidents, now

i wonder what unenforceable solutions the workshop is

going to come up with.......cannot wait to see.

A Lazada delivery man on motorbike with a box on the back

that would not look out of place on a pick up ,it was so big.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Land Transport Department has been ordered to strictly regulate food delivery services by motorcyclists as they caused traffic accidents.

Hahaha, anyone can cause an accident here! ????

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

I have to admit there are quite lot of idiots doing stupid things whilst working ! I would like to see the figures for the accidents they either cause or are involved in

About 20,000 per year! Give or take 5-10,000!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The way a lot of them ride you would think they have a Death Wish or are collecting 500 Baht for each delivery.  I think the former rather than the latter is the reality !

If they were making 500 baht per delivery they could afford to lollygag.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Line just dropped the wages for their delivery riders, just going to make then ride faster to get one or two more orders delivered to make up the lass in pay.

Yes. Its brutal. I do tip them but I reckon most people don't.

• Like 2

A good start would be if delivery ppl drive in the appropriate side of the road, proper direction.

Wait, include there those motorbike taxi ppl too

Wait, add there about half of all motorbike guys.

Wait, for a good measure, a huge number of car and pickup drivers too.

Yeah, that would be a good start....

When done, could move to traffic lights next...?

• Like 2

The first people in the room for discussing the problem needs to be the owners of the delivery companies. Treat the root cause. It is dog eat dog for the drivers because of the business models devised by the owners. 

7 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Where does it say that?

Kind of insinuated in this statement, "The Land Transport Department has been ordered to strictly regulate food delivery services by motorcyclists as they caused traffic accidents", but then I was sarcastic in saying "SO all", or did the SO instead of So not yell out sarcasm.  Enjoy the day Cyril, heading out and hopefully will avoid an accident with a food delivery rider.  But if I get hit by a rider for J&T, Kerry, or Best, then they are excused because they are not included in the Land Transport Departments new direction towards the other class of delivery riders.

Edited by ThailandRyan

That is so <deleted>'ing awesome!

Grab drivers are a nightmare! I'm constantly dodging the buggers. They are like ants, everywhere.

They should put these guys out of business for the way they conduct themselves. No other delivery service is this bad. They are the worst!

It's pretty obvious they put so much pressure on their drivers to perform that they end up risking their lives.

For once I'll say it: Great move Thai Government!

First off, am a big fan of food delivery, probably get ~ 5 deliveries per week (just prepared food, excludes 7/11, Lotuss', Big C. etc.).

And I support the drivers and would gladly pay more for delivery if it went to the driver. I always give a 20 baht tip.

Now onto the relevant part: most motorbike delivery drivers, not just food, do look at their phones when driving, obviously for directions, more than they look at the road. And often they are holding the phone with one hand, or talking to the customer for directions. Is this the safest mode of operation? Probably not. Am I shocked that they may have a higher accident rate? No. Could some improvements be made? Probably.

Not sure what those would be? Spoken word directions? Use both hands to drive? Hands-free audio for calls?

Edited by mtls2005

worst drivers in bangkok are the public bus drivers. got hit yesterday and had to follow the bus down sukhumvit with my horn blaring he didnt stop until he say me signing that i was going to phone call on him. he was super polite when he did eventually get out and apologetic but he just kept on driving like nothing happened. Not to mention the thick black smoke they bellow out..(the buses not always the drivers)

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The Land Transport Department has been ordered to strictly regulate food delivery services by motorcyclists as they caused traffic accidents.

And the statistics to back up that theory??